• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Ok, I think I have it installed all correctly, but I was wondering how I can get more then 4 products listed.....

You already seem to have six items showing.

I don't use Manufacturers at all, so I was wondering what I should be removing, especially in the Featured Sets section and anywhere else that it might be....

You already seem to have changed these settings to false:

Display featured manufacturers true

Display featured manufacturer with products true

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you are right, after trying to get that all figured out, I did eventually find what I was looking for! This is a great mod, but now, I'm a little confused as to why I can't have any writting show up when I choose that option.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ok, I feel like a tool for adding another question, but I have to ask.

When I'm uploading products, everything is being pushed over to the right. It seems like the title is taking over the left hand side of the page & I have no idea where I can look to fix that issue.

It's really annoying...

Ok, you are right, after trying to get that all figured out, I did eventually find what I was looking for! This is a great mod, but now, I'm a little confused as to why I can't have any writting show up when I choose that option.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You have other issues as well with the shadowbox contribution on some pages.

http://5alarmgifts.netfirms.com/store/nfos...roducts_id=1163

As for the descriptions you need to go through the settings.

What do you have for:

Words per short description when it's not written

Which features are turned on and which features are turned off

What layout and style has been chosen.

Are descriptions given for the products

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Ok, I feel like a tool for adding another question, but I have to ask.

When I'm uploading products, everything is being pushed over to the right. It seems like the title is taking over the left hand side of the page & I have no idea where I can look to fix that issue.

It's really annoying...

The boxes are set as percentages, thus they auto resize according to content.

Not all layouts and or styles will work for everyone, it does depend on what your products are i.e. image size, descriptive content, product name etc.

This is the case with all the featured products contributions.

What I have tried to do is to give you the admin, control over the settings, so as to allow you the admin to manipulate things to best fit.

This does mean that you the admin have to set the settings to best fit your site, however at the same time this gives more scope and flexibility.

The next generation version will allow even more control from admin, which will mean even more settings for the admin to play with.

Not quite sure what you mean by that....

What do you have for:

As for these options, this is what I have set currently....

Layout is #4

Featured Cat is #8

Columns is #2

Words per short... is #24 (default)

Featured categories period is 30

Featured categories set layout is #3

Featured Categories set Style is #4

that's about it... Now the other reply that you just put doesn't really make sense either... I'm sure that you understood what I was talking about, but just to make sure, I have included a pic here.... featured-products.jpg

Let me know if that makes sense.

What do you have for:

Layout is #4

Featured Cat is #8

Columns is #2

that's about it... Now the other reply that you just put doesn't really make sense either... I'm sure that you understood what I was talking about, but just to make sure, I have included a pic here.... featured-products.jpg

Let me know if that makes sense.

The shadow is dislocated from the box. This is a seperate issue and not related to the contribution at hand, however I noticed it so thought that I would point it out to you.

Layout is #4

Featured Cat is #8

Columns is #2

Try entering a short description for the product.

Now the other reply that you just put doesn't really make sense either...  I'm sure that you understood what I was talking about

I did not know what you meant as you did not state that the issue was Admin side.

This looks like you have either missed a bit of code in the install or placed a code in the wrong area during install.

Ok, starting to clear up a little... LOL! Thanks for the extreemly quick replies...

I hate to ask, but how to I fix it so that the shadows are stuck to the box? Do I have an extra space somewhere that I missed?

As well, since I'm asking which file would I be looking at to fix the admin thing....

I hate to ask, but how to I fix it so that the shadows are stuck to the box? Do I have an extra space somewhere that I missed?

This shadowbox issue is for another contribution and should be posted and replied to in the support for that contribution, so as not to confuse people with the shadowbox effect being used with this contribution as the issue of the shadowbox is nothing to do with the shadowbox effect being used with this contribution.

Post the issue for the other contribution under it's support located here Shadowbox support where the person whom is supporting that contribution can answer to the issue.

Posts here are for the Featured Sets Contribution only, so that only answers to issues with the Featured Sets contribution are located here to make it easier for others to find the resolves required for the contribution when doing a search. If answers to other contributions are here then things can become confusing. :blink:

I hope that clears that issue up for you. ;)

As well, since I'm asking which file would I be looking at to fix the admin thing....

It should tell you in the address bar that the page is admin/categories.php which, if memory serves, is one of the pages with the most code changes applied to it during install. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Steve, I'll get it figured out eventually...

As for the descriptions that weren't showing up, I got them all showing by entering a short description....

Thanks again!

Ok, I've looked through the install instructions twice now & I can't figure out where I messed up.

featured-products.jpg

As you can see, the image is shifted to the right and I can't seem to find the spot in the code where it allows me to center it again.....

Thanks for any help!

Ok, I have another problem.... I can only get categories to show up, not individual products...

this is what I have set up as my settings...

Display featured products true 

Layout position of featured products section 2 

Featured products maximum 3 

Columns in featured products layout 4 

Words per short description when it's not written 24 

Featured products period 30 

Choose a featured products set layout 3 

Choose a featured products set style 4 

Set the direction of the shadow left 

Set the sort order for the feature products. rand() 

Set the sort order for products by ascending or descending DESC 

Products vertical line height 240 

Products vertical line colour blue

Am I missing something?

Ok, I've looked through the install instructions twice now & I can't figure out where I messed up.

I would suggest downloading the file replacement pack for the contribution and using a file comparison program such as beyond compare to locate the difference in the code.

Edited by 241

Ok, I have another problem.... I can only get categories to show up, not individual products...

this is what I have set up as my settings...

Display featured products true? 

Layout position of featured products section 2? 

Featured products maximum 3? 

Columns in featured products layout 4? 

Words per short description when it's not written 24? 

Featured products period 30? 

Choose a featured products set layout 3? 

Choose a featured products set style 4? 

Set the direction of the shadow left? 

Set the sort order for the feature products. rand()? 

Set the sort order for products by ascending or descending DESC? 

Products vertical line height 240? 

Products vertical line colour blue

Am I missing something?

Have you set the featured products flag for the product

What do you mean by the

featured products flag for the product

I know that I'm asking stupid questions, but I have no idea yet... I'm learning a lot, but not quite fast enough...

What do you mean by the
featured products flag for the product

I know that I'm asking stupid questions, but I have no idea yet... I'm learning a lot, but not quite fast enough...

you have to enable the featured status of a product in order for it to show, change the red indicator for the product to a green indicator for the product.

So you should have a green light for the status and a green light for featured.

Oh, ya, ok, that's a flag... gotcha!

Yes that was enabled when I was testing it... So, I turned it off because it removes all the other items.... So, that's the confusing part...

Thank you so much for the file comparing software.... That's the best thing since slice bread considering I'm totally new at this stuff.... Problem is fixed!

Thanks a lot!

Thank you so much for the file comparing software.... That's the best thing since slice bread considering I'm totally new at this stuff.... Problem is fixed!

Thanks a lot!

I will assume that you mean that you got hold of a copy of beyond compare and that you have used the file comparison to resolve your issue with the admin tables.

You still have to resolve your shadowboxes, however that is a different support thread.

Oh, ya, ok, that's a flag... gotcha!

Yes that was enabled when I was testing it... So, I turned it off because it removes all the other items.... So, that's the confusing part...

There are flags for different things

flags for featured products

flags for featured categories

flags for featured manufacturers

flags for featured manufacturer with products

This allows you to have a featured category with products, then seperate individual featured products from other areas, then featured manufacturers, then featured manufacturer with products.

You need to watch for what is or is not enabled and find a balance that works for your site.

Figuratively speaking I am just a number :lol:

Edited by 241

Ok, if I turn off all the categories with products (that I have on currently) and go into the products itself and choose to have them as a featured product, it doesn't show.

What other settings do I have to set? Anything else special that I'm missing?

Just to add, I skipped over the manufactuers installation because I don't have any manufacturers....

Now, I'm hoping that it doesn't have anything to do with it, but you never know...

Ok, you are so going to hate me!

I figured it out... I had installed another "featured product" contribution & I thought I had uninstalled it completely. I had it turned off & somehow it was still controlling the products section.... So, that solves that problem!

Sorry for the thousands of posts....

To make images clickable too:

open catalog>includes>modules>featured_products.php

Find a style you are going to use or add it to all styles, in this example whilst logged into admin in the featured settings i have chose:

Choose a featured products set layout - 3

Choose a featured products set style - 4

Now in featured products.php in this example line 182

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="' . (SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH + 25) . '" align="left" valign="top" class="main">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products_array[$i]['image'], $featured_products_array[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', '', '1', '5') . '<br><b>' . TABLE_HEADING_PRICE . ': <font color=red>' . $products_price . '</b></font color><br><a href="' .

Add

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">

So it looks like this

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="' . (SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH + 25) . '" align="left" valign="top" class="main"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products_array[$i]['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products_array[$i]['image'], $featured_products_array[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif', '', '1', '5') . '<br><b>' . TABLE_HEADING_PRICE . ': <font color=red>' . $products_price . '</b></font color><br><a href="' .

Hope this helps someone ;)