• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Needed!

I posted a message yesterday, but for some reason it is gone today?!?!

I need help with a custom shipping module. I had been in contact with Harald, the OSCommerce webmaster, but am having trouble reaching him again.

I need to discuss with either him, or whomever can assist with getting this custom programming done so our business can get up and running on the internet.

I tried international dialing to Germany from the US, but had difficulty. PLEASE, whomever deleted my first message, do not delete this message!

We are willing to pay for this work to be done.

Thank you in advance to all whom may respond and assist us with this matter!

I need a shipping module that basically includes three to four modules into one, one that can figure a shipping price, based on distance from our store, for our local area, then it needs to figure a price, based on two factors, for items shipped beyound our local area, then for certain items, it needs to figure a UPS price.

We are a furniture store, and we do our own delivery, locally, and hire a contractor for outside our normal area, and some things we ship UPS.

We need to be able to set in the item whether they are UPS or delivery, first of all, then when it is for delivery, it needs to look at where the customer is to see if we are delivering it, or if the contractor is delivering it.

For us, it is a set price, for certain towns.

For the contractor, it is one price, per pound to get it to the local dock, then one set price, per pound again to get it to the customers home, and another set price if they want it unpacked, placed and debris removal instead of just a door drop.

Thanks again in advance for any assistance!!!

Well, tough one.

I would say that you install different shipping modules and then limit them with zones.

For instance, you can define zones for UPS shipping. So that would then only pick up the zones you want UPS to deliver (make sure you have an account with them)

Then you can make a table zone that would pick up the towns that you do the delivery yourself.

And finally the contractor delivery is a bit trickier, especially since you want to offer three types of delivery.

First of all : what are the delivery zones ? (US, Canada, Australia ?) and after that it might be possible to think about different modules that fulfill your need. I had a similar issue because I use Canada Post, Fedex and a local contractor that only delivers in North America and changes rates with zones. Had to customize a table zone module.

Hope it gives you the general guidelines. Maybe Harald has a personalized module ?

WW

www.callibo.com

Well, delivery via UPS would be to anywhere, just certain items would be via UPS only. I need a way to designate that when adding items to our store.

Then, the other items, I similaraly, need to be able to mark them as delivery only when adding them to our store.

Then, when doing delivery, I need to make the delivery module look where they are and figure out whethere we are going to deliver it, or if the contractor is going to do it.

If we do it, it is very simple pricing, but if the contractor does it, it is a little bit more complicated to figure out the cost.

According to Harald, it needs a custome module to be written, and he said it would be about 3 hours at about 65 EUR per hour.

Do you know how to get in touch with him? I think that for some reason, he is not getting my e-mail messages, and we are having great trouble attempting to call Germany from the US to reach him via telephone.

As always, thank you greatly for all of your assistance!

After reading your reply another time, after sending my reply, sounds like you had same situation, sort of , as we do.

Just for information, I am very new to OSCommerce, and to PHP.

I had a friend change the cart to look like my web site, and then I am slowly teaching myself PHP from looking at what he did.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated and will be compensated accordingly to whomever can help in this area.

Ryan

Yes I had to customize some of the modules to get them working for me. After I posted numerous questions on the forum, we ended up helping ourselves...

I can ask my associate if he knows a solution to the problem. Will mail him the thread.

Not sure why you can't reach Harald. Are you sure you are using the correct country and area codes ? I lived in Germany a while, maybe I can help out with that.

Anyways, will get back to you on the issue if I find anything.

WW

www.callibo.com

Thank you very much!

I used the international operator, they said it was a good number, and they verified I was dialing it right, but that was all the assistance they would provide me.

I kept getting that it was not a good number, and once, I got a fast busy signal.

Possibly they have the wrong number listed on the web site.

I did have email communication once with Harald, but I have been unable to get a response out of him since the initial message I sent him.

I am sure he is pretty busy, I am just not sure that my messages are getting to him since then.

Yes, please let me know if you find out anything from the person who assisted you!

As always,

Thank you very much!

Ryan

Ryan,

My associate says we would be able to help you out, but do not have the time at this stage.

I guess you need it urgently as you want to go online with the store.

Problem is, it really needs to be customized and more or less started from scratch. There needs to be thought put into it.

If you cannot get a hold on Harald, I will try to get you at least a temporary solution

Best

WW

www.callibo.com

Well, thank you for all your assistence so far.

Please remember me and my need, and if you find time, or find anyone else who may be able to assist me, please send them my way.

Additionally, if there is anyone else out there who thinks they might be able to assist me, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am new to OSCommerce, and new to PHP, and am very satisfied with what I have seen so far with OSCommerce.

I am just not sure how to implement the shipping modules we need, or if we need a new one developed for us.

If anyone knows how to reach Harald form OSCommerce, that would be even better. Somehow, we lost our e-mail communication link and he had proposed developing a custom module for us, but I am not getting any responses from him anymore.

Thanks to everyone who has, and has yet to respond to assist me!

• 7 months later...
did this custom shipping every get made? this is what i need also..

-Toby

No, it never was done. I had conversed with Herald via email, and he shot me a price, and then after that, he totally and completely ceased any and all communication with me.

Very confusing!

• 2 years later...

I need to know if I can set a certain price per pound (Weight) for a specific category say I am selling meat and the price is $ /lb . Customer wants to buy 5 lb so the result is $10. How would I do this? Any help is appreciated.

TIA

No, it never was done. I had conversed with Herald via email, and he shot me a price, and then after that, he totally and completely ceased any and all communication with me.

Very confusing!