• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support Plus v1.00 by Acheron

Im using Live support plus v1 and I can't get it to display in an info box on the left, the reason is that I'm using the STS Template System contribution, has anyone got this Live help working with STS? If so can you let me know how you went about it. Thanx

• 5 weeks later...
Im using Live support plus v1 and I can't get it to display in an info box on the left, the reason is that I'm using the STS Template System contribution, has anyone got this Live help working with STS? If so can you let me know how you went about it. Thanx

You need to make a custom box in /catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php - just look for the big commented out header for 'create custom boxes' - then you need to take whatever variable you assigned to it and drop it into your template HTML file. Don't forget to add it to the column_left.php file as well - just copy the format of all the other boxes.

Have you gotten the contrib to work at all though? I've got it installed, can bring up a chat window, but my client can't see anything the admin types, and likewise, the admin can't see anything the client types.

Jacob

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a few months since i even looked at this script but will answer what I can.

The Use Of PHP-Online v1.4

You may wait for a customer using:

http://www.yourdomain.com/phponline/staff.php

Put a link for your customers at:

http://www.yourdomain.com/phponline/client.php

Those are the only two links you should really need to run it.

I am trying this contrib - it talks about setting push urls and other things in admin cp - but i cannot see this anywhere ???????

Where does it talk about push URLs?

Have you gotten the contrib to work at all though? I've got it installed, can bring up a chat window, but my client can't see anything the admin types, and likewise, the admin can't see anything the client types.

I have seen this happen in 2 instances. In one instance, the installer did not run the first query, which creates the msgdb table. In the other, a firewall was causing the problem (specifically Zone Alarm) because the chat system uses Java which ZA was blocking.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Could it be possible to choose which user to chat with via a link on the "Who's Online" section on OSC admin?

Is this possible with any live chat contribution already uploaded?

Any info will be appreciated...

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am trying to implement live support. I followed the instructions but somehow when i click on the link for staff.php or client.php they open blank page.

Can not track down where is the problem. Please advise.