• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Nochex APC Payment Module

ldavies83

Hi

Tried looking through the other posts but this doesnt seem to be covered...

Is this contrib supposed to be applied to an osc install on its own to run as the sole payment system or is it able to be on the page as a payment option/radio button alongside, say, PayPal, wolrdpay, etc

TIA

This contrib works along side any other payment modules you have loaded providing you follow Leigh's installation instructions correctly.

I have it working with Cheques, Paypal and Worldpay without any problems.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will this contribution work with CRE Loaded6 v6.1a?

cheers

Hi Chris, Yes it does work on CRE_LOADED

Cheers,

L.

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

Hi im hoping this is the place to ask my Question, we have 2 payment systems on the same server,

one for membership and one for our shop,when we set up the APC im assuming we can only give it on url, so can we set it up in the php code so that oscomm send the responderurl in the form.

Any help would be great.

Craig :thumbsup:

Is the membership system and Shop a separate system, ie 2 osCommerce installs/1 osC 1 something else? If it is then it wont matter, as the Nochex APC contrib sends over the returnpath variable as specified in the admin settings and that will only affect that osC install. You can read up on the Nochex APC and specifying returnpaths on the Green room over at nochex, as they have a section about writing your own APC controller, the variables you need and optional variables you can add for just such an occasion.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Leigh Davies

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

Hi Leigh,

Well we have 1 oscomm shop, and a ameber membership system,

problem is that the shop is behild the membership wall, which means that clients join via the amember system pay through nochex and the apc fires the amember system to activate their account, so then they enter the members area and get access to the shop.......

hold on am i getting confused, does the shop actually need the apc....?

i suppose it does for the db update for payment...

doh, now i am confused.

if a transaction comes in from the shop, the apc will send the authorised to the amember nochex_ipn.php file because thats the url thats been set in nochex...

What do you think

Craig :'(

Edited by dalai

Hi

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong?

I have nochex running alongside PayPal

Now when I buy something through PayPal everything appears to work until I am 'returned to merchant' and come to the chechout_success.php page

Here I get:

Home>>Store>>checkout: NAVBAR_TITLE_2

wth:

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_SUCCESS

on the page.

Now I have checked the checkout_success.php to make sure that all the instances (3) of NAVBAR_TITLE_2 & HEADING_TITLE & TEXT_SUCCESS have an $ at the start and I have installed the code before the $breadcrumb.

Any clues as to why the above is happening?

TIA

ReHi

Just to add to my post above that I also get the same purchasing in nochex:

NOCHEX_NAVBAR_TITLE_2_PENDING

and on the page:

NOCHEX_HEADING_TITLE_PENDING

NOCHEX_TEXT_SUCCESS_PENDING

Any advice would help.

TIA

ReHi

Just to add to my post above that I also get the same purchasing in nochex:

NOCHEX_NAVBAR_TITLE_2_PENDING

and on the page:

NOCHEX_HEADING_TITLE_PENDING

NOCHEX_TEXT_SUCCESS_PENDING

Any advice would help.

TIA

Sorted the above problems.

Error free page layouts were displayed when I repositioned the block of code destined for checkout_success.php.

I had originally put the block of code a few lines before the $breadcrumb. But when i put the block of code IMMEDIATELY before the $breadcrumb then the errors disappeared.

And you guys thought you had made the install instructions idiot proof..... :rolleyes:

I turned on download in Admin and it worked ok.

Now when i go to checkout success i see the download link at the bottom on the checkout_success.php page and when I hover on it I get a link. But when I click it it just goes to a blank page.

At the top of the blank page on the IE bar it gives the link to where the download is and at the bottom of the page on the ie bar it says "Done" - but the page is completely blank.

I have tried absolutely everything - turning download off and back on trying it with different files, reloading zip files, etc etc etc

Any suggestions as to what causes a compeletly blank page ?

TIA

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I know this sounds a little stupid but is there any way of changing the text on the "payment options page" from "NoChex via. SSL" to something more friendly like "card payments?"

Regards,

Andy

Hi all - First of all thanks and congrats on creating an great contrib.

I too am getting an identical error in the ADMIN section. Everything seems to be working fine otherwise but want to sort this before I go and do a test live order using Nochex.

I have searched on the forums and have seen similar error with what seem to be solutions. However since I got this error after installing this contribution I want to make sure that I dont mess things up by applying a unrelated solution.

Nico - have you managed to resolve this? If so how? Or can anyone help me out to squash this - which for all you know could be due to a DUE* as I am no programmer.

cheers and thanks in advance for all help

cloudchaser

* DUE - Dumb End User i.e. me :'(

So.  The following text appears at the very bottom of the page in admin panel when I click NochexAPC|Transactions.  It looks like part of the session ID processing...

1062 - Duplicate entry 'e12a73fd4700200bba49ec26e678da28' for key 1

insert into sessions values ('e12a73fd4700200bba49ec26e678da28?action=view', '1113111897', 'language|s:7:\"english\";languages_id|s:1:\"1\";selected_box|s:13:\"configuration\";')

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any one got any ideas?  In the meantime I'll keep checking the files I changed in admin...

Cheers

Nick

Hi all - First of all thanks and congrats on creating an great contrib.

I too am getting an identical error in the ADMIN section. Everything seems to be working fine otherwise but want to sort this before I go and do a test live order using Nochex.

I have searched on the forums and have seen similar error with what seem to be solutions. However since I got this error after installing this contribution I want to make sure that I dont mess things up by applying a unrelated solution.

Nico - have you managed to resolve this? If so how? Or can anyone help me out to squash this - which for all you know could be due to a DUE* as I am no programmer.

cheers and thanks in advance for all help

cloudchaser

* DUE - Dumb End User i.e. me  :'(

Just a hunch here, but I think you may have copied the wrong file into the admin section.

The admin part of oscommerce does not use sessions, therefore either the transactions file is corrupt or been copied wrongly.

Try re-uploading the admin sections of the nochex files back up to your web server again.

Mark

Hi,

I know this sounds a little stupid but is there any way of changing the text on the "payment options page" from "NoChex via. SSL" to something more friendly like "card payments?"

Regards,

Andy

Should anybody wish to do this, I've worked it out, you need to set the TITLE definition in catalog/languages/english/modules/payment/nochexapc.php !

Regards,

Andy

Just a hunch here, but I think you may have copied the wrong file into the admin section.

The admin part of oscommerce does not use sessions, therefore either the transactions file is corrupt or been copied wrongly.

Try re-uploading the admin sections of the nochex files back up to your web server again.

Mark

Hey - that did the trick - knew it was something silly on my part!! Copied the file over and the error did not show up.

Thanks for the tip. Now on to the live testing ;)

cheers and thanks for the vgreat contrib once again.

cloudchaser

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have the Paypal IPN contrib installed and im thinking about installing the nocheck contribution as well (since I hear far too many people complaining about paypal).

My question is, as in the paypal contribution do the customers details get passed onto nochex so they dont have to enter them again?

I have had people tell me they wont complete a transaction if they need to do this.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I have the Paypal IPN contrib installed and im thinking about installing the nocheck contribution as well (since I hear far too many people complaining about paypal).

My question is, as in the paypal contribution do the customers details get passed onto nochex so they dont have to enter them again?

I have had people tell me they wont complete a transaction if they need to do this.

Thanks.

Yes they do, the Nochex IPN is more or less a copy of the paypal one.

Mark

Hiya...

Quick question... using the checkout-process file I send email confirmations to customers... fair enough.... so I have put some HTML into that email to make it look pretty :)

Anyway, this pretty email still gets sent out when I make a test purchase using plain purchase by cheque.... however...

now that I am using and testing the NochexAPC module... which all works well ... after some tinkering :blink:

The mail that get sent out to users is the standard text format... which looks really boring... does anyone have any hints as to how to send HTML mails whilst using the Nochex APC module?

At what point (from which file are the mails sent?) I've searched.. but can't find at what point in which file the emails are being sent from... arg!!

If you have any hints its appreciated! ;)

Seeya.

Kenny.

Does this contribution support downloadable media?

Ive installed the contribution it and it goes to nochex okay but when im handed backed to checkout_success.php theres no download link.

Ive tried lots of settings. Does it drop the cart/link?

Danny

Does this contribution support downloadable media?

Ive installed the contribution it and it goes to nochex okay but when im handed backed to checkout_success.php theres no download link.

Ive tried lots of settings. Does it drop the cart/link?

Danny

Re: the above.

No reply so I went and made a virgin install of oscommerce on a friends machine.

I also made a fresh install of this NoChex contribution on the machine and set it up as per instructions.

I also carried out the proper checks with nochex and everything works okay - I even opened an account with them so I could make a dummy purchase. Everything works.

I then installed the PayPal_IPN contribubtion and set it up for a media download and it worked fine.

But When I set up oscommerce and your NoChex contribution for a download I get no download link when I get to the checkout_success.php

So Im not asking for help - just a basic question:

Does this contribution work with downloadable media or does it lose the link?

Am I wasting my time because its not going to work or it does work and I am just setting it up wrong?

Danny

Re: the above.

No reply so I went and made a virgin install of oscommerce on a friends machine.

I also made a fresh install of this NoChex contribution on the machine and set it up as per instructions.

I also carried out the proper checks with nochex and everything works okay - I even opened an account with them so I could make a dummy purchase. Everything works.

I then installed the PayPal_IPN contribubtion and set it up for a media download and it worked fine.

But When I set up oscommerce and your NoChex contribution for a download I get no download link when I get to the checkout_success.php

So Im not asking for help - just a basic question:

Does this contribution work with downloadable media or does it lose the link?

Am I wasting my time because its not going to work or it does work and I am just setting it up wrong?

Danny

Sorted it. :blush:

Great contribution.

Danny

Hi - I hope someone can help on this - especially if it sounds like a familiar problem - here's the situation:

osCommerce was running fine. No module installed, minimal customisation.

Install Nochex APC Payment Module. Put through a transaction using Nochex (test or live, same thing happens) and under the Nochex transaction history it lists as Nochex Authorised. All good. Except that the screen the customer is redirected to is not the usual order successful screen (with accompanying email sent out) but instead the Order Processing Screen (and no email).

I've tried clean installing it twice, and no difference. It passes the email debug test fine, and the Nochex APC test. Even the payments get authorised and show as such under the Nochex APC menu. But osCommerce thinks it's still processing. (PS yes, I have the option set to set the order to Nochex Authorised not to Nochex Pending by the way :) ).

This is driving me crazy! The only other thing worth mentioning is that the main body in the Order Processing page I'm shown is slightly pushed over to the right (can't say whether this a standard problem with the default template or symptomatic of this Nochex APC problem - but either way I'm getting shown the Order Processing page with central part pushed right instead of the order successful page).

• 1 month later...
Sorted it.  :blush:

Great contribution.

Danny

Danny - any chance you could share your success story, as I have a similar situation - Paypal IPN does show the download links on checkout_success.php, but Nochex does not ?

Appreciate it if you could assist :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I had the NoChex apc working fine before but now it has stopped working correctly.

Not sure if this is relevant but I have upgraded my server (unix) yesterday from Php 4.1 to php 4.3.1 and I need to know if I should be setting any other parameters in PHP to enable NoChex APC to function.

Now when I test on https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/testapc my NOchex_notify path it returns to a successful TEST APC sent screen with the details.

I have DEBUG turned on but I do not get any email and neither is the transaction logged into the OS system.

I have checked and double checked that the email address for Nochex is correct and working.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Hi guys

This is now working and resolved.

With the PHP 4.3 upgrade my hosting company had a default cURL set to OFF and this was causing the prolem (i think) I enable cURL to ON and it reported a test check.

I went off on a tangent as I was under the impression that cURL was required only for SSL based sites.

thanks again for some great work on a brilliant contrib.

cloudchaser

Hi

I had the NoChex apc working fine before but now it has stopped working correctly.

Not sure if this is relevant but I have upgraded my server (unix) yesterday from Php 4.1 to php 4.3.1 and I need to know if I should be setting any other parameters in PHP to enable NoChex APC to function.

Now when I test on https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/testapc my NOchex_notify path it returns to a successful TEST APC sent screen with the details.

I have DEBUG turned on but I do not get any email and neither is the transaction logged into the OS system.

I have checked and double checked that the email address for Nochex is correct and working.

Anyone got any ideas ?