• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Hello,

thanks for this contribution ... :P

I`m trying to use it, but I face some troubles ... I`m also using STS Template and those 2 contributions seems not to work together ... or am I doing something wrong ? :blush: Can someone tell me ... Tnahk you :rolleyes:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are trying to show multiple categories.

The categories feature is to show a featured category with products. Try haveing one featured category.

Which features do you have active.

I have followed the directions and am at the last step to run the sql query. How do I do that. I am somewhat new to the dynamic website biz.

I really like this contribution, but would like to accomplish one thing. Is it possible to get the feature boxes to be all of the same size? My boxes are now all of different sizes, which make my opening page "messy".

Maybe I missed a parameter or is there another way to make sure the boxes are all of the same size.

I hope somebody can help me!

• 2 weeks later...

I gotten these errors on my index.php. I think it has something to do with the Header Tags contribution since I deleted product_info.php from the Header Tags page control. So I reinstated that but it is not working so I know I have to reinstall that HTC contribution. More headaches for me but anyways. Here are the errors it displayed on index.php.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 347

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 347

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 344

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 344

Now I don't recall messing with the index.php in the catalog. I think I have to analyze the index.php cuz it seem to the errors coming from index.php and nowhere else. I could be wrong. I checked filenames.php and noticed it was missing some definitions for Wolfen Featured sets so I fixed that. What's now?

BTW, I am using STS. And yes, I did searched google.com for some solutions but no avail.

Turned out that my filenames.php was overwritten so I lost some definitions that are related to the products information. Please, disregard this post. The issue is solved.

I gotten these errors on my index.php. I think it has something to do with the Header Tags contribution since I deleted product_info.php from the Header Tags page control. So I reinstated that but it is not working so I know I have to reinstall that HTC contribution. More headaches for me but anyways. Here are the errors it displayed on index.php.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 347

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 347

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 344

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bpd/public_html/xindex.php on line 344

Now I don't recall messing with the index.php in the catalog. I think I have to analyze the index.php cuz it seem to the errors coming from index.php and nowhere else. I could be wrong. I checked filenames.php and noticed it was missing some definitions for Wolfen Featured sets so I fixed that. What's now?

BTW, I am using STS. And yes, I did searched google.com for some solutions but no avail.

Hi,

I have just installed this contrib and the "Featured Sets" menu appears in my admin section.

However, do I have to activate the contrib because I now have no products appearing on my catalog page?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have just installed this contrib and the "Featured Sets" menu appears in my admin section.

However, do I have to activate the contrib because I now have no products appearing on my catalog page?

Thanks.

The products only show if the featured status is set to ON

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Im still amazed at all the work you have all done on these contribs... this one is another awsome install with very simple instructions and results are brilliant. Such a difference to the basic layout in one simple step.

Once again, thank you all. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Diaz

i have installed this mod look great however i do have one little problem when you add <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td> to the home page you get to blank boxs which appear under each other which link to index.php?manufacturers_id can some one tell me who to remove them or put some thing in them.

i have installed this mod look great however i do have one little problem when you add <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td> to the home page you get to blank boxs which appear under each other which link to index.php?manufacturers_id can some one tell me who to remove them or put some thing in them.

In the admin set the

Display featured manufacturer with products false

Display featured categories false

or set manufacturer products to featured and category products to featured to diplay the products

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

• 2 weeks later...
In the admin set the

Display featured manufacturer with products false

Display featured categories false

or set manufacturer products to featured and category products to featured to diplay the products

I have installed this mod but have the following problem. When I click on any of featured manufacturer

from the first page, in the left corner of the header on the next page I see "Resource #45" message.

Though, the rest of the page shows correctly. When I looked at the source it shows like this:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

Resource id #45<!-- BOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

.... then the rest of the page.

When I click on products on this page - the same story but Resource id # is incremented by 2.

It only happens when I start clicking from featured manufacturers - featured products have no issues.

Do you have any idea what it can be ? Thank you.

ruchkin

Hi

Just wanted to say Thankyou for a great Mod,

It was easy to install and that was with having several big Mods alreddy on the shop so I had to be very careful with adding the code on a few of the files.

So, Many thanks for not only developing but for making it available to the rest of us mortals,

Nigel,

Hello, I installed this modification for someone now they report this problem:

Products short Description:   
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_short() in /home/ur2l84it/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 654

When they try to update or add a product in the admin control panel.

Any idea if I missed something ? I need help as soon as possible as her store is Live. I really appreciate the help if anyone can help me. I have looked over every post here and hope I did not miss if there was a fix for this.

Please help. Thank You for your time.

Hello, I installed this modification for someone now they report this problem:

Products short Description:   
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_short() in /home/ur2l84it/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 654

When they try to update or add a product in the admin control panel.

Any idea if I missed something ? I need help as soon as possible as her store is Live. I really appreciate the help if anyone can help me. I have looked over every post here and hope I did not miss if there was a fix for this.

Please help. Thank You for your time.

As the error message states you are missing a function define.

tep_get_products_short

therefore you have missed a portion of the install relating to this function which would normally be placed into the admin/includes/functions/general.php

Hi Everyone

Looking for support on 2 things:

1. Resetting days left to run for items and Categories
    I had set some items to run for 14 days and other items for 5 days, now changed my mind but can not work out how to reset them all to allow me to re-select different items for featuring.

2. Link for Categorie fails
    I used a catagorie to feature and it shows up with a link at the top of the page but the link gave a weird results page take a look here: http://www.analizadiaz.co.uk/catalog/ at the bottom it shows a link for flowers that does not work.

Thanks for the support in advance :D

Diaz

Looking for support on 2 things:
  1. Resetting days left to run for items and Categories
    I had set some items to run for 14 days and other items for 5 days, now changed my mind but can not work out how to reset them all to allow me to re-select different items for featuring.

set the date to 0 or just choose a new date or run a sql query to set the dates to null

Link for Categorie fails
I used a catagorie to feature and it shows up with a link at the top of the page but the link gave a weird results page take a look here: <a href="http://www.analizadiaz.co.uk/catalog/" target="_blank">http://www.analizadiaz.co.uk/catalog/</a> at the bottom it shows a link for flowers that does not work.

This has allready been covered in the support thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=708301

Edited by 241

Hi

I am almost there with the header tag contrib, just a few little more adjustments and all will be well :thumbsup:

The second part of my last post might not have been clear enough because I can not see anything in the link you gave me that helps or relates to my problem, so let me try again :)

I have featured a categorie (valentine at the moment) which gave a flower picture as a link above the items in the categorie. But when I click on it it goes to this...

$productmodel ?0.00

$imagesmall

Click to enlarge

For more information, please use the contact page and we will be happy to reply.

This product was added to our catalog on .

Sorry for the poor example, but I am at work and can not do any picture editing :rolleyes:

It seems to go what I would describe as a "blank categorie thats missing" :blink:

TIA

Diaz

The second part of my last post might not have been clear enough because I can not see anything in the link you gave me that helps or relates to my problem, so let me try again :)

The second part is clear,however there was an error when I was trying to make the post link, although you could have found the answer just by going through the support thread.

Anyways here is the link http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=708301

Clip.gif

The icon I am talkings about is in the middle of that screen shot. I can not see any relevant information on the thread. Am I missing somthing about the featured categorie should not use an Icon?

I actually want to remove the icon on the categories anyway, so how do I do that please?!?

:huh:

TIA

Diaz

Hi All,

Has anyone got this contribution running with the 'Dangling Carrot' free gift contribution? I notice there is a lot of conflicting code, particularly in admin/categories.php.

As im not a coder personally, i've had a look and tried to implement the install around my dangling carrot install and vice versa but can't seem to figure out how to get both mods in the same files? ANy ideas guys?

Anyone else got these contibutions running together? If not, is there another mod that works similar to dangling carrot?

Regards

Donna

The icon I am talkings about is in the middle of that screen shot. I can not see any relevant information on the thread. Am I missing somthing about the featured categorie should not use an Icon?

I actually want to remove the icon on the categories anyway, so how do I do that please?!?

The thread post linked to covered the fix for this issue

the link code is wrong, I think this was covered before

it need to read FILENAME_DEFAULT not FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO and it also needs to be cPath= rather than categories_id=

which will relate to the relevant code in the file includes/modules/featured_categories.php

if ($i=1) { echo '<td colspan="' . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS . '" valign="middle" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'categories_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cid'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cimage'], $featured_categories_array[$i]['cname'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr><tr>'; }

requiring to be

if ($i=1) { echo '<td colspan="' . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS . '" valign="middle" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cid'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cimage'], $featured_categories_array[$i]['cname'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr><tr>'; }

which is the resolve to the initial issue.

The code section is also where to remove the image

Edited by 241

Hi All,

Has anyone got this contribution running with the 'Dangling Carrot' free gift contribution? I notice there is a lot of conflicting code, particularly in admin/categories.php.

As im not a coder personally, i've had a look and tried to implement the install around my dangling carrot install and vice versa but can't seem to figure out how to get both mods in the same files? ANy ideas guys?

Anyone else got these contibutions running together? If not, is there another mod that works similar to dangling carrot?

There is no conflicting code both contributions work together and it takes about 10 minutes to add the dangling carrot contribution.

You just need to locate the relevant code sections and in the case of the queries compare them for differences.

If you have the Wolfen Featured Sets installed and are adding the dangling carrot then all that is added to the query is the carrot part which in one instance is

products_carrot

and in the other instance

products_carrot

and value

, '" . (int)$product['products_carrot'] . "',

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a bit of an OS Commerce newbie and have tried to install your contribution. Everything has copied across okay and I have modified the index.php as in the instructions.

When I attempt to run the featuredsets.sql in phpmyadmin I get the following error :-

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_featured'

If I look under the categories in the database I get a categories_featured and a categories_featured_until

In the manufacturers section I get manufacturers_featured and manufacturers_featured_until showing up twice?

I don't know what the error means or why I get it? I wanted to use the contribution to just show a handful of products on the main page which is working, but I am still concerned about the above error when trying to run the sql file.

Also, is it possible for the text "Featured Products" to be displayed above the featured products in a similar way to the "New products for xxxx" was displayed?

Many, many thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
The thread post linked to covered the fix for this issue

which will relate to the relevant code in the file includes/modules/featured_categories.php

if ($i=1) { echo '<td colspan="' . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS . '" valign="middle" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'categories_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cid'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cimage'], $featured_categories_array[$i]['cname'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr><tr>'; }

requiring to be

if ($i=1) { echo '<td colspan="' . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS . '" valign="middle" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cid'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cimage'], $featured_categories_array[$i]['cname'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr><tr>'; }

which is the resolve to the initial issue.

The code section is also where to remove the image

:blink:

Hi Steve,

I've read through this contribution and i must say it looks wicked - if only i could get it to work

I've installed it on a clean oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113 installation, followed the the instructions (i think) but i am getting the dreaded 1054 error

Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m, manufacturers_info mi left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '1' and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by m.manufacturers_id DESC limit 2

I use wamp 5 on a windows xp box for developing my site, and wondered if the issues were due to my version of sql installed.

I've looked at various fixes regarding this error - none of which work

Could you point me in the right direction - either where my code is going wrong, or perhaps suggest another means of working with mysql and php - any earlier versions available?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
:blink:

I would suggest trying easyphp 1-7 for development as that is what I use without any issues.

I am not fully sure what all versions are being used in wamp 5 however I would guess that php5 and possibly mysql 5.

I run php 4.3.8 mysql 4.0.15-max debug phpmyadmin 2.6.0rc2 and apache 1.3.27 and have had no issues with developing using this platform.