• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Country State Selector

I have installed the most recent country state selector contribution. I followed the instructions but I still seem to be getting an error on checkout_shipping_address.php.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'order by zone_name' at line 1

select zone_name from zones where zone_country_id = order by zone_name

Please help! I have tried all i know.

Helen

Before trying your contribution did you delete the one allready created? The other one also included a file that had checkout_shipping_address.php. Does yours also allow a new shipping address to be added at time of checkout.

THought I would ask before I go changing things around considering so far everything has been self taught and I am really not so good at it.

Thanks for your reply

Helen

Well it does allow you to create a new shipping address, but that is because it doesn't have anything to do with any changes outside creating a new account. Thanks for mentioning that though, because now I can modify it to include the fix for when you are adding a new address. I never thought of that issue.

I will modify and post it later today (it is a simple modification at worst).

-Patrick

Ok, after going over my own site I noticed that my site will allow a change to the billing address, but makes no mention of changes to the shipping address. Are you using a module that also allows direct change of the ship to address? My contrib is simply a change to the SQL query that queries the state when it is entered as part of the address.

Theoretically there is no reason why you couldn't snip out this code and use it on any files in OScommerce that have the state as an input option, but I haven't tried it on anything but the create_account.php file. If you download the contrib and open the file you will notice the code change clearly marked (this is for editing and reference purposes). In the mean time I will research what other files request state info too and look into adding that to my contrib.

-Patrick

Edited by pthurmond