• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Modules & Merchant Accounts

talon177

Hi guys & gals,

I've recently dealt with customer orders through PayPal and I'm wondering what's everyone's solutions on customers orders.

For instance I use paypal and they take $0.30 + 2.9% per order, but the problem I'm having is how do you do only a partial refund, without the customer getting charged $0.30 + 2.9% if you send them money back. Also how can you do cc orders over the phone, because theres no where on paypal to do manual orders, the only way i know is by requesting money, but this takes time and buyers can't just pay right over the phone, you have to make sure they check their emails and pay.

Now I was thinking of getting authorize.net merchant account, but they don't list their prices on their website, you have to call them. Is that because each person gets charged different prices? Also is it possible to do manual orders through their website or get a external cc processor.

I'm looking for the most efficient and cost saving way to get a small business running. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

This is exaclty what I'm wondering.

Does anyone know of any good merchant account resellers for authorize.net or any payment gateway compatible with OSC., in the US.

Any direction to a previous post or forum is greatly appreciated.

Right now im just using Paypal and propay.

thanx,

GGGGGG

go OSC

I use QuickBooks merchant account and am very satisified with it. The cost is minimal, no gateway needed either. You can't import cc information from osCommerce to QuickBooks, so you would need to manually copy and paste the information from osCommerce to QuickBooks. This also handles phone in orders nicely. You simply enter the transaction into QuickBooks, click on the icon to receive payment, and the cc is processed online and from within QuickBooks. I had a different merchant account prior to this and was very displeased with all the hidden charges and surprises associated with it.

• 4 years later...
This is exaclty what I'm wondering.

Does anyone know of any good merchant account resellers for authorize.net or any payment gateway compatible with OSC., in the US.

Any direction to a previous post or forum is greatly appreciated.

Right now im just using Paypal and propay.

thanx,

GGGGGG

go OSC

Propay is awesome been using them for years. The only downfall is that they charge $400 / $200 a year to access their api to make it automated.

This is now fixed. We released a contribution today for Propay that automates the credit card processing without having to pay them fees.

The link is: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6539