• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wolfen Featured Sets SUPPORT

Over the weekend we upgraded our servers to MySQL 5; and with the help of several posts here I've been able to get Featured Sets working again on the index page, but I am still getting the "1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'" error in the category level. I have attempted to adjust the following line, around line 33, in includes/modules/featured_sets.php, but to no avail.

else { // We are in category depth 
$featured_products_query_raw = "SELECT distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_featured = '1' order by " . FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS; 
 }

Has anyone else running MySQL 5 encountered this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance! ~ Mandy

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend we upgraded our servers to MySQL 5; and with the help of several posts here I've been able to get Featured Sets working again on the index page, but I am still getting the "1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'" error in the category level. I have attempted to adjust the following line, around line 33, in includes/modules/featured_sets.php, but to no avail.

else { // We are in category depth 
$featured_products_query_raw = "SELECT distinct p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_featured = '1' order by " . FEATURED_PRODUCTS_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS; 
 }

Has anyone else running MySQL 5 encountered this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance! ~ Mandy

Hello Mandy,

I have the same situation.... But I am not able to fix it. The clause situation of Wolfen may cause this... I will love to get an update of the wolfen contribution code... If you can post the solution for the index.php fix I will really appreciate.

Thanks for the community support,

Yves

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

I'm amazed that I've only just stumbled across this contribution, despite looking for something to manage the front end of my site (I don't think the name of the conrtibution helped :) )

Anyway, I have a very heavily modded store, so before proceeding I would like to ask your opinion?

The front end of my site is hard coded currently, do you think I would be able to replicate/manage it with this contribution?

My site is DirtBikeBitz

Thanks

Dave

• 2 months later...

Hello Mandy (blonde_one) and Yves (bienenf):

I had the same "1024 - Unknown Column" error when I added this contribution to my OSC shop. After searching in the other forum threads I was able to fix this error by changing tow lines in catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php of Wolfen Featured Sets v1.05

Here is what I did -

Find on line 71:

$featured_manufacturer_products_query_raw = "select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from " 
 . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'  and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by " . FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_MANUFACTURER;
  }

Replace with:

$featured_manufacturer_products_query_raw = "select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from (" 
 . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'  and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by " . FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_MANUFACTURER_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_MANUFACTURER;
  }

Find on line 101:

$featured_categories_query_raw = "select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.categories_featured_until, p.products_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES 
 . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where c.categories_featured = '1' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and cd.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by " . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_CATEGORIES;
  }

Replace with:

$featured_categories_query_raw = "select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.categories_featured_until, p.products_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from (" . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES 
 . " p2c) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where c.categories_featured = '1' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and cd.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by " . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_SORT_ORDER . " " . FEATURED_CATEGORIES_DIRECTION . " limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_CATEGORIES;
  }

My hosting also recently updated to MySQL 5 and the above edits fixed my problem. It is basically just adding "(" after "from" on both lines and adding ")" after "mi" on the first line and after "p2c" on the second line.

I hope this helps.

Greg

Edited by gregarose

Hello Mandy (blonde_one) and Yves (bienenf):

I had the same "1024 - Unknown Column" error when I added this contribution to my OSC shop. After searching in the other forum threads I was able to fix this error by changing tow lines in catalog/includes/modules/featured_sets.php of Wolfen Featured Sets v1.05

Here is what I did -

Sorry I had a typo in my previous post. I meant to refer to the "1054 - Unknown column" error.

Greg

Is anyone still supporting this contribution?

The reason I ask is because I am having a slight problem. For some of my products I added a short description. However I decided to delete the short descriptions so that the truncated normal description would show up in the infobox for those products. However all I get in the infobox for the short descriptions are the trailing "...."

Anyone know how to completely reset the short descriptions so that the partial normal descriptions will show up in the infobox again?

Thanks,

Greg

• 5 months later...

Im not sure if this will do what I want. Maybe you can advise me if this can work or what I can use.

I want this on my homepage in the center (between left and right column)

Category 1 Title

Cat1FeaturedProduct1 Cat1FeaturedProduct2 Cat1FeaturedProduct3

Category 2 Title

Cat2FeaturedProduct1 Cat2FeaturedProduct2 Cat2FeaturedProduct3

Category 3 Title

Cat3FeaturedProduct1 Cat3FeaturedProduct2 Cat3FeaturedProduct3

Category 4 Title

Cat4FeaturedProduct1 Cat4FeaturedProduct2 Cat4FeaturedProduct3

(up to 12 categories featured on home page and if one items sells, default highest priced that is not yet featured item will take its place)

And give me access to modify categories and products on admin panel.

Only Main Home page would look like this. Do not need it in category pages. Only on home page.

How can I do this? Can anyone help me do this? Willing to pay someone who can help me do this. I would apply the mod, just need someone to create/edit it with instructions.

Contact me in Private Message with a price quote or simply reply here to guide me as to how I can do this myself.

Is this the best mod to work off of?

Thank you.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

• 2 months later...

Hello I have just installed this contrib I get the following error in the admin panel when i try to edit the layout or style

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_select_featured() in /var/www/vhosts/smelliesrus.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

Please help me asap!

• 3 months later...

Whenever the product is marked "Out of Stock", featured items auto removes or does not show it as a featured item. That is great!!

However, what if the item is In Stock but the Quantity set to Zero??

Anyone have an idea how to make it behave the same if quantity is set to zero??

I want to show some items In Stock but with Quantity of Zero and have the Featured not show it. Is this possible?

This is my issue, I installed the Show Sold Items contrib. However, the Wolfen Featured Sets still show the Buy Now button when the Quantity is zero. Rather than editing all the Buy Now images, I figure it would be easier and faster for the Featured Sets to simply not show them if quantity is set to zero.

Show Sold Out Items contrib. in case you are curious about what I'm talking about:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4884

So how can I make the featured items dissappear is quantity is zero???

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
i isntalled this but there is no sitemap page?? what is the page supposed to be called, how do i load the page if i dont know the url?

i tried /sitemap.html but thats not it?

no instructions found, downloaded latest version

hi, i found the instructions the sitemap is working and generating however, for the "dynamic sitemap available to normal users of this site."

i cannot find the url for the dynamic sitemap? can someone tell me what the default url is?

thank you

hi, i found the instructions the sitemap is working and generating however, for the "dynamic sitemap available to normal users of this site."

i cannot find the url for the dynamic sitemap? can someone tell me what the default url is?

thank you

There was no instruction file in the download package. You can do a file compare on the existing modified files in catalog folder. Upload the new files. Add the call for featured_products to index.php as per instruction in the web page.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody knows how to change the background color of the boxed products? My overall background color is green.

But the specials page or product_info page for instance is white.... with the green background left and right noticable.

If i put a stylesheet in featured_sets.php with a white background, than the whole page is white..

i want a white middle (featured)mainpage, with left and right green colums.

Please take a look to see what i mean:

White overall: http://www.phonetelecom.nl

Must be turned into this kinda style:

http://www.phone-telecom.nl/specials.php

i hope someone can help me with this...thanks!

Edited by inctrl

On the main page, delete these lines:

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top" style="padding:0px 2px; "><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

[color="#FF0000"]<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet_features.css">
</head>[/color] 

<!-- featured //--> 

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

On the main page, delete these lines:

<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top" style="padding:0px 2px; "><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

[color="#FF0000"]<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet_features.css">
</head>[/color] 

<!-- featured //--> 

Thanks! With bgcolor="#FFFFFF" included it succeeded!

Take a look on the mainpage: http://www.phonetelecom.nl

Unfortunatly the footer is lined out 2 pixels too much to the right side now! :blink:

Edited by inctrl

When iam adding a new product in admin Featured product is on by default.

Cant i modify this, so the Featured product is OFF when iam adding a general new product in my admin?? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Edited by inctrl

• 3 months later...

when i rum my store, these lines on my screen, my OSC version is oscommerce-2.2rc2a

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_featured_status() (previously declared in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\functions\featured.php:16) in C:\AppServ\www\catalog\includes\functions\featured_sets.php on line 22

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m, manufacturers_info mi left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '1' and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by m.manufacturers_id DESC limit 2

i thank,this is a powerful CONTRI, but I got a error after installing it, see below:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_short, p.products_image, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturer_featured_until, mi.manufacturers_id, mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m, manufacturers_info mi left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '1' and m.manufacturer_featured = '1' order by m.manufacturers_id DESC limit 2

• 2 years later...

is this topic stil live, so i can post question?

You can post a question but no one is suporting this contribution, to my knowledge. You should use the open featured sets contribution instead.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 years later...