• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Descriptions/Metatags

Hi guys,

I have the Category Descriptions mod installed and working perfectly and now I am finding out more about the search engines and working my site up the rankings, I would like to add the Category Metatag contrib.

I already have the header tag controller installed and its great but as I have a huge catalog of individual products, I would like my Category pages to have the best chances in the search engines.

My problem is that my copy of admin/categories.php is very heavily modded, with not only the Category Descriptions added but Master Products and Category enable/disable as well.

I would just like to know if anyone has the Metatag contrib installed over the top of the Category Description and how well it is working. (Oh yeah, maybe a quick peek at someones categories.php file may just get me out of a crisis!!)

Cheers in advance for any help. B)

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow......

• 1 month later...

I am wondering about this as well... I'd like both.

Right now though I'm having a problem with the categories description contribution. If you have it working and could give me any help, I'd appreciate it.

You can find my problem here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42577&st=20

and more help here:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=100204

• 1 year later...
My problem is that my copy of admin/categories.php is very heavily modded, with not only the Category Descriptions added but Master Products and Category enable/disable as well.

Cheers in advance for any help. B)

Hi richandzhaoyan,

I'm hoping you mihgt be able to shed some light on how you managed to integrate Master Products with Category Descriptions.

I've had Category Descriptions loaded on my store now for some time because we sell CDs, and each artist is a "category". What we're wanting to do now is associate individual songs as "slaves" to the CD "master".

Anyway, my integration of Master Products (Master_products-v1.1.2) into my current store was going along fine (I had only done 3 files) until I got to /admin/categories.php.

This was heavily modified by the Category Descriptions contrib. and I got up to this section of the file in the Master_products-v1.1.2 contrib... (lines 468-477)

//Master Products 
				   'products_listing_status' => '',
				   'products_tax_class_id' => '',
				   'manufacturers_id' => '');

$pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_listing_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_master, products_master_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
//Master Products EOF

and tried to find this in my modded version, but it had been completely removed...

So I was wondering if you might be able to shed some light on how you modded /admin/categories.php (and presumably the store version also) so that these two contributions could work together...