• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Froogle I'm always last on the list, arrgghh

cgchris99

I have been using easy populate for quite some time now.

I have been watching my froogle listings. Even if I am cheapest, I am always last on the default list. If you search google for this exact same item, I am number 1.

Are we missing something? Why is everyone else ahead of us?

I even checked out one of the products and the number 1 position has the exact same text for the description that I do. Yet they are #1 and I am #19. Even the category is the same.

What a pain i the butt.

Any advice?

Huh? Why would it matter if you have two main competitors using osCommerce also? If you don't post a link to your website it will be difficult to get anyone to offer helpful insight. I see the help gained by fellow forum members as much more valuable than the potential risk that your competitors will gain some sort of secret knowledge about you and use it to gain a competitive advantage.

Froogle is much like Google, there are many variables in determining how high you list (keywords, page ranking, etc.). I have many items at the top of the first page, and some which are buried pages beneath. If you are selling computers, then it is very unlikely that you'll rank near the top. In that case you would need to use Google Adwords to get to the top. If you are selling purple canaries, then you have a good chance at being at the top.

Here you go. my store deals with Archery Equipment

The item in question under froogle is this phrase

Carter Solution 3

Notice in the froogle listing, items #1, #3 & #19(mine) have the same description. I added the word Carter a couple more times to my description to see if it would get a boost and it didn't.

Any ideas?

You have a good Google ranking on your main page (5 out of 10). One thing you can do is to move your description further up on the page. When you view source, you'll see that the descrption is half way down the page. Lots of stuff above it, this gives the keywords less significiance. osCommerce puts the left menu bar above the description, you need to add a row to the top of the table, then for the first row and first column have a zero height cell, then the second column in the first row would have your description, and the third column in the same row would be zero height. Then the second row would have your left and right menus. This will help a lot towards increasing the significance of the keywords in your description. You can look at my pages and see how I was able to move the description above the left menu.

You may also want to write the description differently. It works well for presenting the technical specifications of the product, but it really doesn't excite people to make a purchase and to make the purchase from you. A good forum site to read about copywriting is Cre8asite Forum. Read the discussons on copywriting.

Another thing you may want to do is increase your copy by adding more information to the bottom of your page and have a "more info" link bring the user down to that description. That way the customer can read more information if they choose, if they don't want to then your webpage still has your add to cart buttons and 'customers who..." window in the same place they are now. You can see an example of this on my site at Example of addtional information text. BTW, I had a professional copywriter write the description for this page (top paragraph and first two at the bottom). I figured I would hire a professional for a few sections and then mimic their examples for other products.

You might also want to draw attention to the guarantee you have on that page, maybe bold it or something. It's a good guarantee; however, if I was to buy one and saw it elsewhere for a cheaper price I doubt I would tell you about it to buy it for the same price from you. Unless there was another reason to purchase from you, an advantage you have over the other person. Maybe I trust you more, or you offer better service, or you have other products I want to purchase at the same time and save on shipping. You should differentiate yourself from your competition. Price is one factor, but there is much more which influences people in their decision to make a purchase. Review your website from a customers point of view, their main thought will be "Whats in it for me?".

There is only so much you can do to attempt to get a high ranking, then the rest is up to luck. Keep trying to optimise your site for better rankings, but also focus on converting the traffic you receive into sales. If you want to generate quick traffic, try Google AdWords. BTW, you should have your logo link back to your home page. It's difficult to get back to your main page, most people expect to be able to click on your log and get back to the main page.

You have a good site, much better than some others I have seen.

Thanks for posting how to do this Stuart. It took me quite a bit of trial and error to get my index page changed. I never did change my product_info file, so I'll use your instructions to do that also. I highly recommend doing the index.php also since I have found that my category pages are much more relevant to Google searches. The product_info.php is more relevant to Froogle since it is these pages being listed.

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. Correction added now in that thread

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Ok, I made the change as described to prod_info.php. This moves the product information closer to the top of the file.

However, it has made ZERO difference in my froogle listings. I only made this change a couple days ago so I will be patient. Maybe it takes a while.

Not sure how if it has changed the google listings. I have always done pretty well in google.

Chris - It will take a month or two to fully realize the impact of this change. You'll just have to wait to see if it raises you in Froogle. Meanwhile I would do the same for your index page. This will help get your category pages higher in the rankings.

Meanwhile you can continue to read through the forums and get ideas on how else to improve your website. Little things like adding your address, phone, and other contact information to the contact us page will help towards establishing trust from your customers. You have to remember that even if you start to generate the traffic you want to have the highest probability of converting them to a sale. Check out the other forum I listed earlier, post your website in their hospital. They'll give you good advice from a marketing viewpoint. You have good looking site, looks like you have put a lot of thought and time into it. But the process is never ending - I'm constantly reading to learn more, then spending the time to make the changes (never seems to be enough time though). Good Luck!

I'm trying to make the changes to my index.php file. I think I have them working but I don't know how to test the section that starts off with

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

I thought this was to do with categories within categories so I tried adding a sub-category but this section of code doesn't seem to ever get called. Does anyone know when this section is called?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When changing the index.php page, the first section should be the categories and sub-categories, the second section should be the product listing page and the third section should be the index page. You could try changing the rowspan="2" to rowspan="1" in each of these one-by-one and then look to see if there's any change (remember to refresh the page and/or clear your browser cache). Changing to rowspan="1" should cause your left and right columns to not appear until the center column is completely rendered in your browser and it should be very obvious if it's working or not.

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Stuart - I don't have my categories set up to display that way so I've never used that section of code. I just added a test category and it is working fine. Thanks for the help and thanks even more for the doing this. :)

Calvin - I went ahead and made the changes to a stock index.php file and here it is. I haven't tested it but it should work. If it doesn't, let me know and I will create a shop to test it.

<?php
/*
?$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

?osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
?http://www.oscommerce.com

?Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

?require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
?$category_depth = 'top';
?if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
? ?$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
? ?$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
? ?if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
? ? ?$category_depth = 'products'; // display products
? ?} else {
? ? ?$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
? ? ?$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
? ? ?if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
? ? ? ?$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ?$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
? ? ?}
? ?}
?}

?require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
? <td height="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"></td>
<!-- body_text //-->

<?php
?if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
? ?$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
? ?$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
? ?<td ?rowspan="2" width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
<?php
? ?if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
? ? ?$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
? ? ?for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
? ? ? ?$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
? ? ? ?if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
? ? ? ? ?// do nothing, go through the loop
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
? ? ? ? ?break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
? ? ? ?}
? ? ?}
? ?} else {
? ? ?$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
? ?}

? ?$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

? ?$rows = 0;
? ?while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
? ? ?$rows++;
? ? ?$cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
? ? ?$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
? ? ?if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
? ? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>' . "\n";
? ? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>' . "\n";
? ? ?}
? ?}

// needed for the new products module shown below
? ?$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ?</table></td>
<?php
?} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
? ?$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

? ?asort($define_list);

? ?$column_list = array();
? ?reset($define_list);
? ?while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
? ? ?if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
? ?}

? ?$select_column_list = '';

? ?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ?switch ($column_list[$i]) {
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
? ? ? ? ?$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ?}
? ?}

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
? ? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
? ? ? ?$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
? ? ?} else {
// We show them all
? ? ? ?$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
? ? ?}
? ?} else {
// show the products in a given categorie
? ? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
? ? ? ?$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
? ? ?} else {
// We show them all
? ? ? ?$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
? ? ?}
? ?}

? ?if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
? ? ?for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
? ? ? ?if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
? ? ? ? ?$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?}
? ? ?}
? ?} else {
? ? ?$sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
? ? ?$sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
? ? ?$listing_sql .= ' order by ';
? ? ?switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ? ?case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
? ? ? ? ?$listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
? ? ? ? ?break;
? ? ?}
? ?}
?>
? ?<td ?rowspan="2" width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
? ?if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
? ? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
? ? ? ?$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ?$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
? ? ?}
? ? ?$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
? ? ?if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
? ? ? ?echo ' ? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
? ? ? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
? ? ? ? ?echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
? ? ? ? ?$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
? ? ? ? ?$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ?echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
? ? ? ?while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
? ? ? ? ?$options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ?echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
? ? ? ?echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
? ? ?}
? ?}

// Get the right image for the top-right
? ?$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
? ? ?$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
? ? ?$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
? ? ?$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
? ?} elseif ($current_category_id) {
? ? ?$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
? ? ?$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
? ? ?$image = $image['categories_image'];
? ?}
?>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ?</table></td>
<?php
?} else { // default page
?>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
<?php
? ?include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ?</table></td>
<?php
?}
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td height="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
? <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
? </table></td>
? <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
? </table></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - I just did a quick search on google for this problem and found this thread. It has some interesting points. You might also want to follow some of the other threads a search returns.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived