• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

I've insert this page

www.100asa.it/contact_us.php

The error is the same:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 60

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 72

Bye

Edited by 100asa

• 1 month later...

I've been putting all of my time into improving the PageMaker contribution so I haven't had time to keep up on this. I'll look into in when I get a chance.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I received the same error, but when I tried www.msn.com, it works without errors. Jack, please help, TIA.

I've insert this page

www.100asa.it/contact_us.php

The error is the same:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 60

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 72

Bye

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed SEO Assistant mod and I have a question. My questions is about the page rank section, all others work great.

I thought this was suppose to give me a page rank number, it does not. If it doesn't that's ok.

This is all I get: The site www.washbasinwonders.com is not in the top 10 for the term soapmaking supplies on Google. It is true my site is not in the top ten but I was hoping for a rank number. The list results shows the top ten sites.

On the Yahoo part I get this: The site www.washbasinwonders.com is not in the top 10 for the term soap making supplies on Yahoo. This is NOT true. My site is number 7. It also does not show a result list.

My main concern is the Yahoo ranking, I would like it to show correct.

Thanks,

Julie

Part of the problem is that you are confusing the sections. To find your PR, you need to use the Page Rank section but you are describing resutls from the Search Engine Position section. You are correct about the placement though. If you increse the Total Search count to 120, your site will show up, albeit at the wrong location. I'm sorry that I cannot say right now why your site returns a wrong position.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Another mighty fine contrib here sir if I may say!

Just a question or 2 if I may as ive just installed it and am playing about with it.

So far we have a page rank of 0 but we are planning on changing that and its a very new store so its expected.

I noticed when I increased the Enter total searches number to say 200 the google position results where often doubled, ie position 1 and 2 are the same site, plus a bunch of others.

Is this normal?

I never noticed this with the older Google SEO you wrote.

My other question is how does this work exactly?

Is it a bit like Webposition Gold that even Google themselves dont recommend?

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Another mighty fine contrib here sir if I may say!

Just a question or 2 if I may as ive just installed it and am playing about with it.

So far we have a page rank of 0 but we are planning on changing that and its a very new store so its expected.

I noticed when I increased the Enter total searches number to say 200 the google position results where often doubled, ie position 1 and 2 are the same site, plus a bunch of others.

Is this normal?

I never noticed this with the older Google SEO you wrote.

My other question is how does this work exactly?

Is it a bit like Webposition Gold that even Google themselves dont recommend?

Thanks

No one has ever mentioned this problem with doubling before. I just tried it using my site and it works fine so I don't really have a clue as to what it might be.

As for googles stance on such software see their TOS.

You may not send automated queries of any sort to Google's system without express permission in advance from Google. Note that "sending automated queries" includes, among other things:

using any software which sends queries to Google to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" on Google for various queries;

"meta-searching" Google; and

performing "offline" searches on Google.

Google mentioned WPG specifically because it has an automated option that can flood the servers. SEO Assistant does not. But their policy also states you are not supposed to use any software designed to find how a site ranks. That is a broad statement they put in, IMO, to try and limit server use. The Internet is full of sites that offer this service and google doesn't seem to mind. As long as you are not doing any kind of automatic checking there should not be a problem. Actually, the code is based around googles one search methods. If you go to google and do an advanced search, you can get the same information. So, technically, google is breaking its own rule by allowing you to do this.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Something else ive just noted....

Any of the links in the google position results when clicked open up as...

www.mystorename/admin/newlinkname

where newlinkname is new link.

As for googles stance on such software see their TOS.

Google mentioned WPG specifically because it has an automated option that can flood the servers. SEO Assistant does not.  But their policy also states you are not supposed to use any software designed to find how a site ranks.  That is a broad statement they put in, IMO, to try and limit server use. The Internet is full of sites that offer this service and google doesn't seem to mind. As long as you are not doing any kind of automatic checking there should not be a problem.  Actually, the code is based around googles one search methods. If you go to google and do an advanced search, you can get the same information. So, technically, google is breaking its own rule by allowing you to do this.

Jack

Nowt wrong with a little rule breaking here and there, I was just curious how it worked.

:rolleyes:

I just uploaded an update here.

- Fixed the MSN problem with not reporting link popularity

- Added a broken links cheker

- cleaned up the code a little

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just uploaded an update here.

- Fixed the MSN problem with not reporting link popularity

- Added a broken links cheker

- cleaned up the code a little

Jack

Nice contribution Jack, just a couple of questions regarding it :) I actually just found this thing the day before yesterday and downloaded it, installed it today, and then noticed you'd uploaded a new one today, so i replaced my newly installed one w/ the newest version :D my questions are this:

1) It seems you left out the definition statements for the subheadings in seo_assistant.php, for the values of TEXT_CHECK_LINK, TEXT_LINKPOP, etc... what should these say? Or did I just miss them when I was installing? I checked the english directory to see if it was defined in that seo_assistant, but it wasn't...

2) I noticed you did some work w/ MSN not reporting the link popularity correctly... is there a chance in the future of MSN search getting its own dedicated file and sql tables? I'm guessing with M$'s available funds and market dominance, that their search engine becoming one of the top 3 is not a question of if, but when, so do you plan on giving them the attention that google and yahoo get in this package? Just curious, i could probably write something myself just based on your code for google/yahoo, but since you wrote it originally and are more familiar, you could probably knock it out faster and better than I :D

That's it really, thanks for the contrib :)

Richard Lindsey

Thanks for pointing out the missing items. I have uploaded it again that should be complete.

As for MSN, there are no plans on doing that right now due to time limitations on my part. If I find the time at some point, I will, but that could be quite a ways off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Just installled this and works perfect - exept for:

1. Is there a way to make the google search country dependent - as in google in germen, danish, dutch etc. (I'am interested in the danish version)

2. Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /usr/local/xxxxx/admin/seo_assistant.php on line 14

This is a super contribution - its great to know how you are doing.

Hope that you can help out there.

Christian

Hi Jack,

Great to see that you have managed to update this valuable contrib, now that msn is fixed, hotbot seems to throw back 0 all the time.

Does this one need updating too?

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Ive just upgraded too and the keyword density is very clever!

I never knew you could be considered as spamming with too high a density (says him sloping off to alter a 23% density)

Ive still got all the links from my Google position results opening as...

www.myshopname/shopdirectory/admin/www.newlinkname.com though but can live with that :thumbsup:

Thanks for this contrib Jack!

Christian - It is possible to change the code to be country dependant. I'll put that on the list but no promises on when, if, it will be done.

For the warning, remove this line from admin/seo_assistant.php

set_time_limit(360);

Mark - Argh! I can't believe I didn't see that. Looking too hard at MSN I guess. I'll try to take a look at it this too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack

Removed the set-time-limet...............OK

Looking forward to your suggestion on the country dependency - thanks

Christian

i believe you can force it over to the danish google by going into *catalog*/*admin*/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php, should be line 38 if you haven't edited it at all and are on the most recent version, and change the domain name in $filename to reflect the new google address... i'm not sure which extension is danish, but you would just change www.google.com to www.google.de or www.google.es or whatever, and it should work the same... it would be nice for a future release to see maybe a set of radio buttons in the interface that would allow you to toggle between some of the different googles or something :D

Richard Lindsey

Jack, don't worry about a lack of time, that's what we're here for, so I decided to fix the links for you :D

There's now a new version (1.3.2) on the contribution page for this that will replace 3 files, seo_assistant.php in the root admin directory, and the 2 (google/yahoo) php files in the modules directory... these use a different regex for nabbing the url of the target site a little faster, along w/ the http or https prefix, and then save that prefix and crunch the html code down to 1 statement within seo_assistant for displaying the link as http or https, and without the links being within the admin directory tree...

If you're already at the latest version, simply grab these 3 files and overwrite your 3 :)

Richard Lindsey