• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SIF Scriptable Installation Framework

Hi Carine, thank you for your comments.

Woaw, we now have an official support thread :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 5 months later...

Costas,

The purpose of this contribution is to script the installation of OsCommerce contributions, and OsCommerce itself, to automate the creation of OsCommerce sites.

The use scenarios include the implementation of the generation script once and its deployment multiple times on different environments. While it is possible to backup and restore the file system and the database, some conditions may change that make that impracticable.

Also, when developing a module, it is necessary to install OsCommerce many times to test the results. This can be done with sifbuilder as simply as '<php_cli> sifcmd.php -o=install -f oscommerce oscsifbuilder'.

If you make a modification to a module and need to see it in a different environment, it can be done as '<php_cli> sifcmd.php -o=install -f -siteid=osc102 oscommerce oscsifbuilder' and see and compare the results there.

Once a site is created, it may be removed with '<php_cli> sifcmd.php -o=clean -siteid=osc102' that may be useful when you have created 10 test sites and decide to backup your environment.

You may wish to define a set of contributions to be installed as starting point for further configuration. At that point, you define a profile such as _my_bts, containing oscommerce, bts, all_prods, pricelist_catalog and others and have it executed as many times as you want with '<php_cli> sifcmd.php -o=install _my_bts'

A developer may also decide to deliver a contribution with the installation package and facilitate its deployment to potentially many users on existing sites.

To use sifbuilder, you define the installation environment: the level of debug and interaction with the user; the list of packages or releases to be installed; and the configuration of the target site (that is defined in the normal web based process).

The system analyzes the contributions to be installed on the basis of their dependencies and applies the individual installation packages for each module, including download from the master server, copy of files to the target site environment and modification of files as required.

A basic model composed of site, module, panel and block objects facilitates the creation of the installation packages and, to a certain extent, the layout on the site.

The same model is applied to postnuke modules and may be used as a postnuke module. It is then possible to create oscommerce sites from within postnuke.

Regards,

solgracia

Hi

Can someone explain exactly what thi socntribution is. I a little tidly confused.(my life story)

Thanks

• 2 months later...

solgracia,

I love the idea of your contrib, but I am guessing (sorry about the rookie question) that you have to have root access to your server to install and use this?

So my real question would be... is there a way to use this if you are on a shared hosting server? and if so, I seem to be missing something...

- /home/site/public_html/sifbuilder/sifclasses/SifApi.php::81:: (WARNING) bz2 extension not loaded /usr/local/php/php.exe is not recognized as a PHP CLI command. Please fix this at /home/jcs/public_html/sip/pnSifTest.php

My fingers are crossed that I might still be able to use this....

Thanks in advance,

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Laurie,

there are two ways of using the contribution. From the command line or as a postnuke module. If you are working with osc and not with postnuke, you require a command line in your host server. You should have permission to create the osc database or permissions to your specific database if it already exists. There should be no need for root permissions on the server (windows or linux).

Packages are downloaed using sockets and untared to the (host) local file system using the PEAR zip and tar classes (provided with the contribution). They should work even with that warning.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

solgracia

solgracia,

I love the idea of your contrib, but I am guessing (sorry about the rookie question) that you have to have root access to your server to install and use this?

So my real question would be... is there a way to use this if you are on a shared hosting server? and if so, I seem to be missing something...

- /home/site/public_html/sifbuilder/sifclasses/SifApi.php::81:: (WARNING) bz2 extension not loaded /usr/local/php/php.exe is not recognized as a PHP CLI command. Please fix this at /home/jcs/public_html/sip/pnSifTest.php

My fingers are crossed that I might still be able to use this....

Thanks in advance,

Laurie