• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customizing Easy Populate

DandA

Hiya,

I want to use a tab delimnated text file to populate my product listings, I've downloaded the easy populate contribution, and this is my problem.

I've got a datafeed.txt from my manufacturer, and the field names are not the same as the field names in easy populate (of course). Rather than having to change the field names every day in the data feed file, I'd like to change the field names in easy populate php file so that I only have to do it once, understand?

LOL I hope I'm clear enough

Thanks,

Anne

why not just do it the other way around, figure out what the fields are for your manufacturer, then overlay a header file with the correct ep names (which correspond to the osCommerce fields) and then you are done . . almost anyway. you still need to layout the txt file to match all the way in, else you could have corrupted data, something going one way while it is supposed to go that way.

now if you have other questions on EP, post at the END of the support thread.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945