Sign in to follow this  
devilj

Need help with Products Extra Fields

Hello,

I just configured Products Extra Fields (PEF). Great Contrib!!!

I was wondering if anyone new a way to get the data entry area in the new product entry area to be a text area entry rather than an input box?

In essence I would like the Extra Field to look like the Product description on that page.

Also, how do you "hide" this extra field on the product_info.php page?

Thanks.....

I need to do this too. I am working on it at the moment

this is the code that displays the description text box but i don't know how to make it work with the extra fields.

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?>

I think this is a very good contrib that should be integrated into the core program, although the input type should be set in the configuration rather than having to recode catergoires.php

I ain't got time to bleed

I have worked it out.

replace

#echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field("extra_field[".$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']."]", $extra_product_field[$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']]);

with

echo tep_draw_textarea_field("extra_field[".$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']."]", 'soft', '70', '15', $extra_product_field[$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']]);

although you must have the same kind of input box for all of the custom fields. Also the database field is set to a character limit of 64.

I ain't got time to bleed

BTW, you can easily go into the db and change the character limit to 255 or something.