• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great contrib, but i am in no need of it, and was wondering how to remove the sql entry for this contrib?

see earlier post

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=715527

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I can see from this thread that a lot of people really like this contribution. I haven't installed it yet, but I was wondering if a those who are using it wouldn't mind sharing a link to your site. I'd love to see it in action.

Thanks,

Barb

Hi,

Just the same problem as TROYSKi!

"Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'" on the main page.

problem with left join

It seems the query must be rewrotten for mysql 5.0.15 and superiors.

PL DTM

-----------------------------------------

Sur un malentendu, ... ?a pourrait marcher

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

This is my first attempt at installing a contribution and I have run into some problems that no one else has mentioned.

First, on the Admin side I do not see a way to designate a product or folder as Featured. All I see are configuration variables.

I have tried reinstalling everything but no luck.

Also, on my front page there are just two broken images now. One leads to "...index.php?cpath=" and the other leads to "...index.php?manufactuers_id="

please see:

graysourcing.com/shop

and

graysourcing.com/shop/admin

David

Edited by 241

Hi everybody,

This is my first attempt at installing a contribution and I have run into some problems that no one else has mentioned.

You already have featured products contribution installed, your database is a mess of multiple entries and your admin is not protected.

You would set products or categories featured in the catalog section of the admin for categories/products or manufacturer.

Both issues have been covered before.

what you have on the catalog side is due to sections being set active when there are no categories or manufacturers set as featured.

There are changes outlined before regarding trying to run featured products contribution and wolfen featured sets together.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

I have installed version 1.04.

Any ideas on how to fix these? I am totally new to PHP

Here are the errors I am getting after install:

In the "index.php" of my site I get this error when going to my site

1054 - Unknown column 'products_featured' in 'where clause'

SELECT products_id from products where products_featured = '1' and now() >= products_featured_until and products_featured_until > 0

[TEP STOP]

In Administration under "Categories" I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_featured' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_featured, c.categories_featured_until from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

In Administration under "Manufacturers" I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'manufacturers_featured' in 'field list'

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified, manufacturers_featured, manufacturers_featured_until, manufacturer_featured, manufacturer_featured_until from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit 0, 200

[TEP STOP]

Thanks very much for your help

I have installed version 1.04.

Any ideas on how to fix these? I am totally new to PHP

Looks like you have not run the sql file

Is there a way to have the products be displayed randomly?

Yes has been answered before if you look at page 14

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=717720

How do you run the sql File?

If you have phpMyAdmin use it select the database from the left hand window then in the right hand window select the sql tab, browse to the sql file located on your local machine or add the contents of the file using copy and paste to the querry window then click go that is the job done

Thanks for the reply,

I thought I ran the sql file with phpMyAdmin but maybe it didn't take. I'll try again later. I am still quite new to php and sql.

Best regards

If you have phpMyAdmin use it select the database from the left hand window then in the right hand window select the sql tab, browse to the sql file located on your local machine or add the contents of the file using copy and paste to the querry window then click go that is the job done

Hey Steve,

Just wanted to thank you for the contrib.

Is there an actual featured page that folks can navigate to? You know like the "what's new" page...

;-j

No you just add the require code lines where you want them, which if you wanted could be on a new page.

The contribution does not require a new page in order to function.

Adding a new page to navigate to and placing the requires would take about 2 minutes maybe 3

I finished installing this contrib. But I have some pics missing or something. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be. Thanks

https://host445.ipowerweb.com/~thecageb/Storefront/catalog/

That's just because you have to turn off some settings on the admin page for the featured sets. You want to turn off "display manufactures" and "display catagories" I think. Then those broken images will go away.

I successfully installed wolfen feaured sets and love it!

This install was merged successfully with Seperate Price Per Customers - without a lot of problems.

Now I am trying to install the "Hide Products for CG_SPPC" and getting an unexpected T_ELSEIF parse error. (it points to a line around 840 each try)

I am fairly certain I see WHERE the source of the problem is... but have no idea how to merge these two contributions to work correctly together.

I am pasting ONLY the merges in question... someone please tell me what I have done wrong, or how I can work around this. Notice the fact that wolfen crosses right over the "hide from groups mod"

// BOF Wolfen featured sets
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
<!-- BOF SPPC hide from groups mod -->
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2" class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_HIDE_PRODUCTS_FROM_GROUP; ?></td>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_SHORT; ?></td>
		<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?>?</td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_short[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '4', (isset($products_short[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_short[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_short($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php   
  $hide_customers_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id, customers_group_name from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS . " order by customers_group_id");
  $hide_from_groups_array = explode(',',$pInfo->products_hide_from_groups);
  $hide_from_groups_array = array_slice($hide_from_groups_array, 1); // remove "@" from the array
  while ($hide_customers_group = tep_db_fetch_array($hide_customers_group_query)) {
?>
  <tr bgcolor="#ebebff">
   <td class="main" colspan="2"><?php 
  if (isset($pInfo->hide)) {
   echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('hide[' . $hide_customers_group['customers_group_id'] . ']',  $hide_customers_group['customers_group_id'] , (isset($pInfo->hide[ $hide_customers_group['customers_group_id']])) ? 1: 0);
  } else {
  echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('hide[' . $hide_customers_group['customers_group_id'] . ']',  $hide_customers_group['customers_group_id'] , (in_array($hide_customers_group['customers_group_id'], $hide_from_groups_array)) ? 1: 0);
  } ?>??<?php echo $hide_customers_group['customers_group_name']; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
} // end while ($hide_customers_group = tep_db_fetch_array($hide_customers_group_query))
	// EOF Wolfen featured sets
?>

I would greatly appreciate any insight on this delima, I really hope someone can show me the light.

Thanks,

Landon

I successfully installed wolfen feaured sets and love it!

This install was merged successfully with Seperate Price Per Customers - without a lot of problems.

This is not really a Wolfen Featured Sets issue per say but due to the additional contributions.

It would be easy to pass off anything done to your cart once Wolfen Featured Sets is installed as being the fault of Wolfen Featured sets.

Therefore it would be better to post in the general support channel of the forums as this would offer a wider viewing

The error states a ELSEIF error however the code that you have posted has no elseif

Steve, this is a great contribution. What I'm wondering is how easy it would be to modify this to work with Newsdesk (one of your adopted babies, I see) so we could have "featured news" on the front page of my site? I want the features of Newsdesk with the layout of Featured Sets, to be able to pull up news items and articles on the front page to keep it all fresh.

Is this do-able?

Steve, this is a great contribution. What I'm wondering is how easy it would be to modify this to work with Newsdesk (one of your adopted babies, I see) so we could have "featured news" on the front page of my site? I want the features of Newsdesk with the layout of Featured Sets, to be able to pull up news items and articles on the front page to keep it all fresh.

Is this do-able?

yes it could be do-able although I don't think there would be much call for it.

Newsdesk already allows things to be pulled up on the front page.

yes it could be do-able although I don't think there would be much call for it.

Newsdesk already allows things to be pulled up on the front page.

Yeah, but I want to be able to display the news as a 4 x 4 table, rather than just listed vertically as it is. I also want to muck around with the layout.

Sorry - this is becoming more of a Newsdesk topic than a Featured Sets one :-" , I just thought that FS would be an easier way of doing it...