• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pulling my hair out - about to get rid of header

aresman

Please, I hope someone can help. I'm about to get rid of Linda's header tag thing cuz I can't figure out what's going on.

I'm having two problems:

1) I'm getting this error:

[Sat Aug 14 21:40:31 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8) in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 8

Now, this was preventing my catalog/index.php page from showing up at all. But, I read about a workaround to comment an area in top and another area in btm and at least get it show up now. Though, it keeps throwing this error in the log file.

So, that's issue number 1.

2) My other issue has to do with product names. They're showing up on the individual pages when you click on the item in the store. However, they're being deleted/not showing up in the Admin area. There's text there (ex. ABC's New Video) but it's not showing up on the product name on top, nor is it showing on the main category page (above the price) like it was earlier before installing this mod.

Please, anyone who can help, please please please...

If preferred, feel free to IM me:

Yahoo: geminiskyguy

Thank you,

Nick

07:50pm 8/14

just go into your file, at /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8

and remove the function header_tags.php as you already have it declared somewhere else.

i dont understand the 2nd question. reword it, as it does not seem clear. you are talking of the admin area, yet the individual page?

I figured out #2 - so now we're stuck with #1...

I went and commented out line 8, but then ended up with this error:

[Sat Aug 14 22:26:47 2004] [error] PHP Parse error: ?parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

So then I went and commented out that } and got:

[Sat Aug 14 22:27:34 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: ?Call to undefined function: ?clean_html_comments() in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 14

Well, as you can see, it's just the trickle down thing I think. Each time I made these changes, I couldn't get anything but a white page in my catalog.

- Nick

Edited by aresman

• 2 months later...

I'm having the EXACT problem. I get a:

Parse error: parse error in /home/pnwgifts/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Did you ever get this fixed? Anyone know?

Edited by PnwGifts

• 2 months later...
I figured out #2 - so now we're stuck with #1...

I went and commented out line 8, but then ended up with this error:

[Sat Aug 14 22:26:47 2004] [error] PHP Parse error: ?parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

So then I went and commented out that } and got:

[Sat Aug 14 22:27:34 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: ?Call to undefined function: ?clean_html_comments() in /home/htdocs/users/me/me/store.sitename.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 14

Well, as you can see, it's just the trickle down thing I think.  Each time I made these changes, I couldn't get anything but a white page in my catalog.

- Nick

Line 8? Re-post your error, in full. I suspect you have a duplicate entry as John mentioned and you didn't remove the correct line. You shouldn't be editing the header_tags.php file, which it sounds you might be.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having the EXACT problem. I get a:

Parse error:  parse error in /home/pnwgifts/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Did you ever get this fixed? Anyone know?

Is that really the full error you are getting? If not, please post the full error.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.. This I get up when I search:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/butik1/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/butik1/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 8

Did you try commenting out line 8 as mentioned above?

Jack

I think it's probably because your using STS Templates, its calling for it twice.

Make sure you didn't put the title tags modifications in all the files in the catalog folder, as this isn't needed if your using the template system.