This is the complete package.

The contribution allows admin choices:

- Featured Categories with products.

- Featured Manufacturers.

- Featured Manufacturer with products.

- Featured Products.

The admin has many choices for each section(one section shown here):

- Display featured products.

- Layout position of featured products section.

- Featured products maximum.

- Columns in featured products layout.

- Words per short description when it's not written.

- Featured products period.

- Choose a featured products set layout.

- Choose a featured products set style.

- Set the direction of the shadow.

- Set the sort order for the feature products.

- Set the sort order for products by ascending or descending.

- Products vertical line height.

- Products vertical line colour.

- Products horizontal line colour.

The admin can choose whether only one featured set is shown or more.

The admin can choose which positional order the featured sets are shown if more than one.

There are a number of styles and layouts to choose from.

If you use the contribution please leave feedback positive,negative,suggestions or codes to include.

Download the contribution here:

*** Wolfen Featured Sets ***

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u have an example of this in action ?

Chrs

Rich

Not one open to the public.

What do you need to see or know?

Most of this contribution is admin based so an example would only show the different layouts and combinations as are chosen in the admin.

This would mean setting most things on in order to give a true example of what can be done.

I could upload to the contributions section a zip file containing some screenshots of catalog and admin.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Yes, please do so.. I would appreciate some screen shots before I go thru all changes to implement. You are the man!

I have uploaded some screenshots of the contribution to the contributions area.

Screenshots are of a default install and show catalog and admin.

at some point I will be adding an optional side box which can be switched on from admin and with this will be the option to choose whether you have products, manufacturer or categories in the side box.

Hi just intergrated you contrib which is great but, is there a way to make it also show any sale prices.

You can see my website to see what I mean it shows the full price (I am using sale maker to do these reductions if that helps) my knowledge is so so but hopefully this can be implemented in some way cheers.

So that is what the contribution is supposed to look like ;)

Is this just the featured products that you are using

The codes at present are set up to use normal price and specials price, I would think that the codes would need to be changed for the sale maker contribution as would codes for any contribution intigrating with the salemaker.

I am not familiar with the codes of the salemaker contribution however since you have it installed take a look at how the codes are used for salemaker in the new products box and this should tell you how to impliment the changes for Wolfen Featured Sets codes.

Did it take you long to install the contribution.

If I have some spare time I will look into this salemaker contribution to see what codes are being used and include with the next release.

In the meantime try this catalog/includes/modules/featured_products.php

Lines#25, 26, 27

for($i=0; $i<sizeof($featured_products_array); $i++) { 
  if ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

change to this

for($i=0; $i<sizeof($featured_products_array); $i++) {
$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_products_array[$i]['id']);
  if ($special_price) {
//  if ($featured_products_array[$i]['specials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_products_array[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products_array[$i]['tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

catalog/includes/modules/featured_categories.php

if ($featured_categories_array[$i]['pspecials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pspecials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

change to

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pid']);
  if ($special_price) {
 // if ($featured_categories_array[$i]['pspecials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_categories_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_categories_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

catalog/includes/modules/featured_manufacturer.php

if ($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pspecials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pspecials_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

change to

$special_price = tep_get_products_special_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pid']);
  if ($special_price) {
 // if ($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pspecials_price']) { 
	$products_price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['pprice'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($special_price, tep_get_tax_rate($featured_manufacturer_products_array[$i]['ptax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

Edited by 241

cheers I will have a look at that tomorrow. It took me about an hour to install but I had constent interuptions so probably about 1/2 hour non stop. The instructions were clear which helped.

Thanks for your reply. i look forward for your next release.

cheers I will have a look at that tomorrow. It took me about an hour to install but I had constent interuptions so probably about 1/2 hour non stop. The instructions were clear which helped.

Thanks for your reply. i look forward for your next release.

the codes I have posted should be all that is required I have the salemaker installed and with the code changes I can have the sale price showing.

Works superbly cheers!

That is good to hear, thought for a minute it was just me :lol:

I will add the changes to the files ready for the next upload to contributions.

I hope that you find a layout that fits your needs, I will be looking to add more layouts to the contribution.

Edited by 241

Thanks for the great contribution. I have not able to integrate it to the site due to many mods :D :D :D . So I start from scatch

Current config:

Stock osC install and Wolfens Feature Set 1.0

Two Stop error in the Admin page:

When click on contents under Catalog link I get

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /var/www/html/admin/categories.php on line 266

here is the code in that section

$products_date_available = (date('Y-m-d') < $products_date_available) ? $products_date_available : 'null';

//Begin Wolfen Feature Set 1.0

$sql_data_array = array('products_quantity' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']),

'products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),

'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),

'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,

'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),

'products_featured' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_featured'])

//End Wolfen Feature Set 1.0

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

Other Error is when click on the Manufacturers link in the catalog on the admin page

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/admin/manufacturers.php on line 200

The code on that section:

<tr>

<!--Begin Wolfens Feature Set 1.0 !-->

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS_FEATURED; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER_FEATURED; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$manufacturers_query_raw = "select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified, manufacturers_featured, manufacturers_featured_until, manufacturer_featured, manufacturer_featured_until from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name";

$manufacturers_split = new splitPageResults($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $manufacturers_query_raw, $manufacturers_query_numrows);

<!--End Wolfens Feature Set 1.0 !-->

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query($manufacturers_query_raw);

I have implemented the contribution into a setup which has over 90 contributions installed, however it is not a straight forward copy and replace of the codes as per the install instructions.

Maybe another set of instructions is needed with line by line adds, a lot of which is adding to database queries.

line 266 of admin/categories.php is

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

a full complement of open and close brackets are present.

you would need to highlight which line is 266 on your setup, however looking at the code you have replaced more code than was asked in the instructions as the section should be ending with

'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),
                                 'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),
                                 'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

from the code.

The instructions did not say to replace that bit of the code.

The instructions say what bit of code to locate and replace, it is only the bit that is asked to be located that is to be replaced, no more and no less.

admin/manufacturers.php lines 199, 200,201 on my default setup which does not have the comment marks for begin and end code are

}

if (isset($mInfo) && is_object($mInfo) && ($manufacturers['manufacturers_id'] == $mInfo->manufacturers_id)) {

where line 200 is a blank and this code is correct.

The codes you have posted run lines 180 to 191 on my setup however they are correct codes.

The 266 line is the last line,

right after the Feature Set 1.0 code.

I will have to try do it again. Thanks for all your hard work on the code & fine contribution.

The 266 line? is the last line,

?? right after the Feature Set 1.0 code.

I will have to try do it again.? Thanks for all your hard work on the code & fine contribution.

however with the bit of code that I posted as being missing from the section this would mean that a closing bracket ) would be looked for on that line and that is why the parse error is reported to be on that line.

the parse error is actual caused by the missing section of code which would close the array

the section should read as

$products_date_available = (date('Y-m-d') < $products_date_available) ? $products_date_available : 'null';
//Begin Wolfen Feature Set 1.0
$sql_data_array = array('products_quantity' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']),
'products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),
'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),
'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,
'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),
'products_featured' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_featured']),
'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),
'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),
'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

before the if (isset($HTTP line.

Notice how the array is closed here

'manufacturers_id']));
that is the missing bracket to which the parse error belongs. Edited by 241

'manufacturers_id']));

add the missing bracket got new error

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/admin/categories.php on line 355

the 355 line look like this

case 'new_product_preview':

anyone try to display feature the categories yet

feature product = working

feature manufacture = working

feature categories = red x box

tell me if your working

This contribution is really greath

ive not installed it yet,but i will.

We working with oscommerce and php-nuke and noticed this could be the final add what it need to have a full merged shop (for design)

i have some suggestions as that i believe you are a verry strong coder...if i may:

show a single product from a chosen catagorie(sub-catagorie(child)) in a box

with in the top the name of the catagorie(sub-catagorie(child),same as the column boxes))

ofcourse it need to be moved like if have 3 rows and 3 colums say where you want it position 1 column 2...for example.

with this you create sort of a box site and even can have what is inside the column left ore right in a centered box.

i just wanted to share this little "idea" with you and the other folks,and ofcourse it is easyer sayed then it is done.

But nothing is unposseble and i hoped it comes to you as a good idea what can be worked out,to enhance your contribution.

Maby i discover something after installing ( i will do in short time) and will share it ofcourse

I have already this as planned refer to earlier post Click

Thanks for the coments I will keep them in mind, I have already done a side box for a client.

Edited by 241

Hi

just noticed a slight problem here.

The Right columns and new products have gone mad lol!

Ummm how do I resolve this?

Again your help would be greatly appriciated

I think you are trying to show multiple categories.

The categories feature is to show a featured category with products. Try having one featured category.

Which features do you have active.

Edited by 241

'manufacturers_id']));

add the missing bracket got new error

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/admin/categories.php on line 355

the 355 line look like this

? ? ? case 'new_product_preview':

Is there a language barrier here as you seem to be mis interpreting what I am saying to you.

I did not mean for you just to add a bracket, adding just a bracket is a complete waste of time as there is a section of code missing.

Please re- read my posts and careully follow the instructions otherwise you will have issues throughout your install process.

anyone try to display feature the categories yet

feature product = working

feature manufacture = working

feature categories = red x box

tell me if your working

Do you have a link to the issue and does the category have an image.

Hi

just noticed a slight problem here.

The Right columns and new products have gone mad lol!

Ummm how do I resolve this?

Again your help would be greatly appriciated

I think you are trying to show multiple categories.

The categories feature is to show a featured category with products. Try haveing one featured category.

Which features do you have active.

Sorry I have no featured categories. I am goign to try something a little later to see if that can resolve it. If in the mean time anyone figures it out would be very useful.

Thanks

Edited by 241

Sorry I have no featured categories.

I am just trying to establish what you have switched on and get an idea of your setup in order to resolve your issue.

I think that you have a missing closing table tag </table> for the small images that depict the necklace and bracelets etc

Edited by 241

Fixed this issue by removing the code from index.php and putting it in my define main page mod. has worked a treat. Thanks!

ok I did a view source prior to your fix which indicated a missing </table> tag for the small images depicting necklace bracelet etc.