osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Star Product

euskopc

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I'm Jenny. I have install Star Product v 1.6 and have trouble turning it on at the admin side. Did I miss a step or two? And before this contribution I have installed Graphical Borders v2.1 and was going to install individual boxes v1.2 after this star features. :'(

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the thread I figured out how to "unfix" the HTML by removing "strip_tags" from the code... now the products look as they were intended.

Also saw a similar question that went unanswered: How to remove the curved corner from the box? It ignores the "false, false" that other boxes use... so I'm still trying to figure this out.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already but I'm painfully new to this!!

Installed contribution fine. Did the mod listed to get tax, also did the mod to get image to click through to product description, finally I can live with a large image showing. Thanks to all you guys for your inputs on these.

What I can't work out is how to get the desription in the Star Product box to use the HTML formatting I have put into said description!! Can someone put it to me like I'm a five year old please??? Thanks!!

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already but I'm painfully new to this!!

Installed contribution fine. Did the mod listed to get tax, also did the mod to get image to click through to product description, finally I can live with a large image showing. Thanks to all you guys for your inputs on these.

What I can't work out is how to get the desription in the Star Product box to use the HTML formatting I have put into said description!! Can someone put it to me like I'm a five year old please??? Thanks!!

In includes\modules\star_product.php find en remove 2x strip_tags.

Also, to have the fontsize look better and nicer change:

.star-product {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 12px;
 font-weight: normal;
 color: #000000;
}

To:

.star-product {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: normal;
 color: #000000;
}

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Hi

the prices are taken of the price of product

It does not show the special price, only the regular price!

I'm looking into this to see if I can fix this "bug".

Norman in 't Veldt

It does not show the special price, only the regular price!

I'm looking into this to see if I can fix this "bug".

OK, the problem is caused by the tax-fix on page four (4).

So, just change Line 39 and line 60:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($star_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($star_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>

into:

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($star_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>

Norman in 't Veldt

• 1 month later...

thank you all very much for releasing this contributions. we really like it. however, we are getting the following error messages:

Fatal error: Class 'contentBoxHeading' not found in /home/martnova/public_html/storefront/admin/star_product.php on line 5

can someone please tell us how could we fix the problem? it seems that there is something not being included in the pakcage so that star_product.php can't find such class called 'contentBoxHeading'..

thank you,

edeal4u

Hi, I had this 1054 problem. It is to do with a change in supported syntax in MySql 5. I fix it on my site, so thought I share the fix.

Change Line 20 in the star_products.php to the following

$star_products_query = tep_db_query("select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_STAR_PRODUCT . " sp) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

that should fix it.

hi guys i need a litle help, this contribution give me this error

"1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from products p, products_description pd, star_product sp left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]"

i see every steps and everything its ok the contribution is a star_product 1.5, i dont now what i can do plese help me whit this~.

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

... sorry for asking a similar question again :-"

is there a mod for displaying a group of star products randomly?

e.g. I have around three featured products which I want to display on the front page.

THX

Hi, I had this 1054 problem. It is to do with a change in supported syntax in MySql 5. I fix it on my site, so thought I share the fix.....

Carl, thanks for the re-posting of that "1054 Error" Fix. It nearly drove me nuts -All day Today!! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now installed more pics 6 version 2 dated 19th Feb by matix france, I also tried to put the image thumbnailer mod on, which works really well except that star product doesnt seem to allow it.

I am guessing its something to do with the image in star product but not sure how to rectify the problem.

Look at http://www.get-wireless.co.uk/dev to see what I get

Instead of my star product and th rest of my index page I get

Fehlende® oder ungültige® Größenparameter!

In the star product box

Can anyone help resolve this ?

Also I would like instead of when the image is clicked it opening the image in a new page it just takes them into the product like clicking on the info button

Regards

Shaun

Edited by Get-Wireless 2

I have Star Product working fine. What I need to do is strip away the price display (as in "Hide Price if Less Than $0.00").

Where do I edit the files to stop showing a price? All my items have various prices as attributes, none of them are free. ;)

• 1 month later...

I am missing everything after Star Product on my Index page. The right column and footer are both missing. Can anyone point to what is wrong with my code? I get right column and footer on ALL other pages.

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<?

// STAR PRODUCT START...

if (SHOW_STARPRODUCT=="true") {

?>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_STAR_PRODUCT); ?></td>

</tr>

<?

}

// STAR PRODUCT END...

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed this mod twice and get this error on the store index page?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/t/s/mtsblori/html/store/includes/database_tables.php:66) in /home/content/m/t/s/mtsblori/html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 1183

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/m/t/s/mtsblori/html/store/includes/database_tables.php:66) in /home/content/m/t/s/mtsblori/html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

What did I do wrong? :blink:

STARPRODUCT AND PHP5 :huh:

Is not working at my testsite.

My normal store works with PHP4, but my host is upgrading to PHP5....

I have a testsite with exactly same shop, runs with PHP5 and when starproduct is enabled my startpage "fucks" up....

Anyone that has exspirience with this???

Best regards.

Agent Jensen / Michael.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I had this 1054 problem. It is to do with a change in supported syntax in MySql 5. I fix it on my site, so thought I share the fix.

Change Line 20 in the star_products.php to the following

$star_products_query = tep_db_query("select substring(pd.products_description, 1, 598) as products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_tax_class_id, sp.product_id from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_STAR_PRODUCT . " sp) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id) where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_description != '' and p.products_id=sp.product_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

that should fix it.

Great thanks for this info...this totally fixed my site that was having the infamous 1054 MySql 5 problem. Note to the above poster agentjensen about this fix.

Nigel

Ok, love this mod, however.... I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shorten the description that shows up. I want to cut it in half. Couldnt find anything in the module itself and can't figure out what to look for in myphpadmin in the star product table to change. Anyone?

Jayman