• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

I just did it quickly to get the messages, I used real keywords that are related to and on my site, same with the URL, it was just a quick way to get the info up.

Well if you come up with anything, I will monitor the thread for a while still.

Corey

After plucking out certain lines Ive come up with these being the main cause of the white screen, commenting them out fixes the 2 top tools but the density checker still does nothing at all:

else {
 $density_url = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['density_url']);
 $use_meta_tags = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_meta_tags']);
  $use_partial_total = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_partial_total']);
 include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'seo_density.php');
 $ttl_words = 0;	
 $dens = kda($density_url, $ttl_words, $use_meta_tags, $use_partial_total);
}

I am also getting these 2 errors after commenting them out when using the Search Engine Position tool:

Warning: fopen("http://www.google.com/search?as_q=enter+search+word(s)&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0", "r") - Success in seo_google_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?as_q=enter+search+word(s)&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0. 
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in seo_google_position.php on line 107

Atleast now we have narrowed it down to the problem code.

Hope this helps,

Kenneth

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

In the few lines left, try changing it to the following:

else {
$density_url = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['density_url']);
$use_meta_tags = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_meta_tags']);
 $use_partial_total = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['use_partial_total']);
//include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'seo_density.php');
$ttl_words = 0; 
//$dens = kda($density_url, $ttl_words, $use_meta_tags, $use_partial_total);
}

If it doesn't fail, remove the comment slashes ( // ) from in front of the the include statement. If it still works at that point, to be sure, remvoe the final slahes and see what happens. This will help narrow it down a little farther. Not sure why you are getting the other erros since the code sections are not related. But working on one problem at a time is usually the best approach.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack

looking at this excellent contribution, I would like to get your advise on how to extend/customize this further.

Basically searching google can be done against different indexes, in a specific language or specific geography eg .be and dutch

I was wondering if you already came acros this or not.

I think the easy solution is making copies of the google php file but it's rather quick and dirty. Do you see it possible/feasible to make a more generic interface that allows for this ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

You would just need to figure out the search string needed to accomplish this. You may be able to go to google and perform an advanced search and use the resulting search string or at least compare it to the one in the code. I can look into this at some point but it will be quite a while before I have time I'm afraid.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

yes, that is exactly what I did, modified the supplied google and added additional parameters so it fitted one of the detailed searches, but I would really like to check and track results for all of these concurrently.

1) google.com

2) google.be in dutch

3) google.be for belgian sites only

Don't worry, I'll figure it out, just thought to get some quick advise before implementing something that would become incompatible with future upgrades ;)

Edited by bruyndoncx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I don't understand your question Brian. There have been a few problems reported earlier. You'll need to be more specific.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

I installed SEO_Assitant_V1.2, followed the instructions, only change was i changed "mysite.com" with carbinworld.com in the sql file, when i try to access the seo page from within tools, i just get this message(below) .... i will add that the login for phpmyadmin on my server uses a different username than that for the username on database "osCommerce" ... could that be the issue?

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Edited by carbinworld

The password to phpmyadmin shouldn't make a difference. If the rest of your admin is functionally correctly then it should work. For example, can you do a backup through Admin->Tools?

It may be that, as the messge states, your host has some setting that is preventing this from working. Try sending the message to your host and explain to them what is happening. The program does have to access the net and there is a setting on the host to allow this. I can't recall it ATM but if you read back through this thread it has been mentioned before. I think it is Allow URL or something like that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed SEO_Assitant_V1.2, followed the instructions, only change was i changed "mysite.com" with carbinworld.com in the sql file, when i try to access the seo page from within tools, i just get this message(below) .... i will add that the login for phpmyadmin on my server uses a different username than that for the username on database "osCommerce" ... could that be the issue?

Access Denied 

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

//**** Update, same day, just more coffee...

Logged into admin, went into Administrator/File Access , and saved/stored the appropriate files, works fine, except:

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?as_q=asante&n...=images&start=0.

Unable to open remote file http://search.yahoo.com/search?_adv_prop=w...&fl=0&n=100&b=1.

//**** then when i try page rank, i get the message (in pink banner):

Failed to read url: www.carbinworld.com

any ideas?

*****/

Sorry for my unusual posting stlye, can't find the "edit" button for my posts ;)

... You guys are a class act! This wourks brilliantly! Set allow_url_fopen = On per Jack_mcs, and I'm smilin', thanks

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I've just installed this and am getting the same fclose() error:

Warning: fopen("http://www.google.com/search?as_q=test&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0", "r") - Success in /home/.sites/90/site11/web/shopadmin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 44

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?as_q=test&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0.
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/.sites/90/site11/web/shopadmin/includes/modules/seo_google_position.php on line 107

If I do a:

wget 'http://www.google.com/search?as_q=test&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0.'
--14:39:21--  http://www.google.com/search?as_q=test&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0.
          => `search?as_q=test&num=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images&start=0.'
Resolving www.google.com... done.
Connecting to www.google.com[66.102.9.99]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
14:39:22 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I get a 403 error -

On our firewall logs it comes up as:

Deny TCP (no connection) from 66.102.9.104/80 to 80.75.65.132/48815 flags ACK  on interface outside

I just have to figure out how to open that up safely - any ideas?

Having had a quick look I think its a firewall issue but I'm not sure how fclose() works. Does it open a reverse session or something?

I'll keep at it and post a solution if I find one - if anyone's got any other ideas let me know :)

I think your problem is that it won't allow you to open the file. Do you have the Allow fopen option mentioned earlier set?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Still don't see it but I'll take your word for it. I don't have any other ideas. The code works fine for everyone else so I have to think it is a host issue. If it were me, I would ask my host to look into why it is not working.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just installed this contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2370/

but when I insert my web site www.100asa.it or a single page http://www.100asa.it/product_info.php?products_id=1107

the Keyword Density show me this error message in the header:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 60

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /web/htdocs/www.100asa.it/home/securecentoasa/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 72

Thank you for the support

I think the problem is the popup codes. When I try to view your site through the SEO code, it takes me to the log off page. I'm not sure of a fix for this ATM but I will add it to my todo list.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For example,

loadpopup()

I'm not saying anything is wrong wth your sites code, just that my contribution can't seem to interpret it correctly. As for seeing your site, the code in this contribution loads a copy of your site into the program so that it can be analyzed. After it has done that, I can display the whole page in my browser by issuing a command in the code. When I do this for your site, the log off page is displayed. This shouldn't be since the url is to a different page. So something is causing it to redirect. I'm guessing it is the popup code. I could be wrong though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just disable this contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2281/

On index.php I've disable this statement:

// RJW PopUp Promo v1.00 begin
// if ($session_started == true)  include('includes/popup_promo.js.php');
// RJW PopUp Promo v1.00 end

Is this the problem?

Like I said, I don't know at this point. If you can easily remove the code, then just do a quick test to see if the keyword density option works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons