• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Limiting choices in usps module?

Urbluffingme

if you read the instructions, it states that you can go into the usps module and remark out the mailing options you do not want to use, thus they do not get displayed

For some reason, It just won't work on the International Shipping. Here is the code I have in usps.php:

$this->types = array('Express' => 'Express Mail',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'Priority' => 'Priority Mail',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'Parcel' => 'Parcel Post');

? ? ?$this->intl_types = array('Express' => 'Global Express Mail (EMS)',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?//'Priority Lg' => 'Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (large)',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?//'Priority Sm' => 'Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (small)',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'Priority Var' => 'Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight Envelope (single)',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?//'Airmail Letter' => 'Airmail Letter Post',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'Airmail Parcel' => 'Airmail Parcel Post',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?//'Surface Letter' => 'Economy (Surface) Letter Post',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'Surface Post' => 'Economy (Surface) Parcel Post');

If I comment out the each value in the types array it works fine. But If I comment them out in the intl_types array, nothing happens. I still get every choice on my site.

I will eventually only use the usps module for international purchases because I offer free shipping to the usa and canada, so I dont need it.

Edited by Urbluffingme

Try the USPS Methods contribution. It was expressly written to accomplish what you are trying to do.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,487/page,6

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

I added this module (following the directions in the accompanying txt file), but when I re-enable the USPS shipping module, it looks just like it did before. It does not show any of the new options (transit time, service types, etc) advertised in the txt file. What am I missing?

I'm hoping to see an answer to this too. I've installed, removed and re-installed USPS Methods three times today to see if I was making a mistake somewhere.

Using the old USPS and my ID from USPS it works, it lists too many options but it works.

Using USPS Methods and the same USPS ID, it does not work. The catalog page displays a message saying an error has occured. The admin page for USPS just displays blank fields for the options, no check boxes or anything.

I'm hoping to see an answer to this too. I've installed, removed and re-installed USPS Methods three times today to see if I was making a mistake somewhere.

Using the old USPS and my ID from USPS it works, it lists too many options but it works.

Using USPS Methods and the same USPS ID, it does not work. The catalog page displays a message saying an error has occured. The admin page for USPS just displays blank fields for the options, no check boxes or anything.

I am using the USPS methods contribution and it used to work ... but has now stopped. I am unable to figure out why, but the USPS rep said it was a problem with the OSC module.

Anyone with ideas?

I'm hoping to see an answer to this too. I've installed, removed and re-installed  USPS Methods three times today to see if I was making a mistake somewhere.

I am using the USPS methods contribution and it used to work ... but has now stopped. I am unable to figure out why, but the USPS rep said it was a problem with the OSC module.

Anyone with ideas?

SOLUTION:

It turned out that my test used an incorrect address (I forgot the last digit of the zip code). Once I corrected that it was fixed.

However, the error reported was very bad, near useless, so I modified it in include/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php to mention that the error could be caused by a bad address.

Good change for customers and myself three months from now when I repeat that mistake :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just installed "methods" and now have a small problem. When I test is as a customer I am getting this message on checkout.

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Anybody seen this before and know how to fix it??

jer37