• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/admin/categories.php on line 355

Would it help you if I offer to email you a copy of a default osc with the contribution already installed.

I would be willing to do this as a one off as I beleive you said that you were using a default osc to install the contribution.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I will email you for a chat then post the files, it may be an idea for you to ask a moderator to edit your post and remove your email address as I did not mean for you to post your address openly in the forum.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Yesss...i got it to work with our distro, only few problems in the sizes,it go to width sometimes.

but if use 2 columns and choose the "boxed" layout ;) then it is verry good.

Verry nice job B)

Grtzzz wHiTeHaT @ osc2nuke.org

Would you be willing to pm me a link so that I can have a look

I have uploaded a pack containing all the files for a straight replacement on a default install of osCommerce 2.2MS2 this should help aid with installing the contribution for those new to osCommerce or those with a clean install.

Yesss...i got it to work with our distro, only few problems in the sizes,it go to width sometimes.

but if use 2 columns and choose the "boxed" layout ;) then it is verry good.

Verry nice job B)

Would you be willing to pm me a link so that I can have a look

its ok now with the width , i noticed this occurs if i insert a top row of manufacturers(aloth of manufacturers) , (canon,HP,warner etc.)

but i pm'ed you i have some questions for you,and i think...once seen our work you will have to :D

yes you have to play with the number of columns used depending on your setup and size of images used, manufacturers may need to be 5 columns wide instead of 6 and more rows used instead.

Edited by 241

I have noticed an error in the codes and here is the fix.

In catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php impliment these changes.

line# 75

'pname' => $featured_manufacturer_products['products_name'],

line# 105

'cname' => $featured_categories['categories_name'],

line# 108

'pname' => $featured_categories['products_name'],

the error is in the names such as products_name they have a double underscore products__name this is preventing the name being shown elsewhere in the layouts.

I am working on some new layout for the contribution and will post screenshots to the contributions area when ready.

These will consist of:

infobox style with rounded corners.

shadowbox infobox

and some others.

I would be greatful for feedback on the existing layouts and proposed new layouts once screenshots have been posted.

Can you put feedback in the support thread please.

This feedback will determine what is left in, what is taken out and what if anything is added for the next release.

Steve,

From your screenshots, it looks like a great mod but i am having porblems getting it "show" on my site and was wondering if i am missing something when adding the include line on my index.php file. In your install instructions, you have the same instructions listed twice (see below)...

*** open catalog/index.php ***

*** locate code: ***

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

*** replace code with: ***

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>

Did you mean to replace something else?

Have a number of mods installed (ie infobox admin) so not sure why i can't get this to display. Any ideas?

Steve,

From your screenshots, it looks like a great mod but i am having porblems getting it "show" on my site and was wondering if i am missing something when adding the include line on my index.php file.

There are two instances of that line that is why it appears twice in the instructions.

The first instance is near the beginning of the file and the second instance is near the end of the file.

Are you using a template system

anyone try to display feature the categories yet

feature product = working

feature manufacture = working

feature categories = red x box

tell me if your working

Do you have a link to the issue and does the category have an image.

Are you using a snapshot cvs version of the osc as this is the only way that I can duplicate the issue that you are having.

mrx2

Just realised that you are on an MS2.

suggest you us the file replace pack from the contributions area as you appear to be on a clean install, this will save any errors in the codes.

missed instruction in the replacement pack instructions

* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? *
*** open catalog/index.php ***
* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? *

* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*
* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*

? ? ? ? ? <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*

? ? ? ? ? <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>

* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*
* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?*

? ? ? ? ? <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

? ? ? ? ? <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_FEATURED_SETS); ?></td>

* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? *
*** close and save file catalog/index.php ***
* ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? *

there are two instances of the include therefore two instances in the instructions

Edited by 241

Hello!!!This is a nice mod but I have 1 problem,Seems I got a error after installing this I cannot add categories I get this error,,,,

-----------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_featured' in 'field list'

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('erer', '35', '1', '1', '2005-01-01')

[TEP STOP]

------------------------------------------------------------

Need help fast!!!!I need to list products for customers,,,,any Ideas,,,I don't want to uninstall it,,,,Thanks!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=103663

hey steve, yah im using ms2 umm,..i just tried the replace on a fresh ms2 install and it didnt work either...i dont know..,,i will try it again... will see ;)

hey steve, yah im using ms2 umm,..i just tried the replace on a fresh ms2 install and it didnt work either...i dont know..,,i will try it again... will see ;)

on a fresh install just use the replace files pack 2 minute job.

Hello!!!This is a nice mod but I have 1 problem,Seems I got a error after installing this I cannot add categories I get this error,,,,

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('erer', '35', '1', '1', '2005-01-01')

[TEP STOP]

Need help fast!!!!I need to list products for customers,,,,any Ideas,,,I don't want to uninstall it,,,,Thanks!

did you run the sql on the database successfully.

check the database table field exists. The table is categories and field is categories_featured

check the codes.

where is this happening is this in admin.

[TEP STOP]

check that you have followed this step for admin/categories.php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_featured, c.categories_featured_until from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_featured, c.categories_featured_until from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

Hello!!!!Thanks for the response,,,ok I tried that and I get this now...

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('Accessories', '53', '1', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

-------------------------------------

Yes this is in admin section,,,when I try to add a category it just won't do it,,,I have updated the database with file the "featuredsets" file included when I started,any ideas????I really like the mod....thanks for the help!!!!Ron

Hello!!!!Thanks for the response,,,ok I tried that and I get this now...

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id, categories_featured, categories_featured_until) values ('Accessories', '53', '1', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

-------------------------------------

Yes this is in admin section,,,when I try to add a category it just won't do it,,,I have updated the database with file the "featuredsets" file included when I started,any ideas????I really like the mod....thanks for the help!!!!Ron

*** ANNOUNCEMENT***

Error in code.

:blink: This is my fault, I have added an extra bit of code in the wrong place. :unsure:

RESOLVE:

open admin/categories.php

:( locate this code lines # 110-112

'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id'],
        'categories_featured' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured']),
        'categories_featured_until' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_featured_until']));

:) change to

'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);

This means getting rid of two lines and changing one line, not just changing one line.

<_< This code is in the correct place at another location which is for the categories table, the wrong code is located for the categories_description table. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got it installed, quite a big install-took me about an hour. Looks really good only ive got 1 problem. For some reason the box widths keep changing -sometimes stretching out of proporsion and squashing the end box. Im not sure how to fix it, is there anyway to manually set the width of the box so that the width is fixed so something like 50% of the page? Any ideas how i can stop the boxes stretching ?

post a url to the issue

post a url to the issue

Doesnt seem to be so much of an issue now for some reason, the boxes only change width very slightly now-is it possible to all the boxes exactly the same width ?

Suggestion for future updates is to make the image clickable so it is linked to product page :rolleyes:

Edited by The_Bear

Ok, I think I have it installed all correctly, but I was wondering how I can get more then 4 products listed.....

Pretty simple question & I'm hoping that it's a simple fix....

Thanks!

Not sure why it didn't let me edit, but this is what I wanted to add...

*****EDIT******

Got another quick question. I don't use Manufacturers at all, so I was wondering what I should be removing, especially in the Featured Sets section and anywhere else that it might be....

Also, I was wondering if I could get a suggestion... Should I put a box around the Featured products?