• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

I also have the same problem. I installed SEO Assistant V1.3 from March 20, 2005 (because for some reason the recent versions didn't work for me) and the Yahoo results show:

The site www.yahoo.com is not in the top 10 for the term yahoo on Yahoo

It also does not show a result list.

I was very surprised that the term Yahoo not showing on the Yahoo engine! So I checked the code a bit.

I found out that if I took out the followings in seo_yahoo_position.php:

// Get the domain name by looking for the first /

$x = strpos($out[1],"/");
	   if (strstr($out[1], "https"))
		 {
   		  $x += 2;
		   	$x = strpos($out[1],"/", $x);
		 }

Bingo! Now I got:

The site www.yahoo.com is at position 1 ( 1 ) for the term yahoo on Yahoo

1 www.yahoo.com

Hope this helps someone.

Hello,

I just installed SEO Assistant mod and I have a question. My questions is about the page rank section, all others work great.

I thought this was suppose to give me a page rank number, it does not. If it doesn't that's ok.

This is all I get: The site www.washbasinwonders.com is not in the top 10 for the term soapmaking supplies on Google. It is true my site is not in the top ten but I was hoping for a rank number. The list results shows the top ten sites.

On the Yahoo part I get this: The site www.washbasinwonders.com is not in the top 10 for the term soap making supplies on Yahoo. This is NOT true. My site is number 7. It also does not show a result list.

My main concern is the Yahoo ranking, I would like it to show correct.

Thanks,

Julie

The php.ini file is a control file that is not accessilble on shared hosts, which I am assuming you are on. You will need to contact your host if there is an option you want changed in it. Most will not change them though.

Jack

Jack;

Just an FYI, on a shared host you can compile your own PHP and in the htaccess;

Example

AddHandler php-cgi .php 
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php.cgi

Whalah you're in charge.

Jack;

Example

AddHandler php-cgi .php 

Whalah you're in charge.

Ok would you mind explainin a little hear like where do you put this code at.

never mind I figured it out

thanks

Edited by matrix2223

Jack;

Example

AddHandler php-cgi .php 

Whalah you're in charge.

Yes, I am aware of that. But running php as cgi is much more resource intensive. As a compromise, you can just upload your own php.ini file. it won't allow you to override all of the settings but will for some.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This just isn't working. I receive the message "your page isn't in the top 10/100/1000/etc" when I check my URL, even though it's #1 on organic with the specified keywords. Site URL is ftaparadise.com and search term is "fta paradise"

Someone please check on their system and let me know if they get the same results..

Using the second last version (full 1.3.3 package) after tweaking the modules like below, it all seems to work for me.

On another php sample site, I found that for yahoo to work the check needed to be:

// Yahoo uses an EM tag with a class of yschurl to show the site

if(eregi("<em class=yschurl>(.*)</em>",$var,$out))
			{

and for google, the class=l needed to be inserted in the <a href

// Try and find the font tag google uses to show the site URL
		if (eregi("<p class=g><a class=l href=([^>]*)>",$var,$out))

additionally, further down, I needed to include http in the check so it became

// Else if the sites match we have found it!!!

if(strcmp('http://'.$searchurl,$url)==0)
				  {

HTH

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 1 month later...

Hi

Carine, are those code patches for the Search Engine Ranking?

Also can anyone provide a fix for the fopen problem with google that has "recently" arisen. We get

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-2147454853&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.sitename.com): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/domain/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

(edited to remove identifying information)

If you enter the same query as a URL you get this from google:

Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-2147454853&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.sitename.com from this server. (Client IP address: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Please see Google's Terms of Service posted at http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html

thanks

Kym

Does the keyword density actually work?

I checked one site and its count of the keyword was way off. I counted far more myself just using the IE Edit Find (on this page).

www.ebags.com was the site I was checking.

The KD is a count of the words. It is a ratio of the keywords to the total number of words. So you can't just count them to get the same figure.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The last version uploaded by me should work (V 1.3). I don't offer support for versions others upload and it is obvious there are a lot of problems with some of the versions. I had planned an update to this package, and even had several changes done, but I doubt that I will continue support for it now. It is one of those double-edged sword situations - it is nice to be able to have others update a package but, since there is no coordination, many times it ends up in a mess, like this one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

I have my SEO Assistant up and running and the only bug I run into is when I try to see my google ranking. I get the following error:

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-2147370666&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.everything-asian.com) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

The code for that area in seo_assistant.php is as follows with line 96 being the dark green line.

function getPR($_url) {

$url = 'info:'.$_url;

$ch = GCH(strord($url));

$url='info:'.urlencode($_url);

$pr = file("http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6$ch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=$url");

$pr_str = implode("", $pr);

return substr($pr_str,strrpos($pr_str, ":")+1);

}

Can someone tell me where the error is?

Thanks

Kelvin

• 4 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded. The main changes are

- Added MSN position code.

- Added url status check.

- Fixed code in Link Popularity so more results are returned.

- Fixed code to prevent failures on position search. Now works if http or https is entered (or not).

I've tested the code with a large number of links, including ones from this thread, and they all work, and with better results. Of course, I didn't have too many problems before so it may be a php version problem if you still get errors. If one of the functions in the new version, especially the index position one, fails, please post your url and search words so I can follow up on it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just realized that the update instructions don't mention to upload the files. If you are updating from a previous version, be sure to upload all of the included files. Most were changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

still not working, i have :

Warning: file(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/WwwBSD/france-incontinence.fr/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-1330140846&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.france-incontinence.fr%2F): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/WwwBSD/france-incontinence.fr/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/WwwBSD/france-incontinence.fr/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Edited by xavkick

That is a server-related problem. There is a setting on the server that allows the code to open remote sites. Your host has that option disabled. You could ask them if they will enable it. Some will and some won't. If they won't, then this contribution won't work for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

They server totally different purposes. This one is a tool that allows you to check things like your sites index position in google, msn and yahoo, among other things.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am getting this error with SEO Assistant v1.4

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getsearchurl() in C:\path\catalog\admin\seo_assistant.php on line 66

I have scanned every file in the package and this function does not exist.

I also went through every previous version and getsearchurl() does not exist in any of them either.

I am assuming that it was left out by accident. Could someone please post the code for the getsearchurl() function.

Thanks.

Edited by insomniac2

I just checked and it's there - in the admin/includes/functions/seo_assitant.php file. That is not a vey big file and the function is at the bottom. Do you see it?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons