• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorizenet- newbie to osc in need of help

pacosvillage

Sorry to bother the board, but I've seen so many contrary responses to the same question I'm just plain confused.

When I setup Authorizenet to interface with my osc cart, in Auth net settings it asks me to enter three url's:

1. Default receipt url- what would I enter and when I do what does this url do in my cart in relation to the order it is reacting to?

2. Default Relay Response URL- what would I enter and when I do what does this url do in my cart in relation to the order it is reacting to?

3. Silent Post URL - what would I enter and when I do what does this url do in my cart in relation to the order it is reacting to?

So far in test mode I get all of the Authnet credit card emails mailed to my fulfillment email address, but my shopping cart isn't sending me an email of the order (where it shows the addresses, the parts ordered etc. that I could use for fulfillment. will any of 1,2,or 3 above do that function for me once I've setup the right url's in authnet. In other stores I've got with Linkpoint and verisign the email that gets mailed of the order to the fulfillment email address only gets sent out when an actual approved credit card transaction has been concluded. If I don't get an email the order in my cart is disapporved.

Also, what needs to get done for osc cart to update my flag of "in process" on my order, to "paid, awaiting fulfillment".

Lot's of question but probably just a few minutes spent to really help someone on this forum.

Thanks so much

Default receipt url: https://yourdomain.com/catalogdirectory/che...onfirmation.php

Default Relay Response URL: https://yourdomain.com/catalogdirectory/checkout_process.php

Silent Post URL: do not need to fill in.

Also, what needs to get done for osc cart to update my flag of "in process" on my order, to "paid, awaiting fulfillment".

Create a new order status through Admin -> Localization -> Order Status

Now while enabling the authorize.net payment module through admin select the order status of orders made with this payment module.

phpgold: I entered the two url's you gave, then set osc to production and authnet to test, but the credit card transactions aren't getting through. Should I have done anything else, my user name, key etc. are all in osc.

For receipt response what should I have listed in the text box further down from the url spot?

hi kavita, thanks for getting back to me: when I put the two url's you gave me into the auth net settings (I already know one error I made- I clicked on link not post on receipt url edit page. Just below that on the page I mention it asks me to list what text I want on the transaction.

phpgold- I updated the receipt info to now show it as POST. And whn the authnet transaction is trying to send info to me it comes back as an error message that says following:

Not Found

The requested URL /oscommerce/checkout_process.php was not found on this server.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but when you entered the URLs did you use https:// ? I didn't use the s the first time and it didn't work - then I changed it and it now works.

BTW, I'm using "LINK" method for the Default Receipt URL and its working fine. Receipt link text should be something like "Click here to return to site name"

Is your site live? I was only succesful with this after putting osc and auth.net into full production/live mode after I got my SSL certificate installed correctly (which took days!) and I had to modify the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files to look up the IP address of my site instead of the name (xxx.com) because my domain name is live on another server while I'm creating the new cart on a different server as an IP-based account (I'll have to change this back when the DNS change goes into affect.)

I know this seems silly, but when you got the error:

Not Found

The requested URL /oscommerce/checkout_process.php was not found on this server.

Did you check to see if the file is actually located at this path on your server (via FTP)? I ask because I find myself getting so tied up in the deep technical stuff that I often overlook the simple.

I hope you're able to get this resolved this morning - I know how aggravating it can be!

• 7 years later...

I set the Response/Receipt URLs to

https://www.expertwebworld.com/checkout_confirmation.php Default Receipt URL https://www.expertwebworld.com/checkout_process.php Default Relay Response URL

on osc website. After entering the demo card 4111111111111111 and exp to 2013 it redirect to confirmation page after that redirect to authorize for communicate but showing error . I also set test mode in account.

The following errors have occurred.

(123) This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.`

please help to resolve. can i put it on live then may be it will work fine ?

• 1 year later...

The post from dhiman_pawan gave me the clue to solve this. I added links to the Response/Receipt URLs (in Settings) for:

oscommerce/catalog/checkout_success.php

oscommerce/catalog/checkout_process.php

oscommerce/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

and viola, everything started working properly. I gave up on AIM. I spent way too many hours fruitlessly trying to get it to work right. The SIM module only had one glitch, which the above remedied.

@@glh1309

The ONLY return URL that should be used is to the checkout_process.php file. By going to checkout_success.php or checkout_confirmation.php you are bypassing the error checking. This will cause problems with your orders.

Chris