osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pass osCommerce session IDs into Flash

blueline

:blink: :blink:

4 Days in, More hours than i like to care and im almost there,

Result i now keep the session ID's BUT it pastes this as a extra

EG

http://localhost/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=f6d365921c5f071d7a1f0e57e7be1ccf%20;<font%20color="#000000"><b>1062%20-%20Duplicate%20entry%20'osCsid=f6d365921c5f071d7a1f0e57e'%20for%20key%201<br><br>insert%20into%20sessions%20values%20('osCsid=f6d365921c5f071d7a1f0e57e7be1ccf%20;',%20'1096470202',%20'cart|O:12:\"shoppingcart\":4:{s:8:\"contents\";a:0:{}s:5:\"total\";i:0;s:6:\"weight\";i:0;s:12:\"content_type\";b:0;}language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";currency|s:3:\"GBP\";navigation|O:17:\"navigationhistory\":2:{s:4:\"path\";a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:\"page\";s:19:\"flash_variables.php\";s:4:\"mode\";s:6:\"NONSSL\";s:3:\"get\";a:2:{s:6:\"action\";s:15:\"flash_variables\";s:6:\"osCsid\";s:41:\"osCsid=f6d365921c5f071d7a1f0e57e7be1ccf%20;\";}s:4:\"post\";a:2:{s:6:\"osCsid\";s:41:\"osCsid=f6d365921c5f071d7a1f0e57e7be1ccf%20;\";s:4:\"BASE\";s:0:\"\";}}}s:8:\"snapshot\";a:0:{}}')<br><br><small><font%20color="ff0000">[TEP%20STOP]</font></small><br><br></b></font>

This is in my URL

Where the Green Monkey is that all coming from!!!!!!!

here is what i have done

Instead of using Header.PHP i posted you code directly into STS_template

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="800" height="100" id="flash osc" align="middle">
? <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
? <?=// Check to see if a session id has been defined in the URL ?>
? <?php if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid'] != '')) || (tep_session_is_registered('osCsid'))) { ?>
?<?=// If so, append it the the osCsid variable so that flash gets the proper session info ?>
?<param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=$sid;" />
? <?php } else { ?>
?<?=// If not, call the movie without defining the osCsid variable ?>
?<param name="movie" value="header.swf" />
? <?php } ?>
? <param name="quality" value="high" />
? <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
? <?=// Check to see if a session id has been defined in the URL ?>
? <?php if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid'] != '')) || (tep_session_is_registered('osCsid'))) { ?>
?<?=// If so, append it the the osCsid variable so that flash gets the proper session info ?>
?<embed src="header.swf?osCsid=$sid;" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
? <?php } else { ?>
?<?=// If not, call the movie without defining the osCsid variable ?>
?<embed src="header.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
? <?php } ?>
? </object>
? <?=// End of flash header ?>

the only way i can get the Session id to stay is if i use

header.swf?osCsid=$sid

instead of using

header.swf?osCsid=<?=$_GET[osCsid]

but as a result all the extra Bumf????

Any Help would be EXTREAMLY Appreciated.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marc

Edited by aromacraft

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i remove flash_variables.php

Every time i click a button it will call the session ID but now it just adds

osCsid=

every time i click the link

eg 5 clicks =

http://localhost/catalog/index.php?osCsid=...765178ef5e75137

it has to be something simple

Thanks in advance

Edited by aromacraft

:D :D :D

CRACKED IT HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DONE

First of all flash_variables.php is not being used no mater what i try i canot get it work with this, must be somthing about the STS template system and this Contrib.

Used code from the Contrib header.php

Line 58

<?=// Start of flash header ?>
  <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="800" height="100" id="flash osc" align="middle">
  <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
  <?=// Check to see if a session id has been defined in the URL ?>
  <?php if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid'] != '')) || (tep_session_is_registered('osCsid'))) { ?>
 <?=// If so, append it the the osCsid variable so that flash gets the proper session info ?>
 <param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=<?=$_GET['osCsid'];?>" />
  <?php } else { ?>
 <?=// If not, call the movie without defining the osCsid variable ?>
 <param name="movie" value="header.swf" />
  <?php } ?>
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
  <?php if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['osCsid'] != '')) || (tep_session_is_registered('osCsid'))) { ?>
 <?=// If so, append it the the osCsid variable so that flash gets the proper session info ?>
 <embed src="header.swf?osCsid=<?=$_GET['osCsid'];?>" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  <?php } else { ?>
 <embed src="header.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  <?php } ?>
  </object>
  <?=// End of flash header ?>

Paste this into the STS template

And Changed a few lines

Aprox Line 64 TO

<param name="movie" [COLOR=red]value="header.swf?$sid" [/COLOR]/>

and Aprox Line 74 to

<embed [COLOR=red]src="header.swf?$sid" [/COLOR]quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

"The flash file is stored in the catalog root DIR"

And in the Flash Movie Provided

all i used was the button links

home_btn.onRelease = function() {
getURL("index.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

login_btn.onRelease = function() {
getURL("login.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

cart_btn.onRelease = function() {
getURL("shopping_cart.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

contact_btn.onRelease = function() {
getURL("contact_us.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

there has yet to be any problems but i will let you know if there is

P.s THIS ONLY WORKS WITH STS

Thanks Chris For the Brill Contrib i hope this helps the STS users of you contrib

B) B) B) B) B) B)

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
 <param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=$sid;" />
  <?php } else { ?>
 <param name="movie" value="header.swf" />
  <?php } ?>
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
 <embed src="header.swf?osCsid=$sid;" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  <?php } else { ?>
 <embed src="header.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="800" height="100" name="flash osc" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
  <?php } ?>
  </object>
  <?=// End of flash header ?>

Hey. It seems to me that you are not suing the right code.

For example, you have this (no php brackets so $sid isn't being identified):

<param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=$sid;" />

you should have:

<param name="movie" value="header_test.swf?osCsid=<?php echo $_GET['osCsid']; ?>" />

You need to define that you are using PHP in order to pass the PHP variable.

HTH

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

:D :D

Hi Chris

This is what i could not understand. By defining it

<param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=<?php echo $_GET['osCsid']; ?>" />

it would not call the session id, all i'd recived in the url was

....../catalog/index.php?osCsid=<?php%echo%$_GET[\'osCsid\']>

It would post something to this effect, baisicly just copying the deffinition to the url after trial and error i got it to post a session id but it changed every time you used a link (My First post on here), fixed this by using the $sid command that is used in STS for session id in links so i decided to give it a try it didn't work with flash so i merged both together and hay presto it works.

Over this weekend i'm going to try what i have done on a fresh Osc and see the results my guess that your origonal code will work but my rehash won't on a "non" STS shop,

Could you let me know if you have had anyone else with STS installed in there shop managed to get the origonal code to work..

Many Thanks

Marc Turner

o:) o:)

hi chris! nice to see you alive!

so please help me:

what can i do to solve my problem which is this error-message when i press any button in my flash-header:

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

i created two language-select buttons in the flash-header. these buttons i can use without any problems. even when i press: home, log-in, cart and the contact button, i`ll receive this message.

greetings, trebis.

Edited by trebis

:D  :D

Hi Chris

This is what i could not understand.  By defining it

<param name="movie" value="header.swf?osCsid=<?php echo $_GET['osCsid']; ?>" />

it would not call the session id, all i'd recived in the url was

....../catalog/index.php?osCsid=<?php%echo%$_GET[\'osCsid\']>

It would post something to this effect, baisicly just copying the deffinition to the url after trial and error i got it to post a session id but it changed every time you used a link (My First post on here), fixed this by using the $sid command that is used in STS for session id in links so i decided to give it a try it didn't work with flash so i merged both together and hay presto it works.

Over this weekend i'm going to try what i have done on a fresh Osc and see the results my guess that your origonal code will work but my rehash won't on a "non" STS shop,

Could you let me know if you have had anyone else with STS installed in there shop managed to get the origonal code to work..

Many Thanks

Marc Turner

o:)  o:)

Hey...don't do STS. I customize all my shops through direct code-editing. I would be interested in knowing the results of your "new" test install.

Thanks

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

hi chris! nice to see you alive!

so please help me:

what can i do to solve my problem which is this error-message when i press any button in my flash-header:

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

i created two language-select buttons in the flash-header. these buttons i can use without any problems. even when i press: home, log-in, cart and the contact button, i`ll receive this message.

greetings, trebis.

Can you please tell me what URL is generated when you click on a link in the flash header? Also, are you sure that any changes you've made are actionscript compliant?

Chris Sullivan

• 2 weeks later...
So does anyone else find this useful?

If I don't get any feedback I assume that no one is interested, yet I am getting TONS of emails from people asking how to do this...

Any comments?

blueline,

I found it extremely useful and I haven't even seen your files I just downloaded :) I was hoping to include Flash, after finding your post I realize the whole thing can be built in Flash.

Thanks a TON! I greatly appreciate it.

Kevin

blueline,

Thanks again!

I was hoping I could trouble you with a noob question. Well, you or anybody reading this that wouldn't mind helping me out. There are limited resources out there for this stuff yet.

Once I'm logged in, I want to switch the "login" button to "logout". I am new to AS and certainly no php coder (yet). I was trying to make the swf go to keyframe 2 with the "login button" changed to "logout".

I am able to follow your code but appearantly not grasping the method of passing data from php to flash using either osCsid or customer_id. I see that both vars are flash vars so it should be simplest to do this from within the swf only; or is it? (meaning, for the change I want to make, at that point flash has everything it needs from php to make the argument and I dont need to make any further calls out?)

//I was trying something along the lines of:

if customer_id <> null;

and osCsid <> 'Guest';

gotoandplay (2);

else gotoandplay (1)

//also simpler approaches like:

if osCsid <> 'Guest'; gotoandplay (2); else gotoandplay (1)

I was getting varied results depending on whether I put my AS before or after the ELSE statement in your AS. Placing it after the ELSE would go directly to keyframe 2 ignoring my criteria. Placing it before the ELSE would do nothing. And yes I put a stop() in frame 1.

It seems like flash should be able to read the value of osCsid at this point. Am I completely lost or is this the approach I should take?

BTY, it seems to me "undefined" in your AS is a function without a reciprical? At first I thought it was a variable. I was also trying to reverse your expression below to make it work.

if ((osCsid != undefined) && (osCsid != ''))

I guess that makes two questions :)

Any insight would be most appreciated!

TIA,

Kevin

I would suggest altering the code I have provided. You can try something like this:

**UNTESTED

if (customer_id != "Guest") {
 // This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip.
 Your_Buttons_MC.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
 // This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip.
 Your_Buttons_MC.gotoAndStop(1);
}

As the customer's first name is passed if they are logged in, an easy way to validate the session as a member/guest session would be to check the value of that variable. If the person is not logged in, the customer_id will return "Guest". Therefore, if the value is "Guest" show the log in button. If it is not, show the log out button.

HTH,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

Chris,

Thanks for the help! I am still stuck though. I should have been more clear. I am testing with the same code you wrote in the original files: header.fla, flash_variables.php, and header.php. I have applied what you posted for me every way I can think of and I am not able to make it work. If I post my (your) AS on this string would you please have a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I hate to ask but I'm still learning both languages and trying to use them together is not easy for me. It's such a great contribution, the best IMHO; but without knowing how to do this, I am so much more limited with what I can do with it.

I totally appreciate any help you can be and will be more than happy to contribute to your paypal account the next time I see some of that money stuff :)

// If you find this useful, I would appreciate any donations which you feel like making. They can be made 
// through PayPal by making a donation to "[email protected]" (no quotes).

// Thanks, and I hope you find this useful.
// - Chris Sullivan
//   [email protected]

if ((osCsid != undefined) && (osCsid != '')) {
// if the variable osCsid has been defined and it contains a value (not empty), we 
// will load the flash_variables.php file with the session id appended at the end
// of the URL.
loadVariablesNum("flash_variables.php?action=flash_variables&osCsid="+osCsid, 0, "POST");
} else {
// if the variable osCsid is undefined or it is defined but contains no value (it is
// empty) than we will load the flash_variables.php file without the session id
// so that osC will generate one for us and pass it back.
loadVariablesNum("flash_variables.php?action=flash_variables", 0, "POST");
}

// THIS IS THE CODE (modified) YOU GAVE ME TO CHANGE LOGIN BUTTON TO LOGOUT BUTTON.
// This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip. (They're not ?)
this.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
// This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip. (Are they ? )
this.gotoAndStop(1);
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Here we say that when a user clicks on the "Home" button it will perform some actions:
home_btn.onRelease = function() {
trace("The user has pressed the home button");
// load the index.php file with session id attached.
getURL("index.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

// Here we say that when a user clicks on the "Login" button it will perform some actions:
login_btn.onRelease = function() {
trace("The user has pressed the login button");
// load the login.php file with session id attached.
getURL("login.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

// Here we say that when a user clicks on the "Cart" button it will perform some actions:
cart_btn.onRelease = function() {
trace("The user has pressed the cart button");
// load the shopping_cart.php file with session id attached.
getURL("shopping_cart.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

// Here we say that when a user clicks on the "Contact" button it will perform some actions:
contact_btn.onRelease = function() {
trace("The user has pressed the contact button");
// load the contact_us.php file with session id attached.
getURL("contact_us.php?osCsid=" + osCsid);
}

I would suggest altering the code I have provided. You can try something like this:

**UNTESTED

?// This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip.
?Your_Buttons_MC.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
?// This assumes you're buttons are inside of a movie clip.
?Your_Buttons_MC.gotoAndStop(1);
}

As the customer's first name is passed if they are logged in, an easy way to validate the session as a member/guest session would be to check the value of that variable. If the person is not logged in, the customer_id will return "Guest". Therefore, if the value is "Guest" show the log in button. If it is not, show the log out button.

HTH,

-Chris

This is what I'm trying to do, I'm just not getting the syntax right I think. Seemed easy enough?

TIA

Kevin

Hi Chris,

How can i make the categories images use swf files? will i be able to upload the swf file through admin?

thanks, great contribution!

If you alter the tep_images function as I have advised people in the tips and tricks section, then yes you can. You should, however, rewrite some of the code in the categories.php page (in the admin folder) to ensure there are no complications with uploading swf files as images.

Chris Sullivan

So does anyone else find this useful?

If I don't get any feedback I assume that no one is interested, yet I am getting TONS of emails from people asking how to do this...

Any comments?

Howdy Blueline,

I am new to oscommerce,flash, php, everything..the ultimate noob as it were. Anyway I have been working to create a site where you can select a custom pen for example. My question is:

I would eventually like to get it to where the process of selecting a pen, and its attributes is flash driven. In other word someone would click a link to "build a pen" for example, and then in the center page (where it normally does product info/ catagories/ etc..) would be a screen showing a pen design and some selection boxes (style, materials, clips, bands, platings, etc..) by choosing an option the pen design would change to reflect the selection. Once the person has "build" their pen they could then choose how many, and then add it to the cart (where it would list out the style, materials, clips, bands, etc...)

Is this possible? I know it's a bit much (ok a HUGE) amount for someone new to be looking into, but I want to plan ahead for this as it is my dream to eventually have it this way.

I saw your contribution and it gives me hope that I will be able to do this, but I wanted to get your expert view point on it.

Thank you,

Doug

Howdy Blueline,

I am new to oscommerce,flash, php, everything..the ultimate noob as it were. Anyway I have been working to create a site where you can select a custom pen for example.  My question is:

I would eventually like to get it to where the process of selecting a pen, and its attributes is flash driven.  In other word someone would click a link to "build a pen" for example, and then in the center page (where it normally does product info/ catagories/ etc..) would be a screen showing a pen design and some selection boxes (style, materials, clips, bands, platings, etc..) by choosing an option the pen design would change to reflect the selection. Once the person has "build" their pen they could then choose how many, and then add it to the cart (where it would list out the style, materials, clips, bands, etc...)

Is this possible?  I know it's a bit much (ok a HUGE) amount for someone new to be looking into, but I want to plan ahead for this as it is my dream to eventually have it this way.

I saw your contribution and it gives me hope that I will be able to do this, but I wanted to get your expert view point on it.

Thank you,

Doug

Hey newbie. Welcome.

This is absolutely possible. Once you have the flash coded, it should be a pretty easy integration.

HTH

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

• 1 month later...

This is a great start as i am a flash noob. I have an observation as well as a question for help.

i am able to sign in using the flash cart, and everything seems to work fine. i have my greeting displaying my name, and the cart button takes me to my saved shopping cart. the problem is that the header info doesn't contain any SID (looks like /index.php?osCsid=). So it seems that the flash_variables.php isn't working correctly with the flash file. I would think that this could possible cause problems in functionality. any thoughts as to why this is happening?

The observation that i had was that any button in oscommerce that uses the history function (i.e. the continue shopping button in the shopping_cart.php page) will send you to the plain flash_variables.php file and display the text sid string (since flash_variables.php was technically the last page called). returns something like:

&customer_id=Guest&osCsid=

I was never a fan of how this worked anyways, since when you added something to your cart from the product_info.php page, it would send you back to that page again. i like to change this to show something more useful, like the first level of the catalog.

• 4 weeks later...

// EDIT THE URL BELOW TO FIT YOUR STORE'S MAIN DIRECTORY
var BASE = "http://www.store.eq/";

The BASE address is hard-coded in the Flash file.

Has anyone solved the problem with SSL?

• 1 month later...

Oops, forgot to post the solution.

To use this contribution with SSL:

1. Get rid of the BASE variable in the .fla file use relative address instead.

2. Use codebase="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? 'https://' : 'http://'); ?> for your codebase or simply just hard-code https:// there.

Edited by Alpha Ray

• 1 month later...

Right guys im a little confused here, does this tip/trick actualy allow you to use swf,s in place of the gif,s used for the buttons? Im not that worryed about the headers and stuff just changing the gif buttons to swf,s.

I replaced the code in the html_output file in functions and added a flash file to the buttons folder with the same name as the origional, just different file extension of course. The file shows but does not link to anything. The button im working on ATM is checkout so i edited the shoping_cart.tpl file to:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.swf', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>';

from

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>';

The reason i want to use swf files is the quality is much better on text as apposed to animated gifs and i need to have transparent backgrounds.

Please if anyone can get back to me, even if its to say it can't be done, i need to know weather to carry on with this idea or have a compleat rethink.