• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk v1.01.0 Support

I have installed the latest FAQdesks and the backend appears to work just fine so I have added a couple articles. However when I try to view them on the frontend I always get the error "Unable to determine the page link!" (See here). I'm not sure quite where to start looking for what is causing this. faqdesk_index.php was simply copied in without any changes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

-Tim

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem appears to be related to the Ultimate SEO addon. Some links as those for faqdesk_info work just fine, but faqdesk_index doesn't appear to be able to handle the SEO. The normal link works just fine, but the seo link does not. I haven't been able to figure out yet why it works in most places, but not with faqdesk_index.

-Tim

It's not a complete fix, but I did manage to make it work by disableing the SEO for just faqdesk_index.php by adding the following line to seo.class.php (around line 551):

if ( defined('FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX') ) $seo_pages[] = FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX;

The other parts of faqdesk work just fine with SEO, just not faqdesk_index.php

-Tim

I have fiddled and fiddled and i cannot fix the issue of categories appearing in the subcategories box in the faqdesk index page.

Im geussing this is not an easy fix as you, steve, havent replied yet?

Perhpas if i reinstalled it this would work, or this an issue with the contrib on the whole?

Cheers

I have the same issue.

On the faqdesk_index page the top level categories display as subcategories. Once you go down a level it is fine.

I have a heavily modified site so just reinstalling is not going to help me.

I saw a patch that sounded like it had something to do with this but was referring to a /boxes program and not the main index one.

Is this a known bug? (Unfortunately due to an NDA I cannot give the url.)

• 2 weeks later...

I got someone to look at my problem. He tells this is the way it is supposed to display. I think I was tricked by my design. Categories is just a page heading. The top level categories display under a heading called Subcategories and if you press one the headings change. I am going to change my language file as the way it is now it not at all intuitive to users.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an up-to-date version of OSC.

Everything seems work fine until i try to se a categoty in FAQ Categorybox.

It will only show

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_head_desc_tag' in 'field list'

select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_head_desc_tag ,cd.categories_head_title_tag, cd.categories_head_keywords_tag from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = '1' and cd.categories_id = '1' and cd.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks for any tips!

I trully installed the Header Tags Controller, but though I had inistalled it from a back up of the webpage... Maybe I didn't erase some part in the sql? :blush:

How can I erase this in order my FAQ Desk to work? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your help!

At present time I have unkomment header_tags.php in catalog/include by giving it an another name.

Ex: old_header_tags.php

• 3 weeks later...

HI

First thanks for a great Contab, It was easy to install and easy to use,

The only hicup i have is as follows, Everything works and show 100% however when in the admin and i am managing the Q when I am in the sub folders and I try to move or deleate a Q I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_reverse() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/faqdesk_general.php on line 206

This doent happen if i am in the main folder only in subfolders

Has anyone any ideas why this happens or how to fix I have looked through this thread and cant see anyone else with the same prob?

Thanks in advance

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

guys got a real weird one going on that someone may be able to identify....

Im using STS Templates 3.01 and have the newsdesk installed and running fine.

As soon as i install the faq desk everything stops working...

anyone have any ideas as to what would be causing this?

actually i have identified my problem..

FaqDesk and Newsdesk cant be run together due to the code variables being the same in the faqdesk nd newsdesk boxes

Ive been working thru the code of both the newsdesk and faqdesk to try and iron out the bugs but its a right old mess

has anyone else worked on this issue and found a quick solution?

Great Contribution!

I've attempted to insert the Fckeditor into faqdesk.php. So far it works. However, there are some serious spacing issues whenever I save an faq. And everytime I update an faq, more spaces between lines appear.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I'd like to fix this up soon.

Thanks!

Marc

hi there, i am in the process of cleaning up after someone elses work. The FAQDesk.v1.01.1 is installed but when i go to an faq page, it is blank and i lose the right column, please see....

blank faq page

still working on the look, just worried about function right now

• 1 month later...
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/zippykid.com/html/logoff.php on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/logoff.php on line 20

please help me to resove this problem.

Thank you in advance!

please help me to resove this problem.

I need to increase the lenght of the question, right now I can only type 64 characters,

Thank you in advance!

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/zippykid.com/html/logoff.php on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/shop/html/includes/database_tables.php:2) in /home/admin/shop/html/logoff.php on line 20

can someone offer solution for this problem after faqdesk installation ?

thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I added this contribution to my shop a few weeks ago. Everything seemed to be fine, I added categories and faqs. So I went ahead and added more contributions and hence altered my shop and database even more. Now I discovered that when I have subcategories and remove all products within them the faq that came with the installation shows up instead of the New products that used to be there before I deleted them, i.e. "What is FAQDesk"; and when I deleted all faqs the column-left Information Box shows up in the same spot where the new products were before I deleted them.

So something has gone very wrong. I'm wondering if it could be a configuration_group_id that is used twice?

Anyway, I don't know enough to solve this. Anyone who can help me out here, please!

I'm preparing to install this contrib. I have the list of code changes. It's going on a new OSc install with the Basic Design Pack contrib. I'm a newbie, so please bear with me. The question I have is about the sql file. at the end of the install file it says to run the sql file faqdesk_1010.sql on the database. How Do I do that? Do I create a new database on the server and import the info? I need the dummies instructions, please! Any help is appreciated!

I hope this might help you...

For those of you who have never installed an sql file, do the following:

Backup your existing database using the Backup Tool in your osCommerce catalog/admin panel.

Access your database via phpMyAdmin

Click on the SQL tab, and then use the Browse box to locate the faqdesk_1010.sql file on your own computer

Click the 'Go' button. That should be it, but if you have problems then use the Restore function to restore your database from the backup you took.

Edited by Lexi

I hope this might help you...

For those of you who have never installed an sql file, do the following:

Backup your existing database using the Backup Tool in your osCommerce catalog/admin panel.

Access your database via phpMyAdmin

Click on the SQL tab, and then use the Browse box to locate the faqdesk_1010.sql file on your own computer

Click the 'Go' button. That should be it, but if you have problems then use the Restore function to restore your database from the backup you took.

Thanks! I'll give it a go as soon as I'm done updating the code. Thanks again!

I've finally finished the install. Now I have an error.

1146 - Table

'faqdesk_configuration doesn't exist'

Select configuration_key as cfgKey,

configuration_value as cfgValue

fromfaqdesk_configuration

[TEP STOP]

I double checked my install, everything seems to be there. What did I do wrong?

Please answer in easy to understand English.... :'(

I've finally finished the install. Now I have an error.

1146 - Table

'faqdesk_configuration doesn't exist'

Select configuration_key as cfgKey,

configuration_value as cfgValue

fromfaqdesk_configuration

[TEP STOP]

I double checked my install, everything seems to be there. What did I do wrong?

Please answer in easy to understand English.... :'(

Just discovered this on the admin side: the tools button now reads faqdesk, not tools

This error appears when trying to access faqdesk:

1146 - Table

'faqdesk_configuration_group doesn't exist'

Select configuration_group_id as cgID,

configuration_group_title as cgTitle

from faqdesk_configuration_group where visible ='1' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

I tried checking all the code I entered. Seems ok.

Also tried dropping and re-installing Db... no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?