• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Hey Steve,

I made the changes, but I now get this error:

--------------------------------

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_featured` tinyint( 1 ) default '0' AFTER `products_status`

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_featured'

-----------------------------------

Is this b/c I stalled after I already added products, categories, etc.?

Thank you again,

Rob

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Steve,

I made the changes, but I now get this error:

Is this b/c I stalled after I already added products, categories, etc.?

Yes, you should run the sql from the point of original fault

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

replacing this line with the ammended line

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

hi just installed this contribution but I'm getting some errors.

after the installation was done and I returned to the store, this error poped up.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fstore/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:1264) in /home/fstore/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fstore/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:1264) in /home/fstore/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I'm running on php5.0 , the version is Ms2 2.2

Is this a server thing or a code thingy?

thx in advance and sorry if I over looked the answer in these forums.

hi just installed this contribution but I'm getting some errors.

Header Whitespace

download the file catalog/includes/functions/general.php open it and place your cursor after the last ?> then press delete several times, save the file and upload it.

Do not use the file manager to edit online as this can cause the whitespace.

instead use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file to a local machine and edit then upload using the ftp program

If you require more information then Click

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Hi All :)

Ok, probably a super stupid question but I am trying to install this on a super heavily modified categories.php

When you first go to the page it looks so nice. lol But when you click on one of the dots to set it active I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_set_categories_featured() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\admin\categories.php on line 55

Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I am so confuzzles. Thanks :)

Never mind. I told you it was a stupid question. :blush: After going back over all the files I totally spaced the general.php

Got it working so far now to test everything out lol

Have a great night!

Edited by wendyjames

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi,

first of all thanks for this Great Contrib. I'd like it so much :)

I have a little question.

Why when I click "byu now" button for feature products I'm going always to the product_info.php page. I want to go in shopping_cart.php. I look in the code (modules/feature_products.php)

tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW)  .

I changed it

tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW)  .

but it doesn't happen anything.

I'm sure that i omit something but where?

Thanks in advance and best regards

My Contributions:

New Attributes Manager+Sort v1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3301/

Bulgarian Language Total Pack

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3261/

Hi,

first of all thanks for this Great Contrib. I'd like it so much :)

I have a little question.

Why when I click "byu now" button for feature products I'm going always to the  product_info.php page. I want to go in shopping_cart.php. I look in the code (modules/feature_products.php)

tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW)  .

I changed it

tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW)  .

but it doesn't happen anything.

I'm sure that i omit something but where?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Does the product have attribute options?

If product has attributes options it will go to product_info.php

If product does not have attributes options it will go to shopping_cart.php

Hi,

Does the product have attribute options?

If product has attributes options it will go to product_info.php

If product does not have attributes options it will go to shopping_cart.php

I knew that omit something shame on me :). It's LOGIC but I don't think about it :)

Thanks for the hint.

Best regards.

My Contributions:

New Attributes Manager+Sort v1.0

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3301/

Bulgarian Language Total Pack

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3261/

This is a great contribution. Maybe I been working to long on this site I just cant see what im doing wrong. I cant get the categories to display when I set it to be featured. Products it works fine. I wanted to feature a few categories that I hope will sell well this season. Can you feature products and categories at the same time?

Edited by srober

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this contrib could potentially solve alot of issue for me, however i am having a few difficulties adding the code to my already heavily modded shop, alot of the code in the Feature sets contrib overlaps with the header tag controller contrib. I do not know whether to add or replace the code here is an example from admin categories:

// BOF Wolfen featured sets
if ($action == 'new_product') {
  $parameters = array('products_name' => '',
                     'products_short' => '',
                     'products_description' => '',
                     'products_url' => '',
                     'products_id' => '',
                     'products_quantity' => '',
                     'products_model' => '',
                     'products_image' => '',
                     'products_price' => '',
                     'products_weight' => '',
                     'products_date_added' => '',
                     'products_last_modified' => '',
                     'products_date_available' => '',
                     'products_featured' => '',
                     'products_featured_until' => '',
                     'products_status' => '',
                     'products_tax_class_id' => '',
                     'manufacturers_id' => '');

$pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
    $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_featured, p.products_featured_until, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

$pInfo->objectInfo($product);
  } elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
    $pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
    $products_short = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_short'];
    $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
    $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
    $products_featured = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_featured'];
    $products_featured_until = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_featured_until'];
  }
 // EOF Wolfen featured sets

and what i have already in the same place

if ($action == 'new_product') {
   $parameters = array('products_name' => '',
                      'products_description' => '',
                      'products_url' => '',
                      'products_id' => '',
                      'products_quantity' => '',
                      'products_model' => '',
                      'products_image' => '',
                      'products_price' => '',
                      'products_weight' => '',
                      'products_date_added' => '',
                      'products_last_modified' => '',
                      'products_date_available' => '',
                      'products_status' => '',
                          'products_tax_class_id' => '',
                      'manufacturers_id' => '');

$pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);

//HTC BOC
  if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);                            
  //HTC EOC 

$pInfo->objectInfo($product);
   } elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
     $pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
     $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
     $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
     $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
   }

In these instances which there is a few do i replace the original code with the featured sets code or do i add the featured set code to the original file?

P.S thanks for the great contribs!

In these instances which there is a few do i replace the original code with the featured sets code or do i add the featured set code to the original file?

P.S thanks for the great contribs!

I don't see any issues here merge the two parts, in this case the header tags part into the featured sets part by adding this into the query

, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

Edited by 241

I don't see any issues here merge the two parts, in this case the header tags part into the featured sets part by adding this into the query
, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

Hi, AGAIN, sorry to keep hassling you, i installed the mod, however it is not there, nothing happened!! I had one issue when running the sql query something about manufaturer_id '0' =null (sorry i forgot the exact term). However when i checked the tables the featured sets options were there OK. In admin there were no featured sets options, only in the manufacturers area, when i tested it out nothing happened in the shop. Any ideas???

Hi, AGAIN, sorry to keep hassling you, i installed the mod, however it is not there, nothing happened!! I had one issue when running the sql query something about manufaturer_id '0' =null (sorry i forgot the exact term). However when i checked the tables the featured sets options were there OK. In admin there were no featured sets options, only in the manufacturers area, when i tested it out nothing happened in the shop. Any ideas???

It may be that the sql did not complete, try running this sql

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `languages_id` `languages_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL;
INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('99', 'Featured Sets', 'Configure featured sets', 16, 1);   
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display featured products', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY', 'true', 'Show featured products?', 99, 1, '2004-06-23 20:16:49', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Layout position of featured products section', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_POSITION', '2', '1= Top<br>2= Top Middle<br>3= Bottom Middle<br>4= Bottom.<br>', 99, 2, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured products maximum', 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', '2', 'How many featured products show?', 99, 3, '2004-06-22 18:16:16', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Columns in featured products layout', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_COLUMNS', '2', 'How many columns do you want to use in your layout?', 99, 4, '2004-06-28 23:23:35', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Words per short description when it''s not written', 'MAX_FEATURED_WORD_DESCRIPTION', '24', 'When you don''t enter short description, truncate description upto how many words?', 99, 5, '2004-06-06 21:41:43', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured products period', 'DAYS_UNTIL_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', '2', 'How many days do you want to add to the current date when you click on the green light.', 99, 6, '2004-06-23 18:15:33', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured products set layout', 'FEATURED_SET', '3', '1= side by side<br>2= over  under<br>3= image, price over under, description side<br>4= image, price over under', 99, 7, '2004-06-28 23:23:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured products set style', 'FEATURED_SET_STYLE', '4', '1= plain<br>2= boxed<br>3= lined<br>4= shadowboxed', 99, 8, '2004-07-12 12:20:27', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the direction of the shadow', 'FEATURED_SET_STYLE_SHADOW', 'left', 'right or left', 99, 9, '2004-07-12 12:24:42', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''left''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the sort order for the feature products.', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER', 'p.products_id', '<br><b>product id, <br>product name, <br>product price, <br>random.</b><br>', 99, 10, '2004-06-10 23:54:40', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''p.products_id'', ''pd.products_name'', ''p.products_price'', ''rand()''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the sort order for products by ascending or descending', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DIRECTION', 'DESC', 'ASC=ascending or DESC=descending', 99, 11, '2004-06-10 23:54:59', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''ASC'', ''DESC''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Products vertical line height', 'VLINE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '240', 'Sets the height of the vertical line divider', 99, 12, '2004-06-10 17:49:09', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Products vertical line colour', 'VLINE_IMAGE_COLOUR', 'blue', 'Sets the colour of the divider to:<br><br>black, white, silver, gold, red,<br>orange, green, yellow, blue or violet.', 99, 13, '2004-06-10 16:51:31', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''black'', ''white'', ''silver'', ''gold'', ''red'', ''orange'', ''yellow'', ''green'', ''blue'', ''violet''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Products horizontal line colour', 'HORIZONTAL_LINE_COLOUR', 'f8fd69', 'Sets the colour of the horizontal line.<br><br>Enter a six digit hex number.<br>', 99, 14, '2004-06-10 17:11:42', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display featured manufacturers', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS_DISPLAY', 'true', 'Show featured manufacturers?', 99, 15, '2004-06-23 20:16:58', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Layout position of featured manufacturers', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS_POSITION', '1', '1= Top<br>2= Top Middle<br>3= Bottom Middle<br>4= Bottom.<br>', 99, 16, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured manufacturers maximum', 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS', '6', 'How many featured manufacturers to show?', 99, 17, '2004-06-23 22:45:27', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Columns in featured manufacturers layout', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS_COLUMNS', '6', 'How many columns do you want to use in your layout?', 99, 18, '2004-06-23 22:45:32', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the sort order for the featured manufacturers.', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS_SORT_ORDER', 'm.manufacturers_id', '<br><b>manufacturers id, <br>manufacturers name, <br>random.</b><br>', 99, 19, '2004-06-23 12:49:16', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''m.manufacturers_id'', ''m.manufacturers_name'', ''rand()''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the manufacturers sort order by ascending or descending', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS_DIRECTION', 'DESC', 'ASC=ascending or DESC=descending', 99, 20, '2004-06-10 23:54:59', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''ASC'', ''DESC''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturers vertical line height', 'MANUFACTURERS_VLINE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '110', 'Sets the height of the vertical line divider', 99, 21, '2004-06-23 22:26:18', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturers vertical line colour', 'MANUFACTURERS_VLINE_IMAGE_COLOUR', 'red', 'Sets the colour of the divider to:<br><br>black, white, silver, gold, red,<br>orange, green, yellow, blue or violet.', 99, 22, '2004-06-11 19:59:35', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''black'', ''white'', ''silver'', ''gold'', ''red'', ''orange'', ''yellow'', ''green'', ''blue'', ''violet''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturers horizontal line colour', 'MANUFACTURERS_HORIZONTAL_LINE_COLOUR', 'AABBDD', 'Sets the colour of the horizontal line.<br><br>Enter a six digit hex number.<br>', 99, 23, '2004-06-19 16:39:39', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured manufacturers period', 'DAYS_UNTIL_FEATURED_MANUFACTURERS', '2', 'How many days do you want to add to the current date when you click on the green light.', 99, 24, '2004-06-23 18:15:40', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display featured manufacturer with products', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_DISPLAY', 'true', 'Show featured manufacturer with products?', 99, 25, '2004-06-19 20:08:08', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Layout position of featured manufacturer with products', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_POSITION', '3', '1= Top<br>2= Top Middle<br>3= Bottom Middle<br>4= Bottom.<br>', 99, 26, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured manufacturer with products maximum', 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_MANUFACTURER', '2', 'How many featured manufacturer with products show?', 99, 27, '2004-06-23 22:24:58', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Columns in manufacturer with products layout', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_COLUMNS', '2', 'How many columns do you want to use in your layout?', 99, 28, '2004-06-19 20:09:15', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Words per short description when it''s not written', 'MAX_FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_WORD_DESCRIPTION', '24', 'When you don''t enter short description, truncate description upto how many words?', 99, 29, '2004-06-06 21:41:43', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured manufacturer with products period', 'DAYS_UNTIL_FEATURED_MANUFACTURER', '2', 'How many days do you want to add to the current date when you click on the green light.', 99, 30, '2004-06-23 18:15:50', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured manufacturer with products set layout', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SET', '3', '1= side by side<br>2= over  under<br>3= image, price over under, description side<br>4= image, price over under', 99, 31, '2004-06-23 22:24:43', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured manufacturer with products set style', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SET_STYLE', '3', '1= plain<br>2= boxed<br>3= lined<br>4= shadowboxed', 99, 32, '2004-07-12 12:38:14', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the direction of the shadow', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SET_STYLE_SHADOW', 'right', 'right or left', 99, 33, '2004-07-12 11:56:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''left''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the sort order for the feature manufacturer with products.', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SORT_ORDER', 'm.manufacturers_id', '<br><b>manufacturers id, <br>manufacturers name, <br>product id, <br>product name, <br>product price, <br>random.</b><br>', 99, 34, '2004-06-23 12:49:16', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''m.manufacturers_id'', ''m.manufacturers_name'', ''p.products_id'', ''pd.products_name'', ''p.products_price'', ''rand()''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the manufacturer sort order by ascending or descending', 'FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_DIRECTION', 'DESC', 'ASC=ascending or DESC=descending', 99, 35, '2004-06-10 23:54:59', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''ASC'', ''DESC''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturer with products vertical line height', 'MANUFACTURER_VLINE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '150', 'Sets the height of the vertical line divider', 99, 36, '2004-06-23 22:26:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturer with products vertical line colour', 'MANUFACTURER_VLINE_IMAGE_COLOUR', 'blue', 'Sets the colour of the divider to:<br><br>black, white, silver, gold, red,<br>orange, green, yellow, blue or violet.', 99, 37, '2004-06-10 16:51:31', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''black'', ''white'', ''silver'', ''gold'', ''red'', ''orange'', ''yellow'', ''green'', ''blue'', ''violet''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturer with products horizontal line colour', 'MANUFACTURER_HORIZONTAL_LINE_COLOUR', 'f8fd69', 'Sets the colour of the horizontal line.<br><br>Enter a six digit hex number.<br>', 99, 38, '2004-06-10 17:11:42', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display featured categories', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_DISPLAY', 'true', 'Show featured categories?', 99, 39, '2004-06-19 20:08:08', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Layout position of featured categories', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_POSITION', '4', '1= Top<br>2= Top Middle<br>3= Bottom Middle<br>4= Bottom.<br>', 99, 40, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured categories maximum', 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_CATEGORIES', '4', 'How many featured categories show?', 99, 41, '2004-06-28 16:48:04', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Columns in featured categories layout', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS', '2', 'How many columns do you want to use in your layout?', 99, 42, '2004-06-19 20:09:15', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Words per short description when it''s not written', 'MAX_FEATURED_CATEGORIES_WORD_DESCRIPTION', '24', 'When you don''t enter short description, truncate description upto how many words?', 99, 43, '2004-06-06 21:41:43', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Featured categories period', 'DAYS_UNTIL_FEATURED_CATEGORIES', '2', 'How many days do you want to add to the current date when you click on the green light.', 99, 44, '2004-06-23 18:15:50', '2004-06-06 21:19:24', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured categories set layout', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SET', '3', '1= side by side<br>2= over  under<br>3= image, price over under, description side<br>4= image, price over under', 99, 45, '2004-06-28 16:46:19', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Choose a featured categories set style', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SET_STYLE', '3', '1= plain<br>2= boxed<br>3= lined<br>4= shadowboxed', 99, 46, '2004-07-12 12:37:44', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_featured(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3'', ''4''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the direction of the shadow', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SET_STYLE_SHADOW', 'right', 'right or left', 99, 47, '2004-07-12 11:56:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''right'', ''left''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the sort order for the feature categories.', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SORT_ORDER', 'c.categories_id', '<br><b>categories id, <br>categories name, <br>manufacturers id, <br>product id, <br>product name, <br>product price, <br>random.</b><br>', 99, 48, '2004-06-23 12:49:16', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''c.categories_id'', ''cd.categories_name'', ''m.manufacturers_id'', ''p.products_id'', ''pd.products_name'', ''p.products_price'', ''rand()''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Set the categories sort order by ascending or descending', 'FEATURED_CATEGORIES_DIRECTION', 'DESC', 'ASC=ascending or DESC=descending', 99, 49, '2004-06-10 23:54:59', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''ASC'', ''DESC''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Categories vertical line height', 'CATEGORIES_VLINE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '150', 'Sets the height of the vertical line divider', 99, 50, '2004-06-23 22:26:04', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Categories vertical line colour', 'CATEGORIES_VLINE_IMAGE_COLOUR', 'green', 'Sets the colour of the divider to:<br><br>black, white, silver, gold, red,<br>orange, green, yellow, blue or violet.', 99, 51, '2004-06-28 16:29:02', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''black'', ''white'', ''silver'', ''gold'', ''red'', ''orange'', ''yellow'', ''green'', ''blue'', ''violet''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Categories horizontal line colour', 'CATEGORIES_HORIZONTAL_LINE_COLOUR', 'dcab89', 'Sets the colour of the horizontal line.<br><br>Enter a six digit hex number.<br>', 99, 52, '2004-06-28 16:27:32', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

Ok i have tried it this is the error i get

1054 - Unknown column 'products_featured' in 'where clause'

SELECT products_id from products where products_featured = '1' and now() >= products_featured_until and products_featured_until > 0

[TEP STOP]

I do not know much but is this saying that something isnt in the database?

do you have products_featured in your products table in the database, if not run this sql to see if it produces any duplicate entry errors.

Only run the sql if no products_featured field is in the products table of the database

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_featured` tinyint(1) default '0' AFTER `products_status`;
ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_featured_until` date default NULL AFTER `products_date_available`;
ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD `categories_featured_until` date default NULL AFTER `sort_order`;
ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD `categories_featured` tinyint(1) default '0' AFTER `sort_order`;
ALTER TABLE `manufacturers` ADD `manufacturer_featured_until` date default NULL AFTER `manufacturers_image`;
ALTER TABLE `manufacturers` ADD `manufacturers_featured_until` date default NULL AFTER `manufacturers_image`;
ALTER TABLE `manufacturers` ADD `manufacturers_featured` tinyint(1) default '0' AFTER `manufacturers_image`;
ALTER TABLE `manufacturers` ADD `manufacturer_featured` tinyint(1) default '0' AFTER `manufacturers_image`;
ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_short` TEXT AFTER `products_name`;

HI Steve,

I am terribly sorry i have given up! still no featured products options appear anywhere and the manufacturers featured prod wont work,

All i really want to do is add products on the front page e.g. a recommended product, is it possible to use html for the add to cart function then i could just use a html section on the front page, it would be much easier.

Does the add to cart function change depending on whether a customer is logged in or not? If not i can just use the add to cart url in some html would this be possible?

Thanks in advance i realize you probably get harrased alot this is my final question!

Thanks in advance i realize you probably get harrased alot this is my final question!

Sorry that you feel the need to give up as this is an easy contribution to install.

You will need to post your other questions in the general support forum as they are not related to this contribution and it's support channel.

First off I wanted to clarify because I think you said this once, you can only feature one category at a time?

Second I noticed when I clicked on the category picture instead of going to that particular category it tells me product is not found, as if its trying too see the category as product.

First off I wanted to clarify because I think you said this once, you can only feature one category at a time?

Second I noticed when I clicked on the category picture instead of going to that particular category it tells me product is not found, as if its trying too see the category as product.

for the moment you can only show one category with products at a time.

the link code is wrong, I think this was covered before

it need to read FILENAME_DEFAULT not FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO and it also needs to be cPath= rather than categories_id=

for the moment you can only show one category with products at a time.

the link code is wrong, I think this was covered before

it need to read FILENAME_DEFAULT not FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO and it also needs to be cPath= rather than categories_id=

Thanks Ill look into that. I honestly did read all 13 pages! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve and everyone

I had installed this contribution but now I would like to uninstall it. The files part is no problem for me but the database in quite daunting. How can I remove the database entries created by this contribution from my store database?

If I was asked to guess, this is what I will do.

1) From my cPanel, start phpMyAdmin.

2) Looking at the .sql file provided by the contribution, I will have to delete the following entries.

- products_featured

- products_featured_until

- categories_featured_until

- categories_featured

- manufacturer_featured_until

- manufacturers_featured_until

- manufacturers_featured

- manufacturer_featured

- products_short

- Featured Sets

Will this be enough? Or have I missed anything?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks