• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

almost ready to go live.

fribhey

i'm about to go live with a site i did for a client of mine. the store is currently at:

www.bedfordbasket.com/catalog

when i go live i will be moving the store from the catalog folder to the root of the site. i've heavily modified it to make it look exactly as the site i previously design for my client looks like but the previous site didn't have full ecommerce. the contributions i used are: Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons, ProductListingSelect and UPSChoice.

please take a look around, test it out and let me know what you think.

Real Nice looking, Fast Load, easy on the eyes, looks very symetrical...

A lil small font on the left menu... top menu font seems a bit fuzzy.

Also, I personally DO NOT like the checkout... drop downs for selecting products just does not seem fun to me. Make me feel like I'm ordering cookies from the Girl Scouts.

just my opinion

looks great.

The only thing I didn't like was that the osc session ID stays on the URL. I forget which contribution or what settings you need to use to have that removed from the URL. It should only be there for the first click and then dissappears from the URL.

But overall, it looks awesome.

nice work

only 2 nitpicky points. The product listing table you get for your cart. The header grey seems at odds with other colours. It might even be the standard colour but it's a quick fix.

Why not put the search back in?

The first impression I had was great. I would have bought from your site. However, I did not. I am buying on a Website through the magics of eCommerce. That alone makes me so impatient I cannot stand the morning commute anymore, and I work from home!! :-/

In other words, you have an obviously well-established business and would love to introduce it to the world wide web! Invest in a merchant account that supports online transactions from the customers themselves. Not PayPal, that would desigrate the entire beautiful site you have.

You obviously have spent time and effort or hard-earned profits to obtain this much; go the extra mile and you will see a tremendous difference (positively that is).

Good luck with your online ventures.

Ruhl

In other words, you have an obviously well-established business and would love to introduce it to the world wide web! Invest in a merchant account that supports online transactions from the customers themselves. Not PayPal, that would desigrate the entire beautiful site you have.

thanks,

it's actually not my company. i designed the site for a client of mine who owns the company. the site is set up with a merchant account using authorize.net but right now it is in test mode and the credit card transactions will go live when the site does.....

thanks again.

Real Nice looking, Fast Load, easy on the eyes, looks very symetrical...

A lil small font on the left menu... top menu font seems a bit fuzzy.

Also, I personally DO NOT like the checkout... drop downs for selecting products just does not seem fun to me. Make me feel like I'm ordering cookies from the Girl Scouts.

just my opinion

yeah the font is a bit small and is on my to do list to fix. the top menu was done in photoshop and the i have to make the font a bit more crisp, i think it was set on smooth.

the drop downs are out of my hands, this is what my client wanted. because some baskets have so many options (boy/girl, male/female, large/medium/small, etc etc) the only thing i could think of was to add the product attributes which are the drop down menus.

nice work

only 2 nitpicky points. The product listing table you get for your cart. The header grey seems at odds with other colours. It might even be the standard colour but it's a quick fix.

Why not put the search back in?

i haven't decided what to do with the checkout header color so for now i just left it that light grey. it's an easy change in the style sheet.

i opted not to use the search because from what i could tell is that it mainly searches the product titles and that doesn't work to well with gift baskets. for example if i searched 'baby' only 6 baskets would show up because only 6 baskets have the word 'baby' in the title even though there are 11 baskets in the baby category. if i could create a database and list the items of each basket and search that then the results would be much better. also the search box would have thrown the balance of the homepage off, because i only wanted a right column i didn't want to weigh the right side of the page down.

Archived