Sign in to follow this  
ramiro77

Shipping Manager

A customer of mine wants to be able for a customer to order a product.

THen when he ships it, he wants to login and "click a button" that sends out an email saying your order has been shipping.

Any ideas or shipping modules out there?

Thanks

That is a really great contribution. Will save me lots of time doing copy and pasting.

One question, how do I add a new line feed to the comments (i.e. I want to put a second paragraph or sincerely yours at the end)?

Thanks,

Mark

I figured out the answer to my question (answer is \n), I had the \ backwards in my tests.

A new question though. I want to be able to pass the customers name from the orders.php to the java script and include it in the message going to the customer. The variable is want from the orders.php is $orders['customers_name'], I want to be able to put it into this line in place of the word 'name'.

<button class="cbutton" onClick="gettrackingnumber(); updateComment('Dear name, \n\nThank you for your purchase. Your order has been processed and shipped. Your FedEx tracking number is ' + usrdate +'. Please contact us if you have any questions or I can assist further.\n\nSincerely,\nMyNameHere','3');">Shipped FedEx</button> 

Thanks in advance!