• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configure.php

I am having trouble with both configure.php files. When I went through the installation, it didn't write the configure.php files, which may be because I didn't have the permissions set correctly. However, I was able to get it to work as far as the database and most of the paths go.

I am having one problem though. When I try and create a new category or item, it won't let me upload pictures. I'm thinking that this is because of some entry in the configure.php file, but I'm not sure.

This is what I have now.

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.topratehosting.com/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '~bud/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '~bud/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Can you tell me what I will need to change to make this configure.php work correctly? As you can see, the correct path is already filled in on some but not all. Thank you in advance for your help.

I don't think you want to put your images in the /icons directory, more likely in the /images directory. Whatever directory you want to put them in, make sure that you set the permissions loose enough that you can upload files.

Make sure you edit both configure.php files - there's one in the catalog and one in the admin.

You'll also want to change your cookie settings - leaving them blank will likely cause you issues. Your cookie domain is probably just www.topratehosting.com.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Archived