• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question Problem with Best Sellers v1.4

Howdy all,

I am trying to pick a good contribution for the best sellers box. I really like the Best Sellers v1.4 (contib number# 1194 - Enhanced BestSeller box with admin)

But when I install it I have 2 problems

the first is that the pictures it is pulling are full sized so you only see a little bit of them in the box, how to I get it to do the thumbnail size?

the second is that everything is set for align center, but is located way off on the right hand side of the box, again, any ideas?

Thanks!

RavenWulf

please do not just bump it is against the forum rules, instead add more information or a link.

could the issue of the align center being off to the right be linked to the image issue pushing everything over to the right.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 2 weeks later...

Opps, sorry about doing the bump I had a brain fart and was thinking of a different forum.

You might just be right that the 2nd problem is due to the 1st (i.e. full sized pics causing the alignment to be off)

sooooooo

Does anyone know how I can change the code to show just the thumbnail image? I think that might fix everything.

Or does anyone have a suggestion for a different contrib for the best sellers box? I really like being able to control that box thru the admin (yes I know it kind of defeats the purpose of the box to mess with what it shows, but it does give one just a weee bit more with which to push certain products).

Thanks all

RW

• 3 weeks later...

found this in another thread

2. in order for the scrolling pix to be fitting in the bestseller box, the following line must be added to catalog/includes/boxes/bestseller2.php.

add: SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT

just after

$rows = 0;

$info_box_contents = array();

while ($best_sellers = tep_db_fetch_array($bestseller_products_query)) {

$rows++;

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers["products_id"], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers['products_image'], $best_sellers['products_name'],

i simply cant get this to work, there are page not found errors all over the place. Can someone recount the typos and resubmit the contrib with them all fixed please. I see there are several mentioned in the threads but just changeing them is making things worse. It would be very helpful. thanks

• 2 years later...