• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Show grand total in USD?

eTiMaGo

For a store running several currencies, each order comes up in the currency the customer has chosen, either in the order details or the invoice. How would I go about displaying an extra total in USD (or another selectable currency?), just to try and keep everything a little more standardized without making it less convenient for the customer.

any ideas, anyone?

Just posted it as a contribution, guess it takes a little time to be verified first ;)

I'll post the link when it comes up.

Then you can all witness my :ph34r: PHP skillz

• 2 months later...

I haven't looked at the code yet (like I know what I'm looking at :-" ) but does it actually draw the default currency prices from the products and add those up, or just currency convert the total back into default currency?

(Yes, I know it's been a year since you posted this... :D )

For some reason, I find the trailing 0 in the default currency total is stripped from the output. Anyone else had this problem?

For example (with numbers pulled from the air):

Total: US$3.00

Total in AUD: $4.5

I've looked through the code but for the life of me can't figure it out (but then, I'm not much of a coder).

• 2 months later...
For some reason, I find the trailing 0 in the default currency total is stripped from the output. Anyone else had this problem?

For example (with numbers pulled from the air):

Total: US$3.00

Total in AUD: $4.5

I've looked through the code but for the life of me can't figure it out (but then, I'm not much of a coder).

Actually, it just pulls the raw order total, in the default currency of your store, so there's no number or currency formatting. I've learnt a lot more of PHP since then (oscommerce = great teacher), so I think you could put round($total,2) so round it to 2 decimals. Then again I could be wrong :P

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Of course the other way use this module with slight modifications is to force the checkout process to be in your shop's accounting currency (eg. Dollars or Sterling) but show the customer additionally the equivalent total in another currency (eg. Euros).