• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpbb: Error creating new session

x-plosiv

hi...i hope you understand me...my english is not so good. :-(

i have installed the phpbb constrib 2.0.8a

and by 90% of the useres is working without any problems.

may 10% have problems:

here's the error code...i hope you can help me...thanx

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry 'd32fbb0af2120d791fd35229612bc586' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('d32fbb0af2120d791fd35229612bc586', 2, 1091000488, 1091000488, 'c186fe73', 5, 1)

Line : 80

File : /home/XXXXX/public_html/includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/sessions.php

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the same problem, and I've been checking on the forum, it seems to be a configuration.php problem... but on my case none of the solutions found have solved the problem at 100%

Try this:

1) Check that all keys on the Sessions menu in admin are set to FALSE (I had the spiders one set to TRUE, changed it to FALSE and the problem now appears less on my site)

2) Change sessions stored from SQL to FILES (or viceversa) - in my case, a new arror appeared, so, didn't work for me...

3) Check your configuration.php file and don't leave empty any field, check that the COOKIE ones have correct paths - mine is correct... I think.

Anyone else can share some knowledge?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this can help you but here is what I found:

the reason that this error happens is becuase of this "if" statement (in catalog/includes/modules/phpbb2/includes/sessions.php) right here:

if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) || !$db->sql_affectedrows() )

for some reason the update query works fine if you are logged on but "!$db->sql_affectedrows()" doesn't think that you updated anything.

so what i did to fix this is:

changed the original code: (approx line 73 to line 82) of

{
 $sql = "INSERT INTO " . SESSIONS_TABLE . "
	 (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in)
	 VALUES ('$session_id', $user_id, $current_time, $current_time, '$user_ip', $thispage_id, $login)";
 if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) )
 {
	 message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, 'Error creating new session', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
 }
}

to this new code:

{

(session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in)
	 VALUES ('$session_id', $user_id, $current_time, $current_time, '$user_ip', $thispage_id, $login)";
 {
 // delete session that is the same
	 $sql = "DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_id = \"$session_id\"";
	 $db->sql_query($sql);

{
   message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, 'Error creating new session', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
	 }
 }
}

what this does is check to see if there is a session that exists in the phpbb_sessions table. if so then it deletes it from this table. Then it tries to do the insert again. If you get another insert problem you get the critical error. If not then we are fine.

Though there is a 1 in 6.3340286662973277706162286946812e+49 chance that the session id may be recreated again while someone is logged in at that same time I assume it will boot the other person off becuase it deletes their session (but since I am a gambler I am willing to take that chance). In the off chance that this does happen I am assuming since the session table contains the session_user_id number this should reduce any risk of anything else funny happening. Finally if someone does encounter something weird while they are using the bbs (that is they are getting kicked off becuase of their session id) and they actually do contact the webmaster. just tell them to clear their cookies and a new session id will be created when they log in.

I have worked with oscommerce for a while now but have not worked with phpbb. So if there are any flaws with my programming or any comments, please feel free to post a reply so I can fix my code. Anyway I hope this helps all those who use this contribution.