• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Tab ver1.3 + STS templating

spieh

My goal is to have basically a 1-row, multiple-column table where I can list each category in its own <TD> tag so i can space them out horizontally across the top of my page instead of all in a small infobox on one of the side columns.

Checking the contribution section I found a contribution called Category Tabs ver 1.3 which when I installed it, intially it did nothing. Upon further inspection I discovered that the STS template system was taking precidence over the page. Any changes I made to header.php were not displaying on the page at all because they were not in the Sts_template.html. I edited the sts_display_output.php to disable the STS template so it would load the non-templated data & voila the Category Tabs were there now.

So my question would be, how can I get the two Contributions to work in conjunction with eachother?

-Dave

I have cat tabs working with STS. No time now, but I'll post the solution later in case you want to try.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Benjamin Franklin, 1759. տլ

OK after doing some thinking I believe I have solved the issue:

Category Tabs 1.3 adds category_tabs.php to your /includes folder. Well since STS captures the output of php & stores the output into a variable name you have to add a couple lines to any new file you wish to capture the output from.

In order to capture the Category Tabs you add

"

// STS: ADD

// Capture text between category_tabs.php and header.php

require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

// STS: EOADD

"

inside of your category_tabs.php file. Adding these lines of code will actually populate the "$headcontent" variable with your tabs info.

Now to just modify the CSS to my liking :)

Hmmm... You did it differently than I did. I added a new "block" to sts_user_code.php:

$sts_block_name = 'cat_tabs';
require(STS_START_CAPTURE);
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories_tab.php');
require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
$template['cat_tabs'] = strip_unwanted_tags($sts_block['cat_tabs'], 'cat_tabs');

then called it in sts_template.html:

<!-- Begin Category Tabs Mod -->
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="TabsSides">
?<tr class="TabsNavigation"> 
? ?<td align="center" valign="bottom" nowrap class="TabsSides">$cat_tabs</td>
?</tr>
</table>
<!-- End Category Tabs Mod -->

I didn't have to change any of the other files to get it to work (except for adding some style changes to make it look like I wanted).

Edited by Mary B.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Benjamin Franklin, 1759. տլ

• 7 months later...
I had trouble with those 2 contributions (STS and Category Tabs with Subs) running together back when I started out in osCommerce.

Rather than trying to find the solution (which there probably was one) I decided to go with BTS and Category Tabs with Subs.

How did you get the category Tabs with Subs contrib. working with BTS? I think I'm looking into this too hard as I can't seem to figure out where to add the header code??

Hope you can help

Edited by Nefermet

• 10 months later...