• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Testing PayPal / Sandbox

adamn

I'm trying to test taking payments with PayPal using the PayPal Sandbox. I've setup a test seller and a test buyer in the PayPal Sandbox and put the test seller's email address in the PayPal module's email address.

In the checkout process, when I reach the PayPal Payment Details screen and attempt to login with the test user's email and password I get the following error:

The email address or password you have entered does not match our records. Please try again.

I'm guessing osc is not correctly accessing the PayPal Sandbox accounts. How do I accomplish this? Surely it's possible to test PayPal transactions without having to use a live transaction.

• 3 years later...

I ran into that problem the first time I set up my test buyer and seller accounts last week.

What was happening was that paypal had automatically entered my test seller login name in the login field and I was supplying my test buyer password. Sometimes paypal will also automatically enter my sandbox account login name in the test account login field instead of my test buyer login name.

Double-check that both the test account login and password information are correctly entered in the login field.

Once I figured out my mistake I had no trouble logging in and using the test accounts.

Hope you are able to work out your problems.

• 4 weeks later...

i keep getting this message:

Your sign in information is not valid. Please try again.

I don't know that I am doing this right. I have a personal test account set up and verified. How is it that I go about using it? Should I make a new account on my site with that info, or can I use my regular account and just use that at the sign in page on PayPal. I'm not exactly familiar with it, and can't find the info I am looking for about it.

thanks!

I think paypal sandbox is having some issues. My sandbox personal test accounts said the same thing. So I deleted them and try to create new ones and got errors. I don't know what is up with paypal right now. Sure would be nice for them to fix it because it has been like this for 2 weeks and I need to do some pay-pal testing.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

ahh, alright. well it's good to know that it doesn't sound like im doing something wrong then. Nowhere does it really describe how to go about making the test orders, so i thought i was doing something wrong.

well i guess until then, its one penny test orders for me!! lol

I think paypal sandbox is having some issues. My sandbox personal test accounts said the same thing. So I deleted them and try to create new ones and got errors. I don't know what is up with paypal right now. Sure would be nice for them to fix it because it has been like this for 2 weeks and I need to do some pay-pal testing.

I haven't been able to get the PayPal Sandbox to work! I have put various comments in various forums as well as emailing PayPal, but I haven't been able get any answers from anyone!

I can get the price to be transferred but nothing else. Then I get comments such as "This invoice has already been paid." No emails ever get sent in the Sandbox.

I am on the point of giving up! I'm so frustrated! Paypal blame osCommerce/Modules and the forum experts blame PayPal.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

Was anybody able to get this to work? I tired today and kept getting the login error mentioned above.

thanks

I am seeing the information in the Test accounts ( both sender and reciever) but I am not able to get to the final "Confirmation Screen" in OSC. I am just bounced back to the catalog and logged out. From checking the admin or loggin back into the catalog account it is as if the transaction never happened.

Now i solved this issue for what i get..

i just removed the IPN path specified in the Sandbox testing login user profile..

and now there is no error for getting in to the testing.. testing works fine.

Now i realised.. its not an easy step to make all configuration of paypal for sandbox testing.. the cause of difficulty is because after testing the payment should be in our account.. that may be the cause for this secured settings..

Edited by harikatt

I turned off Paypal and turned on Paypal IPN and it works - somwhat! The next order processed wasn't charged shipping - product was individually done, sales tax was correct, order was created in OSC, but there was $0 shipping. What's nice is in the customer order notes, it shows the pending and tells me that Paypal charged a different amount than what the invoice total was. Flag raised to check before sending the order out! I've read this is a problem with the module and I believe this is the fix (if I read right):

Transaction Type

Send individual items to PayPal or aggregate all as one total item?

- Per Item

- Aggregate

You have two choices. Per item apparently leaves shipping costs off, but Aggregate supposedly doesn't. So I've switched to Aggregate and we'll see what happens.... Most of my sales are CC, but I do get the occasional Paypal payment...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I managed to get the sandbox work with the standard PayPal.

But I'm having problems with "PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments" and "PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout".

Has anyone managed to get these to work?

This is the error I get "Error: A general problem has occurred with the transaction. Please try again."

Many thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I managed to get the sandbox work with the standard PayPal.

But I'm having problems with "PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments" and "PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout".

Has anyone managed to get these to work?

This is the error I get "Error: A general problem has occurred with the transaction. Please try again."

Many thanks.

HI, did you managed to solve your problem?

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys, I'm also having problems to work out on how to use Sandbox....if someone could take a look at my website

and help me out on how to test the payment system that would be great

Please PMB me if you can help

Cheers, cyberman56