• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk v1.01.0 Support

Hi I just installed this great contrib.. And it seems to work fine.. on the frontpage. I could see everything work.. and on the back side.. I see the links and every page seemed to work..

ONLY the faqdesk.php gives me a blank page for some reason..

I really can't see what's the problem.. The other contrib I'm using is multi-stores v1_9 could there be a conflict??

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using FAQDesk v1.01.1 (updated install text) dated APR by Swopedesign.

Latest snapshot of OSC.

I've installed Links Manager v1.14

All seems fine except I lose the right column when clicking on a links category. Same problem on the FAQDesk category.

Does anyone know how to fix this or do I have to choose between the 2 contribs??

Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I need major help, I have tried all versions of this and all have the same issue on my site, in admin the links "FAQDesk Management" and "Reviews Management" show a blank page. I really have tried them all, more than once. I wish it would give an error or something so that I had something to go on... but it doesn't.

How can I resolve this issue or debug it a step at a time somehow?

I currently am using FAQDesk.v1.01.2

please help, im losing it i think :blink:

ps I have several contributions installed in my osc. I have admin access contrib and i have access to the files. so thats out. also i have the following if it matters:

Additional Images v2.0.0

AJAX_Search_Suggest_1.6

allow_guest_reviews_v2.01-MS2

dynamic_sitemap v 2.0

SPPC

Meta Tags v3.0a

Product Tabs 2.2

pwa

Review Approval System v1.3_1

Edited by Robert972

Without knowing which version you are using, it might cause more problems for your site.

I'm using the version by swopedesign-- dated 7 apr 2006. It works for me.

tried that one again, still get blank pages on faqdesk.php and faqdesk_reviews.php it seems there's nothing different about that one as it pertains to my getting blank pages.

thanks for the response, but i still need help with either debugging or sample / working code to look at. maybe a zipped version of your working files that are in this contribution would help me.

hmm still didnt work for me. looked to be the same content as i had, same number of lines anyway. I guess I'm gonna have to find out how to debug a line at a time or something that will enable me to isolate what's breaking the page.

• 2 weeks later...

found the issue, in admin/includes/functions/faqdesk_general.php:

function tep_get_uploaded_file($filename) {
if (isset($_FILES[$filename])) {
$uploaded_file = array(
	'name' => $_FILES[$filename]['name'],
	'type' => $_FILES[$filename]['type'],
	'size' => $_FILES[$filename]['size'],
	'tmp_name' => $_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']
);
} elseif (isset($GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_FILES'][$filename])) {
global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

$uploaded_file = array(
'name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['name'],
'type' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['type'],
'size' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['size'],
'tmp_name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']
);
} else {
$uploaded_file = array(
	'name' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_name'],
	'type' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_type'],
	'size' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_size'],
	'tmp_name' => $GLOBALS[$filename]
);
}

return $uploaded_file;
}

is already a declared function. remove this function and all will be fine.

• 6 months later...

First things first. Thanks for the contribution support. I applaud your efforts in the face of countless individuals like me who need expertise and input from talented individuals like you! :rolleyes:

I've amazed myself by installing and getting v1.2 to work without anyone's help :thumbsup:, ahem, until now :( . Now that it's up and running, I have the hardest time understanding how to place the FAQ content where I want it.

For example, the README.txt instructs me to place the following code in the catalog/index.php file:

//BEGIN -- faqdesk

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK,

// 'access' => tep_admin_check_boxes('configuration.php'),

'image' => 'catalog.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk'),

'children' => array(array('title' => FAQDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK, 'selected_box=faqdesk')),

array('title' => FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=faqdesk')))),

//END -- faqdesk

I haven't put that code there, yet the content still appears there (see second image below) after clicking on the LATEST FAQ link (The default "What is FAQdesk" in this example).

So, here's the box setup on the frontpage (note the location of the LATEST FAQs box in left column):

FAQdesk_latest_FAQs_box.jpg

Here's where the content is showing up.

FAQdesk_content_unwanted_location.jpg

Here's where I would like the content to be displayed:

FAQdesk_desired_output_location.jpg

And here's my question(s): Where is the actual output of the FAQ controlled?. Why does it show up in what appears to be the right column, when I have not placed it there? (My template does not use a right_column. it does, but it's intentionally left empty) :blink:

Which file controls where the actual FAQ content is output?

You can see the problem live at http://www.linmin.com/store

I appreciate your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the FAQ. In the admin section 99% of the functions work. All but the "FAQ Management". When I click it it seems to be going after a file that is not included in the package (?) or is it directed to the wrong address?

It points to "mywebaddress/admin/includes/modules/faqdesk/faqdesk.php" ?

I can't find any file at this location in the package and neither any referral about this in the installations or here in the forum.

Help? What should I do?

• 8 months later...

I have this error when i try insert a faq question via Admin:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/faq.php:27) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any help....

Tx

OScommerce Rocks!

I have this error when i try insert a faq question via Admin:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/faq.php:27) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any help....

Tx

I get the same error! I am using version 2.1 My work around is to hit the back page button twice on iInternet Explorer. Does anyone have a solution?

Edited by apache510