• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Affiliate Multi-Tier Feature

mark754

Hi, can someone tell me how the multi-tier feature in osc affiliate works? I assume it allows affiliates to recruit other affiliates under them and so on, in order to build downlines. So how do the downline affiliates get reflected in osc as being "under" the top level affiliate that signed them up? If a "top-level" affiliate recruits a new affiliate under him/her, doesn't the new affiliate just go to our site and use the same banners? What am I missing?

Also, when an affiliate sale is made, it is reflected as "pending" in their account. Where do I change the status to "completed"? Or is this just a function of the "billing time" setting (e.g. 30 days)?

Thanks.

Edited by mark754

I would think that a downline affiliate must sign up through a link off the original affiliates site, thus giving the original his extra % per sale throught the downline affiliate, the downline affiliate would have to sign up as a normal affiliate on your site allowing access to the banners.

ie

original affiliate 5% + downline affiliate sale %

downline affiliate 5%

Yes, but how does the downline affiliate activity get captured in our database? I would think that different html code for the banners would have to be generated and that the banners would have to be accessible from the "referring" affiliates' websites.