• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Hello Steve,

I installed this contribution and i got to say it works great. This is what i was looking for but  I do have a simple question.

I have set Words per short description when it's not written to 0 so no words show up but now i get ---- and i want to be able to remove the it.

You can see herehere what i'm talking about.

THANKS!

the ....... is the more info text which can be replaced with an image

the code line is in languages/english/index.php

define('TEXT_MORE_INFO', '......');

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have installed this contribution and it worked great!! thank you for that.

I do have one problem though, i removed all my products and categories from my site to start afresh, now there seems to be ghost categories showing up in featured sets, Anyone know what this could be ?

The featured products work fine (because i didnt have any featured products before i removed all my products/categories/manufacturers).

you can take a look at

My Webpage

Cheerz

Drew

Hi,

I have installed this contribution and it worked great!! thank you for that.

I do have one problem though, i removed all my products and categories from my site to start afresh, now there seems to be ghost categories showing up in featured sets,  Anyone know what this could be ?

The featured products work fine (because i didnt have any featured products before i removed all my products/categories/manufacturers).

you can take a look at

My Webpage

Cheerz

Drew

Ok just changed the layout position and it dissappeared ..hmmz

Ok just changed the layout position and it dissappeared ..hmmz

The ghost image you refer to would have been a case of featured manufacturer with products being active.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

The ghost image you refer to would have been a case of featured manufacturer with products being active.

Yeah i understand that now - my previous post with the layout changes didnt fix it it just hid them, The ghost images shouldnt be there though - should they ? even if i have a manufacturer, a product a category and manufacturer with product active this is what i get -->> My Webpage, Plus in my store i only have 1 product, 1 manufacturer, 1 category. Hope anyone can help with this ,,,, ive set all the featured sets to true.

Cheerz

Drew

• 3 weeks later...

set each featured set to false in turn to determine which is causing the issue

you have an error in your product_info.php as it shows code

} ?>

although this is a seperate issue to be discussed in another thread

Edited by 241

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have just tried installing this contribution and after making all modifications i get this error when running the file featuredsets.sql on my DB

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

MySQL said: Documentation
#1067 - Invalid default value for 'manufacturers_id'

I then tried to make the changes on a clean installation and got exactly the same error.

Any ideas?

Hi.

I have just tried installing this contribution and after making all modifications i get this error when running the file featuredsets.sql on my DB

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

MySQL said: Documentation

I then tried to make the changes on a clean installation and got exactly the same error.

Any ideas?

Try changing the sql statement to this:

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

This only appears to affect certain versions of mysql

Hi,

I have the following problem.

Featured Products

Products Status Action

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -12, 12

[TEP STOP]

I am using osC MS2 2.2 and followed instructions exactly. Previous post did not mention any solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time. :blush:

Hi,

I have the following problem.

Featured Products 

Products  Status Action 

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, s.featured_id, s.featured_date_added, s.featured_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, featured s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -12, 12

[TEP STOP] 

I am using osC MS2 2.2 and followed instructions exactly. Previous post did not mention any solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.  :blush:

This is a split page issue which may be due to the version of mysql being used.

Tom aka Oceanranch gave a good account of this issue here Click to view topic: Split happens

Edited by 241

Try changing the sql statement to this:

ALTER TABLE `manufacturers_info` CHANGE `manufacturers_id` `manufacturers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

This only appears to affect certain versions of mysql

THANK U THANK U :D

All working now :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hey there,

We are currently building a new site and had a developer helping us. He has installed your featured sets contribution. They have been working beautifully and our developer has changed some stuff to get it looking pretty - but I have noticed that the special prices are not removed when a special becomes inactive (ie specials_status = '0'). Is this a known bug - or is it something that we have inadvertantly changed??? I cannot contact my developer and was wondering if you could point out the code that checks the status of the special so I can update our code. We go live in a couple of days and I would appreciate any help I can get!

Hey there,

We are currently building a new site and had a developer helping us.  He has installed your featured sets contribution. They have been working beautifully and our developer has changed some stuff to get it looking pretty - but I have noticed that the special prices are not removed when a special becomes inactive (ie specials_status = '0').  Is this a known bug - or is it something that we have inadvertantly changed???  I cannot contact my developer and was wondering if you could point out the code that checks the status of the special so I can update our code.  We go live in a couple of days and I would appreciate any help I can get!

In catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php

locate code around line #42

'specials_price' => $featured_products['specials_new_products_price'], 
 'tax_class_id' => $featured_products['products_tax_class_id']);

change to

'specials_price' => $featured_products['specials_new_products_price'],
 'specials_status' => $featured_products['specstat'],  
 'tax_class_id' => $featured_products['products_tax_class_id']);

In catalog/includes/modules/featured_products.php

locate code around line #26

if ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) {

change to

if (($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) && ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_status'] == '1')) {

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all :D

First, THANK YOU for making this Steve...its what I've been looking for.

Being the slow person that I am, I'm sure I'm missing something totally obvious here, but....

I did a fresh install of osCommerce on the test site. I uploaded your Contribution..No errors at all. However, I can't figure out how to make my products come up on the homepage :blush:

In Admin, I turned off featured manufactures, categories, etc. Featured product is enabled. I'm just looking to place a few hot items on the homepage. What am I missing here?

Sorry for the (I'm sure) dumb question, but I'm not seeing it.

;-)

Rob

Hello all :D

First, THANK YOU for making this Steve...its what I've been looking for.

Being the slow person that I am, I'm sure I'm missing something totally obvious here, but....

I did a fresh install of osCommerce on the test site. I uploaded your Contribution..No errors at all. However, I can't figure out how to make my products come up on the homepage :blush:

In Admin, I turned off featured manufactures, categories, etc. Featured product is enabled. I'm just looking to place a few hot items on the homepage. What am I missing here?

Sorry for the (I'm sure) dumb question, but I'm not seeing it.

;-)

Rob

possibly this post may help http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=413494

Once you have set this in the catalog/index.php you should just need to set the products that you want to be featured as featured status active and they will show.

Oh no... back again :D

Just wondering...is there a way to have featured products listed, as well as new products. Ideally, featured on top and new products under that?

Thanks,

Rob

yes instead of replacing the code from your previous question you would add the code line below so as to be

<tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>

possibly this post may help http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=413494

Once you have set this in the catalog/index.php you should just need to set the products that you want to be featured as featured status active and they will show.

Got it...anyway to have featured products on top, and still have new products following that?

Thanks,

Rob

Got it...anyway to have featured products on top, and still have new products following that?

Thanks,

Rob

Read my last reply to you

Wow, this contrib sounds great, and i was so exited to get it installed i worked whole night y'day to install it, but :( :( :( :(

Actually i am using BTS, anyway, is it possible for someone to have just installation instructions in a readme.txt file ?? like find and replace stuff... I would be really thankfull if someone could get me these instructions.

And i am sure this contrib will be very much popular soon.

Thank you in advance.

Naved

Edited by 241

When I try to upload the SQL file, it says this:

Error

SQL query:

MySQL said:

Any ideas? Thank you!

Rob

When I try to upload the SQL file, it says this:

Error

SQL query:

MySQL said: 

Any ideas? Thank you!

Rob

this previous post has the answer http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=612729