• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem with canada post module

I am getting an error on the page:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_dim_type' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_dim_type, p.products_weight_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '47' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

This seems to be in the shoppingcart file.

Whats happening?

well thats fixed now

the problem NOW is i get an XML parse error when it comes for a customer to choose their shipping method.

what does this mean?

There are two Can Post Modules

one standard and the other with dimensions.

If you are just getting started I would suggest you go to the contribution with dimensions. You get more accurate rates from CanPost using it. You will simply need to provide more info for the items being shipped.

• 2 months later...
I am getting an error on the page:

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_dim_type, p.products_weight_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '47' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

This seems to be in the shoppingcart file.

Whats happening?

:'( Hey Cath,

I have the exact error you listed above. How exactly did you fix this 1054 error? This is one of the last things holding my store up and I've been racking my brains (or lack there of) to figure this out. Any help would be greatly, greatly, greatly apprieciated!

Randal

Cath,

Which module are you using ?

WW

www.callibo.com

:'( Hey WW,

I am getting the exact same error as Cath (see below). Do you know how to fix it? Anything you can do to help a fellow Canadian would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randal

Error I'm getting -->

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_dim_type, p.products_weight_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '73' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Edited by FLIBIU

• 2 years later...
just XML parsing error

i dont knwo what the problem could be

I'm also getting a simple 'xml parsing error' on checkout. I have the 3.7 version of the shipping module with dimensions. AFAIK, the module is installed correctly, and my Canada Post account is setup correctly. Port 30000 is open, and if I test by changing to another port, then the module says it can not connect to Canada Post's server, so I'm confidend that port 30000 is no the problem and that it is getting to CPost's server.

However, it simply says XML Parsing error, which is not a lot of help. My cart is populated with stock (as is my shelves) so I'd really love to get selling, and any help would be appreciated.