• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk v1.01.0 Support

does anyone kno why there are places that still TEXT_FAQDESK_READMORE??

This would be because there is not a define for TEXT_FAQDESK_READMORE in the language file for faqdesk. Could either be because it was missed during install or was not part of the distribution. I think it's the latter; fix it with something like this:

define('TEXT_FAQDESK_READMORE','Read More');

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to figure out how to change the date format in the faq listings in the FAQDesk 1.01.1 contrib (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1106). I found the line but for the life of me I can not figure our how to change the way the date & time are formated. I want it to show the date using the same format as the rest of my cart which is determined in the top of english.php in the languages directory. Here is the section of code it is in (includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk_listing.php)...

if ( ($number_of_products/2) == floor($number_of_products/2) ) {
//		if ( ($number_of_faqs/2) == floor($number_of_faqs/2) ) {
		$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
	} else {
		$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
	}

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;
	$cl_size = sizeof($column_list);
	for ($col=0; $col<$cl_size; $col++) {
		$lc_align = '';
		switch ($column_list[$col]) {
	case 'FAQDESK_DATE_AVAILABLE':
		$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INFO, ($faqPath ? 'faqPath=' . $faqPath . '&' : '') 
		. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_date_added'] . '</a> ';
		break;
	case 'FAQDESK_ANSWER_LONG':
		$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INFO, ($faqPath ? 'faqPath=' . $faqPath . '&' : '') 
		. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_answer_long'] . '</a> ';
		break;
	case 'FAQDESK_ANSWER_SHORT':
		. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_answer_short'] . '</a> ';
		break;
	case 'FAQDESK_QUESTION':
		. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_question'] . '</a> ';
		break;
	}

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array(
			'align' => $lc_align,
			'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
			'text'  => $lc_text
			);

}
}

This is the line (109) that controls that...

. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_date_added'] . '</a> ';

This is the part of that code that controls it...

$listing_values['faqdesk_date_added']

I am trying to get it to use the same as the faqpages themselves (faqdesk_info.php) like is controlled by this line...

<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_FAQDESK_DATE, tep_date_long($product_info_values['faqdesk_date_added']));; ?>

I know this is way different than it but that is the type of format I need. Anyone have any ideas of how to change that line of code to make it work to use the standard format?

**Please remember any coding I post is use at you own risk... We are not responsible for any damages, downtime, etc.**

I am trying to figure out how to change the date format in the faq listings in the FAQDesk 1.01.1 contrib

This is the line (109) that controls that...

. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . $listing_values['faqdesk_date_added'] . '</a> ';

I am trying to get it to use the same as the faqpages themselves (faqdesk_info.php) like is controlled by this line...

<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_FAQDESK_DATE, tep_date_long($product_info_values['faqdesk_date_added']));; ?>

I know this is way different than it but that is the type of format I need. Anyone have any ideas of how to change that line of code to make it work to use the standard format?

Off the top of my head, I'd say it would look like this:

. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . tep_date_long($listing_values['faqdesk_date_added']) . '</a> ';

does anyone have this working on thier site so i can see what it looks like?

Yep, check out my site: www.ifd.com

Off the top of my head, I'd say it would look like this:

. 'faqdesk_id=' . $listing_values['faqdesk_id']) . '">' . tep_date_long($listing_values['faqdesk_date_added']) . '</a> ';

Yep, check out my site: www.ifd.com

cool that looks really professional i think this will be the next contrib i install. cheers

HI, Steve I have installed your contrib and it is ace, no errors, clean and cool, I have one little glitch which is that categories diplay in the sub categories section on the faq_index.php. You can see this here

Look Here

Any ideas?

Cheers

dan :D

In addition I cannot get the header tags to function in the faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=

DO you know of a solution?

HI, Steve I have installed your contrib and it is ace, no errors, clean and cool, I have one little glitch which is that categories diplay in the sub categories section on the faq_index.php. You can see this here

Look Here

Any ideas?

I have this same problem. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

In addition I cannot get the header tags to function in the faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=

DO you know of a solution?

This is in the language file. You have to define 'NAVBAR_TITLE' in the language. Here is what I put in mine (you could get fancier and put in the question, category, etc. but I kept it simple for the moment and just put it as 'FAQDesk'.

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'FAQDesk');

**Please remember any coding I post is use at you own risk... We are not responsible for any damages, downtime, etc.**

I have this same problem. Does anyone know how to correct this issue?

This is in the language file. You have to define 'NAVBAR_TITLE' in the language. Here is what I put in mine (you could get fancier and put in the question, category, etc. but I kept it simple for the moment and just put it as 'FAQDesk'.

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'FAQDesk');

Are you talking about the breadcrumb trail or the window title, i use header tags, usually you can define the window titles using this contrib, but it is not renaming the window title.

Ok I have a fix for the category issue if you have not modified your faqdesk_index.php just copy and use the text below to replace your file.

<?php

require('includes/application_top.php');
require('includes/functions/faqdesk_general.php');
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX);

// set application wide parameters --- this query set is for FAQDesk
$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION . "");
while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {
define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);
}
// calculate category path
if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['faqPath']) {
$faqPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['faqPath'];
} elseif ($HTTP_GET_VARS['faqdesk_id']) {
$faqPath = faqdesk_get_product_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['faqdesk_id']);
} else {
$faqPath = '';
}
// caluculate something ??? like what?  current category??
if (strlen($faqPath) > 0) {
$faqPath_array = faqdesk_parse_category_path($faqPath);
$faqPath = implode('_', $faqPath_array);
$current_category_id = $faqPath_array[(sizeof($faqPath_array)-1)];
} else {
$current_category_id = 0;
}

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_HOME, tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, '', 'NONSSL'));
//$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, '', 'NONSSL'));
//$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'faqPath=', 'NONSSL'));

if (isset($faqPath_array)) {
$n = sizeof($faqPath_array);
for ($i = 0; $i < $n; $i++) {
	$categories_query = tep_db_query(
	"select categories_name from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $faqPath_array[$i]
	. "' and language_id='" . $languages_id . "'"
	);
	if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query) > 0) {
		$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
		$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'faqPath='
		. implode('_', array_slice($faqPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
	} else {
		break;
	}
}
/*
 if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['faqPath']) {
$categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['categories_id'] . "'");
$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'faqPath=' . $faqPath . '&categories_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['categories_id']));
//			$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, 'faqPath='
//			. implode('_', array_slice($faqPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
 }
*/
}

// the following faqPath references come from application_top.php
$category_depth = 'top';
if ($faqPath) {
///*
// IF this area is included problems occur when trying to view unpopulated catagories
// OR!!! is this not a but???
// Well which the @!#p$@ is it?  Regular products shows the catagory while the below won't @!#@&@

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query(
"select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "'"
);

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
	$category_depth = 'products'; // display products
} else {
$category_parent_query = tep_db_query(
"select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . $current_category_id . "'"
);

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
	if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
		$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
	} else {
		$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
	}
}
}
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Output a form pull down menu
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function faqdesk_show_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $params = '', $required = false) {

$field = '<select name="' . $name . '"';
if ($params) $field .= ' ' . $params;
$field .= '>';
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($values); $i++) {
	$field .= '<option value="' . $values[$i]['id'] . '"';
	if ( ($GLOBALS[$name] == $values[$i]['id']) || ($default == $values[$i]['id']) ) {
		$field .= ' SELECTED';
	}
	$field .= '>' . $values[$i]['text'] . '</option>';
}
$field .= '</select>';
$field .= tep_hide_session_id();

if ($required) $field .= FAQ_TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;
}
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<?php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
?>

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table>

<!-- body_text //-->
	<td width="100%" valign="top">

<?php //echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
	<td class="pageheading" width="100%"> 
	  <tr>
		<td><h1>Help Desk</h1></td>
	</td>
	</tr>
	</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
	<td class="pageHeading" width="45%">
<?php
// let's make a drop down with all the categories and subcategories
$info_box_contents = array();
if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
$cat_choose = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => FAQ_BOX_CATEGORIES_CHOOSE));
} else {
$cat_choose = '';
}
// Below lines changed by Wolfen
$categories_array = faqdesk_get_categories($cat_choose);
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($categories_array); $i++) {
$path = "";
$parent_categories = array();
//	faqdesk_get_parent_categories($parent_categories, $categories_array[$i]['id']);
//	for ($j = sizeof($parent_categories) - 1; $j>=0; $j--) {
//		$path = ($path == "") ? $parent_categories[$j] : ($path . "_" . $parent_categories[$j]);
//	}
$categories_array[$i]['id'] = ($path == "") ? $categories_array[$i]['id'] : ($path . "_" . $categories_array[$i]['id']);
}
$info_box_contents[] = array(
	'form' => '<form action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX) . '" method="get">',
	'align' => 'center',
	'text'  => faqdesk_show_draw_pull_down_menu('faqPath', $categories_array,'','onChange="this.form.submit();" size="' . ((sizeof($categories_array) < MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST) ? sizeof($categories_array) : MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST) . '" style="width:' . BOX_WIDTH . '40%')
);
new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
	</td>
	<td class="pageHeading" width="45%">
<?php
// show search box
$hide = tep_hide_session_id();
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array(
'form'  => '<form name="quick_find_faq" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">',
'align' => 'center',
'text'  => 
$hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" size="20" maxlength="30" value="' 
. htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"])) 
. '" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"> ' . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH)
);
 new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?>

<?php

// let's pick up information for the top area of the category listings
$category_query = tep_db_query(
"select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description from " 
. TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.catagory_status = '1' and c.categories_id = '" 
. $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'"
);
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
	<td class="cat_description" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CATEGORY; ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan="4"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="pageHeading" align="right" width="">

<?php
if ($faqPath && ereg('_', $faqPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
$category_links = array_reverse($faqPath_array);
for($i=0; $i<sizeof($category_links); $i++) {

"select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " c, " 
. TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.catagory_status = '1' and c.parent_id = '" . $category_links[$i] . "' 
and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name"
);

if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query) < 1) {
		// do nothing, go through the loop
//	} else {
		} // Wolfen added } instead of the one after break;
		break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
//	}
}
} else {

"select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES . " c, " 
. TABLE_FAQDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.catagory_status = '1' and c.parent_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' 
and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name"
);

}
// BOF: Modified to fix image display problem

//if (($categories['categories_image'] == 'NULL') || ($categories['categories_image'] == '')) {

if (!tep_not_null($categories['categories_image'])) {

// EOF: Modified to fix image display problem

echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '1');

} else {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

}

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
$rows++;
$faqPath_new = faqdesk_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
echo '
	<td align="left" class="smallText" style="width: ' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' 
	. tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_INDEX, $faqPath_new, 'NONSSL') . '">';
// BOF: Modified to fix image display problem

//if (($categories['categories_image'] = 'NULL') or ($categories['categories_image'] = '')) {

if (!tep_not_null($category['categories_image'])) {

// EOF: Modified to fix image display problem

} else {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

}
echo '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != tep_db_num_rows($categories_query))) {
	echo '</tr>' . "\n";
	echo '<tr>' . "\n";
}
}
?>
</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
	<td class="cat_description" colspan="3"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_SUBCATEGORY; ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
</tr>
<tr>

<?php
if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
} else {
echo $category['categories_name'];
}
?>
	</td>
	<td class="pageHeading" align="right" width="">
<?php
if (($category['categories_image'] == 'NULL') || ($category['categories_image'] == '')) {
} else {
echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
}
?>
	</td>
</tr>
<?php if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
<tr>
	<td class="cat_description" align="left" colspan="2">
	<?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?>
	<?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?>
	</td>
</tr>
<?php } ?>
</table>

<?php
if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
} elseif ($category_depth == 'products') {
include(FILENAME_FAQDESK_SHOW);
}

echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '30');

include(FILENAME_FAQDESK_STICKY);

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Let's close up the middle area and the add the remaining html for the page
?>
</td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
		<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

<?php
/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions ---- http://www.oscommerce.com
Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
Released under the GNU General Public License

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This script is not part of the official osC distribution but an add-on contributed to the osC community.
Please read the NOTE and INSTALL documents that are provided with this file for further information and installation notes.

script name:			FAQDesk
version:				1.01.0
date:	   			22-06-2004 (dd/mm/yyyy)
author:				Carsten aka moyashi
web site:			www..com
modified code by:		Wolfen aka 241
*/
?>

P.S this includes a fix for the drop down menu not being big enough to accomodate the choose category text :)

mmm ok this is getting closer but now sub categories are included in the categories section in the chosen cat. Will work out a solution and post later on

Edited by mintpeel

I have fiddled and fiddled and i cannot fix the issue of categories appearing in the subcategories box in the faqdesk index page.

Im geussing this is not an easy fix as you, steve, havent replied yet?

Perhpas if i reinstalled it this would work, or this an issue with the contrib on the whole?

Cheers

Look Here

Any ideas?

Give me an explicit example of where you see a problem; you page looks as I would expect it to.

Give me an explicit example of where you see a problem; you page looks as I would expect it to.

Basically in the faq index the main categories are showing in the subcategories box.

For the time being i have, fixed this issue by renaming the sub-categories box as "options" and deleted the category heading text, (which would normally appear above the first line) as you can see now. It is not as user friendly as the feature of having cateogries and sub-categories, but it does the job, until there is a fix.

Thanks for taking the time to have look

:D

Edited by mintpeel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed this contrib, and it is absolutely the coolest one around. I have only a slight problem on the frontpage. The FAQ INFORMATION has ended up at the bottom of the page with a boxless q & a above.

you can see it here

Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Can anyone tell me where I can sort this out please?

Thanks

Looking quickly at your index.php I think you have the FAQ section in the wrong place.

Move it up a few lines so it's directly under this....

</table>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- currencies_eof //-->

...but still in the right nav table.

I installed FAQdesk but noticed that there were a few items that were askew, so I'm wondering if I have the full download:

1. some of the TEXT_ items list the default TEXT_NAME; looked for the defines within the language files, but couldn't locate them: I manually updated the TEXT_items in the following areas:

Latest FAQ list in column_right.php

FAQ list in column_right.php

Frontpage FAQ listing in index.php

What definition file should I be looking for to make sure it's included?

2 In the FAQ category search, even though I de-selected the 'Long answer' column, it's still showing up in the FAQ listing (it appears that the column counter is disregarding the (0) I used to disable it. Additionally, the following default display indicates that I'm missing a definition file. Hints?

TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES

Here's our site

Other than that, it works pretty well -- great contrib.

Edited by bardware

Congrats for this amazing contrib and all the work that is clear it has behind!

I got it all wotking but a little problem...

When trying to acces to the main page faqdesk_index.php I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

No clue what it means.. I can get access to the question directly to each one of them, and all int the front page works..

Somebody could help me? Thanks!!

select categories_name, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

No clue what it means.. I can get access to the question directly to each one of them, and all int the front page works..

The problem is that your SQL query is trying to access a field that is not in the table; meaning that your database does not contain a data field that you are trying to get data from. Best guess is that maybe the 'categories_htc_title_tag' is not part of a stock osC? Do a search on this board for that term, or on google if that doesn't turn up any answers.

The table field that it's trying to access is from the Header Tags Controller (Version 2.5.4 is the latest one that I saw.) If you are trying to maximize search engine compatibility and ranking, that contribution, while a little effort to set up, is well worth it.

Cheers,

Bard

Polley Computer Solutions

I trully installed the Header Tags Controller, but though I had inistalled it from a back up of the webpage... Maybe I didn't erase some part in the sql? :blush:

How can I erase this in order my FAQ Desk to work? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I am using CRELoaded 6.15. I have updated to fix the naming issue. However, when I go to the FAQ page, the footer no longer extends the entire length of the shopping cart. It is now no longer under the left column, only the center and right column. I'm sure there is just a missing closing tag somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it. Has anyone had this problem?

[TEP STOP]

OH GOD! I GOT IT!!!!!

Unistalling Header Tags Controller I left the catalog/includes/header_tags.php file in the folder.

Don't know haw this was interfering and where is the relation, but as soon as I deleted the file, it began to work nice!!! :lol: