Sign in to follow this  
oakhill

Bestseller Contribution

Hi, I installed the Bestseller contribution (I think 1.4) that scrolls and has the admin feature. It all works but slows the site loading time down heaps. I still have it installed but have no products selected because as soon as I do, it slows the loading. I have gone through the instructions and reinstalled and it all works fine except for this one issue. I have tried it with expiry dates and without. I am wondering if it is something to do with the image size and if so, how can I alter it? My site is live so don't want to leave it running while it is causing this issue!

Has anyone else had this problem....I love the concept and want to use it !

My Shop

Thanks heaps! :)

:D Hello Sarah,

I also have installed bestsellers 1.4 and just like you am having trouble with the loading time.

How did you solve it?

Also I have been to your website and I am also wondering how you speed up the images?

Or did you install another contribution instead ???

If so, which one?

Taosan

HI,

Looking at both of these website it appears that they found the answers but forgot to return and share them.

What is the solution? I have installed the BESTSELLERS feature with admin, BUT....

the images taken are the super size ones (click to enlarge) from my products, so just a small portion of the picture is scrolling.

What is the simple solution? :-"

Hi kbakba,

I had the same problem and this solution worked for me...

In order for the scrolling pic to be fitting in the bestseller box, the following line must be added to catalog/includes/boxes/bestseller2.php.

add: , SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT

just after:

$rows = 0;

$info_box_contents = array();

while ($best_sellers = tep_db_fetch_array($bestseller_products_query)) {

$rows++;

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers["products_id"], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers['products_image'], $best_sellers['products_name']