• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Controller Woes

liquidlens

I've just loaded the column controller contribution. Unfortunately I seem to have lost some info boxes; namely "tell a friend" and "currency".

When i ran the SQL query, I received the following error message:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES ( 182, 'Currencies Box', 'BOX_CURRENCIES_IS_ON', 'true', 'Would you like to display the Currencies Box?', 400, 40, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),' )

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '182' for key 1

have I buggered the whole lot up? I'm a little worried! All help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mark

the error states that there is already an entry in your database configuration table at location 182

backup your database and then run this sql query

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) 
VALUES ( '', 'Currencies Box', 'BOX_CURRENCIES_IS_ON', 'true', 'Would you like to display the Currencies Box?', 400, 40, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),' )

this will put the insert into the next available location in the configuration table

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

this is because there is more of the sql file that has not been run.

do you have these entries:

Would you like to display the Currencies Box?

In which column would you like to display the Currencies Box?

Would you like to display the Currencies Box?

Which Banner Group would you like to display in the Right Banner Box?

In which column would you like to display the Right Banner Box?

If not then you will need to run this sql queries.

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Currencies Box Column?', 'BOX_CURRENCIES_COLUMN', 'right', 'In which column would you like to display the Currencies Box?', 400, 41, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''left'', ''right''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Right Banner Box', 'BOX_BANNER_RIGHT_IS_ON', 'false', 'Would you like to display the Currencies Box?', 400, 42, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Right Banner Group', 'BANNER_RIGHT_GROUP_IS', '100X100', 'Which Banner Group would you like to display in the Right Banner Box?', 400, 43, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', '');
INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Right Banner Box Column?', 'BOX_BANNER_RIGHT_COLUMN', 'right', 'In which column would you like to display the Right Banner Box?', 400, 44, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''left'', ''right'', ''both''),');

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

many thanks for your help. This has now added the currency infobox to the column controller, but doesn't allow you to specify left or right column like all the other infoboxes.

I have also installed the Column Controller. My Column Controller tool page does allow me to specify left or right column like all the other infoboxes. So I think your table has not been fully loaded, as Steve (241) says. See Configuration.png

for a snapshot of the bottom portion of my configuration data. That portion only shows a portion of my Column Controller tool page but it shows the relevant portion.

After getting that working, I had a problem with a loginbox.php file not being found; that problem is described in another thread.

• 1 year later...

I have installed Column Controller, made all the changes, ran the SQL file, and when I go to my Oscommerce Admin page, I see Column Controller in the Tools section, and also in the Configuration section, but the pages are blank - I believe it is supposed to have a Column Controller Tool page like the one shown here:

Column Controller Tool

But I just have a blank table =(

What could I have done wrong? I double-checked all of the file modifications, additions, etc., everything seems to be in order. Please someone help! Thank you.