• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Open for review

mrsC2003

Oh that is fine Kel, as I mentioned my files are so modified from their original code it has taken on an existence of its own. :o

Here is how I would do your code:

$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">';

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
     $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue.gif', '');
   }
   else {
     $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue_light.gif', '');
   }

That is the section of code where your pointers are called into the picture. They are called "pointer_blue.gif" if the category has subcategories, and "pointer_blue_light.gif" if there are no subcategories. So, by placing that already existing IF statement within another IF statement, we could have the code look like this:

$categories_string .= tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">';
if ($current_category_id != 99) {    // Change 99 to FREEBIE cat #
   if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
     $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue.gif', '');
   }
   else {
     $categories_string .= tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pointer_blue_light.gif', '');
   }
}

Again, like I said, this will in effect create a statement that will allow all categories BUT the freebie one to have pointers visible. This will still leave a bit of space under the last category, which does not look bad.

Now, my last recommendation: Do not do like me and get to where you see this code in your dreams. Ugh, you begin to think about it all the time, wondering if you should have done this here and that there. We are being overrun by PHP! Better than ASP I suppose eh? :lol:

NOTE: I changed the variable in the IF statement from $categoriesid to $current_category_id (from my previous post) because your code is so close to the original, that would most likely be the already set variable in your includes. Remember, back up your files first, then cross your fingers and jump with joy when it works.

Ruhl

Ruhl

It didn't work (would insert face that crys if there was one) I found the line of code and replaced it with the one you posted. If I name it the name shows... oh man I wish I had you here to work your magic. Free milk and home made chocolate chip cookies if you come......ROFL.

Kel

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

I got the Paypal info box corrected now. It was not in the code where the problem was but in the review box image. I set the image size to 125 x 150 and now it all lines up..............yippy that was driving me nuts.

Kel

PS Many thanks to all who have been helping me. You have no idea how much help you have been.

Kel:

I am sorry it did not work. In theory it should have. Unless I screwed up the "does not equal" define. I understand it is not a big thing, but isn't it funny how these details really get to you until they are fixed?

And free milk and cookies you say? Lemme grab my cell phone... :lol:

BTW, I have lost all magic if it was left over by others. Pitty that stuff does not hang around longer.

I will do another look over the code, perhaps a longer delegation with it will product more favorable results.

Ruhl

BTW, I just realized one mistake in my 5 second code already. I used $current_category_id when I should have used $category_id. This way, the triangle would not show at all, not just when you are everywhere BUT the freebie category. What a dweeb.

Ruhl

Hum the cookies might not clog the cell phone but the milk may......giggles.

Thanks so much. I did figure out how to get those darn > things out of the cat list after the name.....I hated those.

Kel

My apologies but once again to those who tried to review my site and found nothing. I no longer have the server company that I was hosting with since they vanished for a week and the support/owner will not provide support or even return calls.

I now being hosted at registryfly.com and would think that they will not vanish.

Once again I apologies to the osC community.

Kel

Archived