• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Problems

I tried to enable the UPS shipping and it won't even show on the checkout page, then I signed up at USPS for the shipping module, put in my username and password, and it tells me that there was a problem calculating. What could be the problem??

for usps you need to have them set you up on a production server to pull the rates.

dont know what is going on with your ups one.

have you added any contributions or modified any code?

I haven't added anything. The only thing I did was change the code so that it would work without register globals.

I did signup with USPS and got a username and password, but it still won't work.

I tried to enable the UPS shipping and it won't even show on the checkout page, then I signed up at USPS for the shipping module, put in my username and password, and it tells me that there was a problem calculating. What could be the problem??

you do know that UPS and USPS are two different things right?

I tried to enable the UPS shipping and it won't even show on the checkout page, then I signed up at USPS for the shipping module, put in my username and password, and it tells me that there was a problem calculating.  What could be the problem??

Yes I do.

USPS = United States Postal Service

UPS = United Parcel Service

Why won't the UPS shipping option show at all? Also, why won't the USPS username and password work?

I would really only like to use UPS and FedEx, but I'm not sure how the FedEx module works either. Does FedEx charge for live quotes like that?

• 1 month later...

Yes I do.

USPS = United States Postal Service

UPS = United Parcel Service

Why won't the UPS shipping option show at all? Also, why won't the USPS username and password work?

I would really only like to use UPS and FedEx, but I'm not sure how the FedEx module works either. Does FedEx charge for live quotes like that?

You'll have to Enable UPS before it works..

THis is really wierd, it should be working by now.

-Kel

Also, make sure that you have the sort order for UPS showing as >0. if the sort order is 0, it won't show up properly. I had that same problem and have resolved it by making sure that the sort order is always >0 for the options I want to have showing.

With USPS, you need to call the 800 number in the email and have them switch you live.

Tell them the module is already integrated into your cart program.

Edited by GORF

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like nobody ever resolved your problem with UPS. I'm having the same problem. The only option we want to offer is UPS, however when I enable it, it simply does not show up on the checkout page. I have the sort order set to 0 and I'm not sure what else I need to do. Any ideas?