• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Nochex APC Payment Module

ldavies83

OK, it seems an SSL certificate etc is going to set me back somewhere in the region of ?160  :blink:

Is this definately the problem?  I'm still unsure as to why we need it, does this contribution *only* support SSL connections?  I would have thought that the stuff that needs to be secure (ie card details etc) would be secured by NoChex as it's all entered on their pages, so to secure what they ordered seems a bit of overkill to me.

Hi Scooby,

You do not have to have an SSL cert for this contribution to work. I have it on one of my clients sites working perfectly ok and that does not have an SSL.

As you say, all the important card details are provided using the SSL from the NoChex site and this information is never returned back to yourself.

Mark

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked out the terms and conditons of the Nochex website but I'm still unclear as to how the actual Nochex APC module will work.

What I have done is setup the module on a test machine and used my own Nochex (Xtra) account. I then attempt to purchase an item (as if I'm a customer to my test site) and say I want to pay via Nochex. I am then taken to the Nochex secure webpages where it asks for my Nochex account details.

I have seen examples where at this point it asks for your card details and does not assume the customer already has their own Nochex account.

So what I am basically saying is that I don't want the module to assume the customer already has a Nochex account but actually prompt them for their card details.

How is this done?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul, sorry I have not come accross the problem you mention.

On my clients site, I do indead get the option to either sign in or just enter my card details, so you are right, that is possible.

I'm sure there are different types of accounts (personal/ business) with Nochex, just like there are with paypal, I would suggest you look back at your Nochex account and see what you have. I would imagine, business is required for the credit card module.

Regards

Mark

OK then, guess I'm back where I started :)

Any other ideas as to why I can't seem to get this contribution running?

Hi Scooby, do you have a windows server per chance?

I only ask as I got similar problems moving a perfectly working site from a nix box to a windows box. Turns out I needed to update the main CURL code in order to get it working. I can post you a beta of the new code to see if it works if you want.

Let me know by PM'ing me.

Cheers,

Leigh

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

OK then, guess I'm back where I started :)

Any other ideas as to why I can't seem to get this contribution running?

Hi Scooby,

I've just looked at your original posting to see what the actual problem was in the first place.

You have the dreaded e-mail NO RESPONSE problem which is effecting quite a few people.

As Leigh mentioned in message 142 further up the page, this is a problem which appears to be happening on windows servers.

I would suggest you look at the type of server your site is being hosted on and Contact Leigh for his solution.

Regards

Mark

The server is running Linux, kernel version 2.4.20-021stab022.1.777-smp but as it happens I've found the problem

Back in January when I first started trying to set up the shop, I recompiled Apache to include cURL so naively assumed it would contain the cURL code. For some unknown reason, my hosting company have at some point since then seen fit to replace my compiled Apache with a default build that doesn't contain cURL :angry: :angry: :angry: Silly me, I didn't think to go back every couple of days to check what I had installed was still installed :rolleyes:

So anyway, even if you *know* you installed cURL, worth going back to check that your hosting company haven't uninstalled it for you!

Thanks for your help folks :wub:

Mark/Paul,

Having got the NoChex APC basically working, I am having the same problem. In order to accept credit/debit cards you must have an Xtra account with NoChex (limit is ?300 per transaction according to NoChex), otherwise you can only accept payments from other NoChex members. Problem is, I have an Xtra account and not only can people not put in credit/debit card information, if they click on the "If you don't have a NoChex account click here" button it just returns them back to the checkout page.

Any ideas?

Ta,

Paul.

I think I've found the issue here (well, for me anyway), if the NoChex APC module is in Test mode then you can't enter credit/debit card info, go into Live mode and check it - worked OK like that. Hope this helps :)

If a customer initiates a transaction but subsequently does not complete the purchase in the Nochex window then they are still able to view the order through the ?Previous Orders' functionality. This can be a potential problem - if a customer is browsing your site and wants to see how it works they may initate a 'dummy' transaction passing through to the Nochex window. If they they then check their Previous Orders they will have a record being displayed with 'Nochex Processing' -this can be confusing for the customer.

To avoid showing the 'Nochex Prococessing' rows via 'Previous Orders' you will need to do the following (remember to backup files first!):

1) catalog/account.php

On or around line 97 add the filter as follows just before the order by command:

"o.orders_status != '50000'"

2) catalog/includes/functions/general.php

For the function tep_count_customer_orders around line 1357 the query

returns the total number of orders irrespective of the order status. Therefore a similar condition as above needs to be applied.

3) Mark (aka Marcoh) has also pointed out that there is a further amendment required if using the statistics on the admin side:

stats_customers.php

around line 60, and around line 63 the filter needs to be put in here so that the order is not added to the gross order totals giving false results.

You need to amend the o.orders_status and order_status coding accordingly depending on if the query is relational or direct.

Ok, for 1) above, I think I have to change

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.delivery_name, o.delivery_country, o.billing_name, o.billing_country, ot.text as order_total, s.orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by orders_id desc limit 3");

to this:

$orders_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, o.date_purchased, o.delivery_name, o.delivery_country, o.billing_name, o.billing_country, ot.text as order_total, s.orders_status_name from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and ot.class = 'ot_total' and o.orders_status != '50000' and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by orders_id desc limit 3");

I'm not sure about 2) and 3) though, is 2) changing this:

$orders_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$id . "'");

to this:

$orders_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$id . "'and o.orders_status !='5000'");

correct?

3) has sort of lost me though, could someone pop up an example of the code I need to find, and the change to be made (no idea if it's relational or direct etc???)

Ok, for 1) above, I think I have to change

to this:

I'm not sure about 2) and 3) though, is 2) changing this:

to this:

correct?

3) has sort of lost me though, could someone pop up an example of the code I need to find, and the change to be made (no idea if it's relational or direct etc???)

Hi Scooby,

Sorry don't have code to hand but a little explanation should solve everthing for you.

1) looks fine

2) is wrong. I'll explain the relational / direct bit then you will understand.

If you look at the first query, that is relational. It is getting data from more than one table.

as a result, the fields are given an identifier, in this case o = orders, ot = orders_totals, etc......

If you look back at the code for the first example since this is a relational query, you would therefore say o.orders_status != '50000' , which you have done and it looks correct.

The second bit of coding is a direct query addressing only 1 table, therefore you do not need the identifier (and it will make the query fall over if you put it in), this line should therefore only have added orders_status != '50000'

3) Just use this information on the two queries involved within the stats_customers.php file. if it is addressing more than one query use o.orders_status if it is not use orders_status

Hope this helps.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed Nochex APC but I don't have an entry in Admin Modules for 'Secure (SSL) Payment....' etc.

I've got a menu box entry on my admin screen below Tools for Nochex APC but without the module installed it gives some nice weird results... heh.. :-)

I've got a shared SSL and cUrl, I'm on UnitedHosting.co.uk if that makes any odds.

I've checked the order_status table and that's got good entries from running the sql script and the new nochex_whatchamacallit table exists.

I reckon I've cocked up amending something in the admin files but what? I can't see anything (wood for trees probably).

Noticed in one file a reference to nochex_testing.php which I can't find anywhere. Redundant file?

Really appreciate any help... TIA

Nick Coe

http://www.pjandcoe.co.uk

http://www.alphacos.co.uk

OK. I've found out where I went wrong. I put the module php file in the wrong directory.

Now I'm just left with some sort of error text appearing in the footer when I click on the Nochex|Transactions in the admin menu. I expect I've made other mistakes but I'm leaving it for now.

Faultfind tomorrow. :-)

Nick Coe

So. The following text appears at the very bottom of the page in admin panel when I click NochexAPC|Transactions. It looks like part of the session ID processing...

1062 - Duplicate entry 'e12a73fd4700200bba49ec26e678da28' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('e12a73fd4700200bba49ec26e678da28?action=view', '1113111897', 'language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";selected_box|s:13:\"configuration\";')

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any one got any ideas? In the meantime I'll keep checking the files I changed in admin...

Cheers

Nick

I think I've found the issue here (well, for me anyway), if the NoChex APC module is in Test mode then you can't enter credit/debit card info, go into Live mode and check it - worked OK like that. Hope this helps :)

Just to confirm, this is absolutely correct and the Nochex system works like this by design. This is why you have to use the test1/[email protected] addresses as nothing else will work.

Hi Leigh (again)

I have your contribution mostly working ( and thank you for all your hard work).

When I test via Nochex, the email comes as it should, and the apc is updated with the test. However, when a proper order comes in, although I get the email from Nochex, the APC transactions in admin is not updated.

The folllowing are my settings:

Secure Debit/Credit Card payment via Nochex

Enable NOCHEX Module

True

Functionality Mode

LIVE

Logo to display

Enable NOCHEX APC Responder

True

APC Responder Module Address

http://www.*****.com/catalog/nochex_notify.php

E-Mail Address

orders@****.com

Update Stock Before Payment

False

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Pending

Sort order of display.

Debug Email Code

False

I do not have ssl and curl is off

It is very frustrating, any ideas?

Hi All

please help, after installing the nochex add instead of getting the correct heading at the top of each page i get $HEADING_TITLE.

if anyone could please help or point me in the right direction. this wouold be very much appreciated.

George

Hi Leigh (again)

I have your contribution mostly working ( and thank you for all your hard work).

When I test via Nochex, the email comes as it should, and the apc is updated with the test. However, when a proper order comes in, although I get the email from Nochex, the APC transactions in admin is not updated.

The folllowing are my settings:

I do not have ssl and curl is off

It is very frustrating, any ideas?

Hi BattleAxe,

Firstly, Switch your Debug Email Code on, It will help to establish whats going on. Next cURL is needed for the Nochex APC to work so please enable this on the server. Finally what server OS are you running on? I only need to know if it is Windows based or 'Nix based.

I have been having problems with the OSC affiliate contribution where it was registering affiliate clicks but not sales.

I have now managed to isolate the problem to being caused only when the payment method is NoChex - I have set up a temporary version of my site and if the payment is COD or cheque etc then the sale registers against the affiliate properly but if its NoChex it doesnt! The sale goes through ok but it never shows up on the affiliate sales report.

Is anyone who is using the affiliate contribution and NoChex able to help? At the moment I am getting clicks from affiliates but they arent getting recognised for the sales which may be a good thing short term but it MUST be sorted otherwise I will lose them!

Thanks

Jay

I have been having problems with the OSC affiliate contribution where it was registering affiliate clicks but not sales.

I have now managed to isolate the problem to being caused only when the payment method is NoChex - I have set up a temporary version of my site and if the payment is COD or cheque etc then the sale registers against the affiliate properly but if its NoChex it doesnt! The sale goes through ok but it never shows up on the affiliate sales report.

Is anyone who is using the affiliate contribution and NoChex able to help? At the moment I am getting clicks from affiliates but they arent getting recognised for the sales which may be a good thing short term but it MUST be sorted otherwise I will lose them!

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

Although I dont use the affiliate contrib It sounds like to me it's excluding the Nochex Authorised Status, Tell me, does the order show up if you change the status from "Nochex Authorised" to "Shipped" or similar?

Cheers,

L.

Hi Jay,

Although I dont use the affiliate contrib It sounds like to me it's excluding the Nochex Authorised Status, Tell me, does the order show up if you change the status from "Nochex Authorised" to "Shipped" or similar?

Cheers,

L.

Hi Leigh,

No it doesnt make any difference - the affiliate scheme has a minumum order value setting so it only counts if its higher than that but the default is 3 (shipped) and NoChex is 5000 and 5001 so I dont think thats the issue. It weird and is driving me nuts.....

Jay

Hi

Tried looking through the other posts but this doesnt seem to be covered...

Is this contrib supposed to be applied to an osc install on its own to run as the sole payment system or is it able to be on the page as a payment option/radio button alongside, say, PayPal, wolrdpay, etc

TIA

Hi im hoping this is the place to ask my Question, we have 2 payment systems on the same server,

one for membership and one for our shop,when we set up the APC im assuming we can only give it on url, so can we set it up in the php code so that oscomm send the responderurl in the form.

Any help would be great.

Craig :thumbsup: