• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada post boxes size not functioning

ultraman

Hi. The Canada post with dimension module seems to work fine but regardless of the item dimension, it always choose the first box on the list.

They say that the program is supposed to fit the object or more than one object in the good available boxes. if I ask them to desactivate this option, I'll not be able to offer combined shipping for many items.

As anyone experienced that?

Thanks.

Maybe try listing your largest box first and test it. No disrespect to the Can Post people but the tech I spoke to about it wasn't all that clear on the process. Hopefully I will get a chance to install the contibution with dimensions soon and I will get back to you with what I find.

Canada Post rates usually go with weight (as far as boxes go).

So if you predefine boxes on the Can Post user account, it may use the right box, but the rate comes out the same because it is based on the weight of the box. If certain weight limits are not exceeded, the rate for shipping products in one or the other box can be the same.

Problem is that on your site you will not see which box was used by CP.

One trick how to find that out is to play with the limits. I have done that for overseas shipping as they have very tight rates for shipping under 250 gr, 500 gr and 1000 gr. If you define different weights of the boxes with some staying under 500 gr and others over, the rate will tell you that different boxes might have been used. (ex. take two products, same weight, but different dimensions, thus different boxes. That way you will find out through the rate).

Hope that helps. For me the dimension module works fine, even if it was tricky to make it work with my other shipping modules (as box weight is predefined in CP user account and in the tare weight of the oscommerce module).

If more explanation needed, I will check the messages periodically.

WW

www.callibo.com