[contribution] Star Product

euskopc

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i like your contribution very much, but i'm having problems with table.

when i try to validate html code with w3c validator, it says "end tag for "TABLE" omitted".

actually, i'm not sure it depends on your contribution cause i modified a lot my osc.

i'd just like to know if it works fine for you, and if you can get it validate as well.

(i'm installing a new copy of osc to check it as well, but 4 eyes see better than 2 :) ).

• 2 weeks later...
I think that the tables are OK in star product... but could be an error. Can I see your webpage?

i can set one page up.

actually, i deeply changed my osc, and star product contrib as well, to display 4 products in the homepage.

i can set up a new installation of osc with only this contrib (i already did it and checked it still had that problem, and i removed it), if needed.

but if you don't have validation problem with your page on http://validator.w3.org/ , surely it's just a problem of mine.

bye

Stefano

http://www.diarizing.com

i wanna have that the image is always only 100 pixels

how can i change it??

ii think this code is for it:

<td align="right"  height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>

i wanna have that the image is always only 100 pixels

how can i change it??

ii think this code is for it:

<td align="right" ?height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="2"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2) . '</a></td>

You can change it here:

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2)

If you want that the width will be 100 px.:

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], 100)

I can see that other people makes updates for this contrib, THANKS!!!

In the w3c validator I have a problem with the Euro symbol, but the tables are OK.

to fix euro symbol, simply use € entity.

i still have problems with tables...

since i was afraid i made a mess somewhere in index.php, i just tried with a new fresh copy of index.php.

so, this is the part of code:

<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_STAR_PRODUCT); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>

but now it's worse than before, since i can see with my eyes there are problems with tables looking at the page... (right column doesn't begin on top...).

and this is the interesting part on the validation page:

Line 201, column 16: end tag for "TABLE" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this

</tr></td>

Line 187, column 49: start tag was here

<td align="center" width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="95%"><tr>

any hint?

I already know the html code for the euro symbol... but I need change other things before (some contribs could show € to the user instead of ? symbol)

It's very difficult without seeing the webpage. Could you cantact me by mail?

Hello all,

I have a pair questions.

As possible change the amount a symbol in description, and as possible place several products in box Star Product?

Thanks

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Greetings,

Great Contribution used with thanks! Am in the process of developing my site and have added StarProduct as one of the main boxes in the middle of my main index page.

a daft question im sure, but i cant find where to edit the values to alter:

A) the width of the description text column. All my description text is crammed into a narrow column making the window far to high for my purposes. Id like to open up the column a bit to make it a bit more balanced, and reduce the hight.

B) the width of the Star Product box itself. While the header stretches nicely across the center of my page to fit perfectly, the actual product box itself only stretches wide enough to accomodate the product & description, leaving empty unused space at the sides.

This is the only hurdle i have to overcome to finalise my homepage, and its driving me nuts.

Fawning gratitude to anyone who would take the time to slap me in the right direction.

Cheers! :'(

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

i like your contribution very much, but i'm having problems with table.

when i try to validate html code with w3c validator, it says "end tag for "TABLE" omitted".

i got fixed this problem.

easier than i thought :-"

in star_product.php i added the bold </table>

<td align="right" height="20"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table>');

$star_products_output = array_slice($star_products, sizeof($star_products)-1);

incredible how i missed that thing for a long time :o

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to make the Star Product price include tax?

I have all products on my site set to display pricing with tax applied but the Star Product only shows the price excluding tax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - Awesome contribution, many thanks to all who have been involved.

Does anyone know how to make the Star Product price include tax?

I have all products on my site set to display pricing with tax applied but the Star Product only shows the price excluding tax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - Awesome contribution, many thanks to all who have been involved.

Hi there Mike,

You have probably sorted this by now, but thought id post it for anyone else who was having the same prob. My Star Product also was showing the price ex tax, and i rectified it by doing the following simple mod - which may or may not be correct:

Find in your Starproduct.php file at about line 38 (In an unmodded file) the following code:

$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><br></td>

and change the $listing to $star_products like so:

$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($star_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><br></td>

There are 2 instances, or blocks of code where you need to do this. Remember to do the same in both blocks of code called in the file - the lower block is for products with attributes. Otherwise if you set a product with attributes as your star product it will go back to not showing tax.

It seems to work for me, hope it helps.

If anyone can enlighten me as to whether this is the appropriate method id be happy to hear. It seems to work ok so i have left it.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

• 7 months later...

OK...

I *know* this should be super simple, but after an hour searching the forums / code I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust which corner image shows up in the corners of the star product box. I currently have it with the curved corner on the left and the square image on the right and I need it the other way around.

So where does it define which corners the star product infobox will use?

Thanks!

Edited by silentz

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've just installed "Start Product v1.5" with all latest updates and fixes. I have two problems:

1. There is an alignment problem on my index.php page. My right column has shifted down and line with

Friday 18 November, 2005 33407 requests since Thursday 10 February, 2005
has sticked to my Featured Products table.

2. In my database, in star_product table I get the following message:

"No index identified"
Can anybody please help me to fix these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any way to add a product preview when selecting a star product to be displayed from admin/Star Product?

Thanks,

Irina.

Hello,

I've just installed "Start Product v1.5" with all latest updates and fixes. I have two problems:

1. There is an alignment problem on my index.php page. My right column has shifted down and line with

has sticked to my Featured Products table.

2. In my database, in star_product table I get the following message:

Can anybody please help me to fix these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any way to add a product preview when selecting a star product to be displayed from admin/Star Product?

Thanks,

Irina.

Can anybody please help me with this contribution? I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Irina.

Edited by Irin

• 2 weeks later...
Can anybody please help me with this contribution? I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Irina.

Is this just me having these problems? Could anybody please share how to fix them. Please.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Is this just me having these problems? Could anybody please share how to fix them. Please.

Thanks.

if you encounter alignment problem with tables most probably some portion of product information text couses this if it has HTML formatting. I mean lets assume product info has <table> tag at beginning, contribution cuts its whole info before </table> tag is closed. Therefore you will have extra <table> tag on general code that it causes main page alignment problem.

I'm working on this to strip some html tags.

BTW, there is a missing close </table> tag in star_product.php in modules. So correct one as follows:

<?php

//REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER

$header_star_product = array();

$header_star_product[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => sprintf(STAR_TITLE));

new contentBoxHeading($header_star_product);

//END OF -REMOVE THIS LINES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOW THE HEADER-

function tep_star_product_with_attributes($products_id) {

$attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes_query);

if ($attributes['count'] > 0) {

return true;

}

else {

return false;

}

}

$star_products_query = tep_db_query("select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_STAR_PRODUCT . " sp left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

$star_products = tep_db_fetch_array($star_products_query);

$star_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($star_products['products_id']);

if (!tep_star_product_with_attributes($star_products['products_id'])) {

$star_products["0"] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'width="100%" valign="top"',

'text' => '<table abidik=1 border="0" width="95%">

<tr>

<td align="left" width="20%" rowspan="4"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>

<td align="left" height="40" class="star-product-title">' . $star_products['products_name'] . '</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="80%" width="85%" class="star-product">'. $star_products["products_description"] . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . STAR_READ_MORE . '</a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" height="5%" width="15%" class="star-product-price">'.

$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><br></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" height="20"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table>');

$star_products_output = array_slice($star_products, sizeof($star_products)-1);

new contentBox($star_products_output);

}

else {

$star_products["0"] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'width="100%" valign="top"',

'text' => '

<table border="0" width="95%">

<tr>

<td align="left" width="20%" rowspan="4"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>

<td align="left" height="40" class="star-product-title">' . $star_products['products_name'] . '</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="80%" width="85%" class="star-product">'. $star_products["products_description"] . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . STAR_READ_MORE . '</a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" height="5%" width="15%" class="star-product-price">'. $currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><br></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" height="20"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/more_info.gif') . '</a>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '10') . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table>');

new contentBox($star_products);

}

?>

if you encounter alignment problem with tables most probably some portion of product information text couses this if it has HTML formatting. I mean lets assume product info has <table> tag at beginning, contribution cuts its whole info before </table> tag is closed. Therefore you will have extra <table> tag on general code that it causes main page alignment problem.

I'm working on this to strip some html tags.

BTW, there is a missing close </table> tag in star_product.php in modules. So correct one as follows:

Thanks for that fix, expert. Everything is fine now, except that problem in the database. In star_product table I get the following message:

"No index identified"

Is there any fix for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for that fix, expert. Everything is fine now, except that problem in the database. In star_product table I get the following message:

Is there any fix for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

simply run following Query (in phpmyadmin or any sql interface)

ALTER TABLE `star_product` ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `product_id` )

I'm not sure it is correct way but it stops asking for 'no index identified'. Original contributor has forgotton that I guess.

BTW did you see my admin side improvement? Look contib area.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Nice contrib, I agree.

I like to know how I can change the length of the description text.

I find the amount of text to much (to long), so where can I change it for this contribution?

Thanks

Rich