• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mp3 preview with Flash player v1.0

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! First of all I would like to congratulate you on your awesome contribution. I've had it working with the easy install and it's just great!

However, when I manually installed it (together with the WYSIWYG contribution) It won't upload the file anymore. I don't get any errors or whatsoever. I just add a product with an mp3 added but it won't upload. When I upload the sample manually with an ftp program it works fine.

The directories are properly chmodded to 777. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Coen Deurloo & Jean-Luc Openeer

• 3 weeks later...
hi  i have just tried to test the mp3 preview and when I click the listen button I get a java error that says: unterminated string constant how do i fix this?

hmmmm , i dunno , check twice the code that popup the player .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is fantastic! thanks for all the work man!

The install was fairly easy, and I've checked all my code, but...

when I click on the "preview" button, the flash player pops up but nothing happens; no song title or other info appears; if i click the 'play' button, the 'time' readout reads '0'.

any ideas where I might start checking for errors?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Hey, this is fantastic!  thanks for all the work man!

The install was fairly easy, and I've checked all my code, but...

when I click on the "preview" button, the flash player pops up but nothing happens; no song title or other info appears; if i click the 'play' button, the 'time' readout reads '0'.

any ideas where I might start checking for errors?

Thanks in advance,

Randy

which version did u install ?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi manmachine,

I also wanted to thank you first for this wonderful contrib. I was already about to do it on my own when i realized that you had already done it :thumbsup:

I manually installed the contrib and only have one "small" problem: the mp3s won't play. If I click on the speaker icon the flash player pops up displaying the title, but no time is indicated. When I click on PLAY it says "buffering" but nothing happens.

If you want to see it in action, you can go to this site.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Nick

Hi manmachine,

I also wanted to thank you first for this wonderful contrib. I was already about to do it on my own when i realized that you had already done it  :thumbsup:

I manually installed the contrib and only have one "small" problem: the mp3s won't play. If I click on the speaker icon the flash player pops up displaying the title, but no time is indicated. When I click on PLAY it says "buffering" but nothing happens.

If you want to see it in action, you can go to this site.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Nick

well it's quite hard to find where could be the problem . but when i look at your site i see that the url for the popup is :

javascript:popupWindow('player.php?track=Mangalashtakam_Track_2.mp3&path=mp3s/&title=Mangalastakam

the "mp3s/" seems wrong must look like this "mp3s" check your configure.php file .

The v2 is gonna be out on Monday .

new features :

- unlimited playlist

- slider for song position

- slider for volume

an mp3 files manager in the admin of oscommerce

and some more .....

the "mp3s/" seems wrong must look like this "mp3s" check your configure.php file .

In my configure.php I have

define('DIR_FS_MP3', 'mp3s/');

The slash seems to be o.k. because in other definitions it is there as well, e.g.

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

Well, even if I remove the slash from my URL it doesn't work:

http://govinda-shop.ch/shop/player.php?tra...2.mp3&path=mp3s

, although I can play the mp3 like this:

http://www.govinda-shop.ch/shop/mp3s/Fut.Rag.2.mp3

The mp3 folder permissions are 777. I can't think of anything else that might cause the problem. Is there a sample rate range that I have to adhere to?

Great to hear that version 2 will be out soon

• 4 years later...

has anyone got this to work??

I installed 1.04 and it did not work.

On pressing the play button nothing plays but a "0" appears and the word "buffering"

I didnt download the 2.1 spanish version, because I thought it was all in spanish.

I have seen that it has instructions in English.

I am using RC2 with STS can anyone help me? Or do I have to undo all my changes and redo this using the 2.1 spanish version??

Thanks in advance