• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes - Text Entry

randomForm

I'm currently doing an online store that allows the purchase of personalized items - shirts, jackets, books, etc. I've combed the forums for any contributions relating to using text entry attributes, but I haven't been able to find any.

Basically, I want to be able to add text boxes on the product_info page where the customer can customize Name, Home City, Age, etc. and have that appear on the invoice when they order the product.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. If nothing exists, I'll be the first to write a contribution =)

Edited by randomForm

I believe this can be done with the attribute option type contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,option+type

The purpose of this contribution is to allow the use of various option types when setting up product attributes. With the current CVS version of osCommerce, all options are displayed with select lists for user input. This contribution specifically adds the ability to display options with text input boxes. This allows a store owner to collect customization/personalization information for a product from the end user. The contribution is written in such a way that the addition of other option types such as Radio Buttons should be reasonably simple to add

Note, it also supports radio buttons and checkboxes nowadays

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

What if the admin wants to text input his attribute value instead of having to chose from a select box ?

I mean instead of selecting from a select box: 32 mg of ram, he has to type 32 mg of ram when he adds the product to OSC.

Thanks,

Dan.

Is it possible to attach pricing to the user input, if the

user input is numbers?

For example, I want a user to submit a written manuscript.

I charge $X for manuscripts up to 120 pages. Then I want

to charge $1 per page over 120 pages.

I've tried to do it with product attributes, where each

page increment is $1, but it's very tedious.

Would like to allow user to type in actual page count,

and get the appropriate cost (e.g., user types in "146"

pages, and the shopping cart shows the sum of $X + $26).

Can anyone point me to anything (including where on

earth I'd start looking to figure out how to do it myself)?

Thanks.

OZ

• 6 months later...

I'm having the same problem as Rob:

I downloaded the contribution and noticed that the instructions are not that good meaning. It just says to merge the changes into existing files. It does not say what changed in the file and for me to do a comparison using a program it is very very difficult to find out where and what changed. There have been two other contributions I have added so those show up all over the place in the files and makes it very hard to know what to take from these new Product Attributes - Option Type Feature contribution. Anyone know of somewhere or somehow I can get a good explanation of what I need to take from the new Product Attributes - Option Type Feature files and add to my oscommerce files.

Are there ANY regular detailed installation instructions?

I.E.:

FIND:

coooooooooodeeeeeeeeee;

REPLACE WITH:

neeeeeeeeewcooooooooooodeeeeeeee;