• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OnTheFly GDThumbs w/easypopulate

mhassell

I've been trying to update the pricing in my database using EasyPopulate v2.74-MS2 and it appears that EasyPopulate is doing it's job as the records are updated in the database, however the items that I updated were removed from the product listings. (not showing up anymore).

When I look around using phpMyAdmin, I can see the records were updated as EasyPopulate has reported, but the customer wouldn't know as the item is no longer available.

I came across a thread that discusses how OnTheFly GDThumbs contrib doesn't work with easy populate. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I figured indeed that was what I was running into, so I went to remove OnTheFly GDThumbs from my install. I did so by replacing /catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php with the original one that contains the default tep_image function.

I then updated the pricing again via EasyPopulate and everything appeared to go well, but when I went to look at the actual site, the items were still not showing up.

Can someone please provide me with some additional information on how I can get EasyPopulate to function properly in conjunction with OnTheFly GDThumbs. I am unclear on how these two contribs are stepping on each other or why my items have disappeared from my catalog, but not my backend database :-)

Any ideas? Thanks!

-Mike

This may be a shot in the dark, but are you sure that the products in your database are still marked as 'Active'. EP by default will mark products as 'Inactive' if the quantity is set to '0' in your EP data file. They will appear in your backend database but not in the frontend catalog listing.

-

Matt

Matt,

You hit it right on the head. Turns out that all the products that I added weren't "active", as the quantity was set to 0 for these test products. I used the admin tool to change them to active and now they are showing up just fine. Looks like EP is doing it's job just fine. Thanks for the tip, sometimes the simple things are easily overlooked! :-)

Have a good one.

-Mike