• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I just installed the "updated" version & I'm still getting the same error. Which file is causing that error? What exactly should I be looking for?

I will be scouring the postes to see if I can find it....

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /mnt/web_g/d47/s36/b01f2394/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 108

Ok, now I'm totally confused. I found the error that you was mentioned in the previous post, but now i'm getting a parse error.... as metioned above.

Got a sugestion?

Ok, finally got rid of the parse error, but now I'm getting this error.

1054 - Unknown column 'parent_id' in 'field list'

insert into categories_description (categories_name, parent_id, date_added, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('testing', '0', now(), '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

I have no idea anymore.... I'm hoping it's an easy fix... not sure if it's an easy fix or not... I hope so!

Ok, finally got rid of the parse error, but now I'm getting this error.

1054 - Unknown column 'parent_id' in 'field list'

insert into categories_description (categories_name, parent_id, date_added, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('testing', '0', now(), '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

I have no idea anymore.... I'm hoping it's an easy fix... not sure if it's an easy fix or not... I hope so!

The insert into categories_description should not be modified by this contribution.

Looks like you changed the array for the categories_description iso categories table.

My section is like this:

case 'insert_category':
     case 'update_category':
       if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);
       $sort_order = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['sort_order']);

// BOF Enable - Disable Categories Contribution--------------------------------------
/*
       $sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order);
*/
       $categories_status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_status']);
       $sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order, 'categories_status' => $categories_status);
// EOF Enable - Disable Categories Contribution--------------------------------------

if ($action == 'insert_category') {
         $insert_sql_data = array('parent_id' => $current_category_id,
                                  'date_added' => 'now()',
      'categories_featured' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured']),
      'categories_featured_until' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured_until']));
         $sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array);

$categories_id = tep_db_insert_id();
       } elseif ($action == 'update_category') {
         $update_sql_data = array('last_modified' => 'now()',
      'categories_featured' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured']),
      'categories_featured_until' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured_until']));

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
       }

$languages = tep_get_languages();
       for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
         $categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

if ($action == 'insert_category') {
           $insert_sql_data = array('categories_id' => $categories_id,
                                    'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
         } elseif ($action == 'update_category') {
           tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");
         }
       }

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
       }

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
         tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
         tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
       }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));
       break;
     case 'delete_category_confirm':

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hi I'm looking for some help on this. I've got the contribution working pretty well, with exception to being able to view the main control panel for the wolfen sets where i can set up the options. I don't see it appearing in the admin and I don't see a link to be able to access this page.

What should I be looking for (please give me a URL) and if I can access that page by typing in the URL, but can't find the link to it from within the admin, where should I start looking for the error?

Thanks,

George

@hobbyhen

Hi,

there is no direct link to the settings as they are written directly into database. You must access them in Configuration menu(box) --> Featured Sets.

The issue which can appear that Wolfen Featured Sets v1.00 uses configuration_group 99 which can be occupied by another contrib, if you just change configuration_group to, say, 199 all options will write to group 99, so see them there.

Alexander

Edited by alex_rus

hi,

can anyone help with integration of Wolfen Featured Sets with B2BSuite?

I played with the code, but as i'm not a programmer and couldn't make it work.

Alexander

I have done this, there is nothing complex to it , you just have to be aware of the prices

I have not released this as a contribution.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Has anyone been able to add randomness to the feature products? I think that would make this contribution complete and very valuable.

Yeah for random products!!!

This should already exist in the admin there is an option for sort order, set this to rand()

Set the sort order for the feature products. rand()

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Hi,

do i correctly understand that i need to edit only featured_products.php?

and the second:

i have tried to change the code in featured_products.php, which handles the prices from:

if ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) { 
       $products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</span>'; 
     } else { 
       $products_price = $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])); 
     }

to

$featured_products_array[$i]['price']  = $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id']));

global $customer_id;
 $customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
 $customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);
 $customer_group_price_query[$i] = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . $featured_products_array[$i]['products_id'] . "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group['customers_group_id'] . "'");
 if ( $customer_group['customers_group_id'] != 0) {
   if ($customer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_price_query)) {
    $featured_products_array[$i]['price'] = $currencies->display_price($customer_group_price[$i]['customers_group_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id']));

}
   }
   if (PRICES_LOGGED_IN == 'false') {                                
  	 $product_price_d = $featured_products_array[$i]['price'];                   
  	 }
   if ((PRICES_LOGGED_IN == 'true') && (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) {
            $product_price_d = ('<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '','SSL') . '">'  . PRICES_LOGGED_IN_TEXT . '</a> ' );
             }  else  {
      	 $product_price_d = $featured_products_array[$i]['price'];
             }

but this shows only retail prices. Can you show where is a mistake? As I'm not a programmer it's very difficult for me to figure it out.

Thanks for help.

Alexander

• 4 weeks later...

Add

So it looks like this

Hope this helps someone ;)

Dont forget to close your open tag <a href with the tag </a>

Hey, I've been having a heck of time trying to get the pictures on feature_categories.php to be clickable. Tried using the code in the forum example

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">

CHANGED TO:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">

And I am not getting anywhere. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

osjunkie

per your posting there doesn't seem to be any change

can you post your code section (the particular set and style) that you are modifying using the code tags and we can see what you are upto and how to fix it.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

osjunkie

Hey, I've been having a heck of time trying to get the pictures on feature_categories.php to be clickable.  Tried using the code in the forum example

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">

CHANGED TO:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">

And I am not getting anywhere. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

This is becuase the categories use pid instead of id therefore

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['pid'], 'NONSSL') . '">

Edited by 241

I personally like the power of both.

In the shop I think about 95% of the products have a very short description.

If it picks up the start of the description (and usually the complete text), I can easily enable the featured product without having to go into edit mode to add the short description.

Also, my easypopulate install doesn't come with a short description field.

So it's more a matter of convenience for me.

But I do agree with your point, providing a specific short description that is displayed in the featured section is a better feature.

max words taken from main description where a short description is not available has been successfully integrated into the next version.

you can set the max words taken from the short description if written and also the max words taken from the main description where a short descriptionis not written, this is all selectable from the admin side.

thanks steve,

just as you were posting I was activating a whole bunch of products, copying and amending descriptions and put up the random feature, and played a bit more with manufacturers and other categories settings.

With all the options, it can become a bit confusing ... that happens when your contribution is too good for the simple soul :D

What I found strange is the way the featured categories behave.

Selecting multiple, it shows just one logo, with products from different categories under neath.

Is this intentional ? I was expecting, either no categories logo, or a separate section for each category featured.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, I was wondering if your new version tracks which products are already featured and avoids showing them twice ?

And lastly, my basic setup has featured products in 2 columns and a featured manufacturer with products, with only a single product.

With the single product, the (shadow) box extends to the full width, do you know of an easy fix for this ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

thanks steve,

just as you were posting I was activating a whole bunch of products, copying and amending descriptions and put up the random feature, and played a bit more with manufacturers and other categories settings.

With all the options, it can become a bit confusing ... that happens when your contribution is too good for the simple soul :D

What I found strange is the way the featured categories behave.

Selecting multiple, it shows just one logo, with products from different categories under neath.

Is this intentional ? I was expecting, either no categories logo, or a separate section for each category featured.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, I was wondering if your new version tracks which products are already featured and avoids showing them twice ?

And lastly, my basic setup has featured products in 2 columns and a featured manufacturer with products, with only a single product.

With the single product, the (shadow) box extends to the full width, do you know of an easy fix for this ?

The categories section was initially meant to be category with products and that is why only the one logo.

As for the manufacturer with one product, yes there is an easy fix, it is called the next release or place an if statement with an else.

If statement for case of 1 item and else statement for case of more than one item.

The boxes are made from percentages of width so as to allow for expansion, they will naturally use the full 100% if only one item.

The next release allows for more control over this, whereby elements can be set by percentage or pixel, thus removing the emphasis away from the contributor and moving more to the users imagination allowing the user to better control the design and layout.

The code has been condensed to a third of what it was, however the admin side for the settings has become a monster which has overshadowed the complex nature of the confusion that you have suffered so far

With all the options, it can become a bit confusing ... that happens when your contribution is too good for the simple soul
next version brings forth the true meaning of confusion. :D

Thanks, for all your hard work !

Guess, I'll follow your advise and put in the if statement just to fix this.

Anyone lurking, if you have 3 colums, you'd have to decide on how to handle 2 items too ...

When can we expect the next version ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hello... here's me again..

i just encounter a bug if use the wolfenset with the categories_Description mod,

See what contribution i mean

HERE (V1.9). infact all seems ok , ofcourse the featured categories box dont show the calender etc, but when turn the categories_description off then its there again. However that isnt my primary error, couse that 1 makes some sence.

But when ever i insert a new product it not show up in the roots categorie.For example: if have a categorie called hardware and create a new product then it isnt listed, but if i look to QUICKUPDATE's or in the catalog's index , then i can see the new added product.

it just not want to show up in the categorie's lists.

Does any1 encounter the same problem or have a workaround.

Any help is apreciated

Grtzz wHiTeHaT  <_<

This seems to be caused by the categories description contribution rather than wolfen featured sets from what you have stated above.

ok, I posted something in general support that I think I should have posted in here....

If you check out my seasonal section or any category section, you will see that I have an image of one of my products.

The thing that I don't get is that I don't want it to show up. How can I remove that from there.

Check out my site and you'll see what I mean!

ok, I posted something in general support that I think I should have posted in here.... 

If you check out my seasonal section or any category section, you will see that I have an image of one of my products.

The thing that I don't get is that I don't want it to show up. How can I remove that from there.

Check out my site and you'll see what I mean!

This has been taken care of in the next version, however for the version that you have it is necessary to alter the codes in featured categories.php by commenting out line#24

if ($i=1) { echo '<td colspan="' . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_COLUMNS . '" valign="middle" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'categories_id=' . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cid'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_categories_array[$i]['cimage'], $featured_categories_array[$i]['cname'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td></tr><tr>'; }